• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

MechaX

Savitar

The DBZ stuff was decent.

The Hellsing stuff was fucking outstanding.

Alucard to the Queen: "Shut up you old hag I'd still wreck you up like Diana".

BHZ Mayor

I've replayed it over and over and over but I can't understand what Goku is saying at 17:18 after Piccolo takes that shot.

Something something take a turn?

Anteo

I've replayed it over and over and over but I can't understand what Goku is saying at 17:18 after Piccolo takes that shot.

I think he says "Shut it, Goku" as in shut up Goku.

Edit: totally missread, yep I am too having a hard time at that part

LordAlu

It's either "You want I should take a turn?" or "You want my should take a turn?". Probably the former.

Savitar

Yeah I'm not going to lie.

That blew.

A lot of the blame can probably lie on the fact almost every character had exaggerated voices.

Who thought that was good?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Watched it earlier. Had its moments, but Titan really doesn't lend itself well to humor.
I think it does because it's so ridiculously pseudo-serious that you can't help but poke fun at how ridiculous it is.

However, I don't think TFS did a good job with it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just posted on their Facebook page:

We'd like to apologize for the delay on the latest episode. A couple of the writers have been sick on and off, as well as out of town, during the last three months. We also wanted to make sure we had Dead Zone done as our 1,000,000 Sub special, and it was extra long. Combining that with Hellsing Ultimate, our jobs, etc. we've had a lot on our plates.

That being said (shields up!) you can look forward to Episode 38 come December. Some of us are going to be out of town visiting family for Thanksgiving. You can expect a preview up by Tuesday at the latest though.

Thank you for your understanding. This project takes a lot out of us and, with our day jobs and personal lives, it's sometimes hard to focus enough time to get these out quickly. We're planning on making some big changes soon, though, to help increase our productivity.

We love you guys. Sorry for the delay.

Tizoc

Refresh my memory but when was it explained that Piccolo or Kami dieing would petrify the Dragon Balls? Was it explained in early DBZ or during the Picollo Daimaoh arc in DB?

ZealousD

Yeah, didn't really care for that. Some funny parts for sure, but not worth the effort.

It's such a shame since that means it's gonna take even LONGER than it already took for new DBZA episodes. :/

Attack on Titan Abridged has a completely different person doing the editing, which is the real bottleneck in the DBZA episodes.

Anteo

Refresh my memory but when was it explained that Piccolo or Kami dieing would petrify the Dragon Balls? Was it explained in early DBZ or during the Picollo Daimaoh arc in DB?

I dont remember when it was explained (knowing toriyama, it probably was explained just after picolo was killed). The basic idea is that if you kill the person that made the dragon balls they stop working. And since Piccolo and Kami are the same person, killing one of them would kill the other too (reviving one of them would revive the other too)

ZealousD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA6sPyxz7GI

It's a shame they can't monetise the series

I wish Funimation would give it some official licensing, take a split of profits, there is quite a bit of money being left on the table,

Funimation is already making money of DBZA. It's keeping interest in the series alive, so it's probably helping their DVD and Blu-Ray sales. Probably the only reason that them and Fuji TV haven't shut the guys down.

Part of me imagines that there's probably some legal reasons why Funimation can't buy TeamFourStar and DBZA after the fact.

Top Bottom