• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

jasonng

It's been said before but it's worth repeating. The voice acting is just absolutely amazing. Every character is absolutely spot on. Listening to the dub dbz now is just horrifying.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Tizoc

I almost woke my brother up, this ep. was hilarious.
Why is Tien such a dick again? ...and I really feel bad for poor Yamcha now.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think he means Tien's the primary straight man of the group now. Everyone else has at least one personality quirk.

Yeah. Like, everyone is pretty much a joke character, but Tenshinhan's "joke" is that he isn't really a joke character, and behaves somewhat "normally".

Also, they kinda said so in the Kai episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo5Rhn8zuPA

About one minute eighteen seconds in.

Edit: Also, remember the part during episode 30 where on King Kai's planet, everyone was worried about death, but Tenshinhan said who the fuck cares? It doesn't matter since we're just going to wish everyone back anyway you morons.

Tizoc

Ah I see, yeah I remember him saying in an ep. 'I'm the only serious character in this show. ...That's the joke'.
Well whatevs, I'm starting to like Tien more now having rewatched the ep.

Lamel

Banned
Tien was a badass in the real series. It was great to see he was able to hold off second form cell for a little while. Usually krillin, tien, and yamcha were just punching bags...and even piccolo eventually (so sad).

"Why is dodging a sub routine? It's not that complex!"

*Piccolo looks at Gohan*

Dead. That and Vegeta's tantrum killed me dead.

It's actually hard for me to go back to watching the official stuff because DBZA's cast are how I hear all these characters now.
I played Dragon Ball Z Kai Ultimate Butouden on DS just after it came out in Japan, as all the text was in Japanese I was just reading it along in my head with the Dragon Ball Z Abridged lines, made the fights against Nappa amazing.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I played Dragon Ball Z Kai Ultimate Butouden on DS just after it came out in Japan, as all the text was in Japanese I was just reading it along in my head with the Dragon Ball Z Abridged lines, made the fights against Nappa amazing.

"Hey Vegeta. I sunk their battleships."

And their WHALES.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You know, I wonder how they're going to handle Cell. They did a great job with Freeza and all the other bad guys, but I wonder what they have planned for him. I doubt it'll be as good as the Ginyu Force.

this_guy

You know, I wonder how they're going to handle Cell. They did a great job with Freeza and all the other bad guys, but I wonder what they have planned for him. I doubt it'll be as good as the Ginyu Force.

More than anything, I can wait to see Vegeta get destroyed by Android 18. That has epic written all over it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So I was watching Battle of the Gods...
So...

So now Luffy and this Toriko character are as strong as Goku...

I'm gettin too old for this shish

BY2K

Membero Americo
Things are gonna get priceless once Kami fuses with Piccolo.

"Shit, that's good."

The delivery makes the whole joke work so well.

T'Zariah

Banned
In the FULL 37th episode, i wish Future Trunks comes back and Vegeta realizes that he's his son, he'll say:
Vegeta: Trunks, I am your Father!
Trunks: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That's Impossible.
Vegeta: Come, Trunks. And together, we can rule this planet as FATHER AND SON!
...I wish for that to happen

AniHawk

In the FULL 37th episode, i wish Future Trunks comes back and Vegeta realizes that he's his son, he'll say:

and then they'll cut back to peter griffin talking to his friends at the bar.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

No, that's fucking stupid. The writers are smarter than that.
Also, Trunks already knows Vegeta is his father so this also doesn't make sense.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If anything it would make more sense for Trunks to go "Vegeta, I am your son" and Vegeta to go "Nooooooooo, that's not true!"

Thankfully I think it's a reference they'll avoid altogether.

totowhoa

Banned
New ep about to go up.

Scott Frerichs ‏@KaiserNeko 27minutes agoooo
What's that? Episode 37 will be up within the hour? You don't say! #tockcease

Top Bottom