• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Savitar

All things considering it can easily be argued Goku's a shit dad, husband, friend and more due to his obsession to have a decent fight.

Lamel

Banned
You know Vegeta's comeuppance is going to be even worse with Perfect cell. He was a total badass with final flash, but I can't wait for these guys to destroy him.

Also in like 2 episodes ago, I found it hilarious when 18 asked gero how he put his brain in the new body. "How DID i do that?". I lost it, and its so true.

MikeMyers

All things considering it can easily be argued Goku's a shit dad, husband, friend and more due to his obsession to have a decent fight.

All Training And No Fighting Makes Goku A Dull Boy

McNum

The only thing more funny about TFS's version of Vegeta than seeing him be all cocky, is seeing him getting beat down. He gives good pain.

I like it when they reuse a stupid line from the original dub, too. "Sad for you!" What was the original lead-in to that line, anyway?

PK Gaming

That episode was the bees knees

Highlight: When Vega adropped the C-bomb and got the absolute crap beat out of him. He was talking shit for the entire episode, but this was the ultimate comeuppance.

Really like the way they characterized 17, they made him into a pretty cool dude.

Tizoc

Damnit Vegeta, you never say the
C word
I do like how cocky he is in this arc, TFS really drive home his character and wanting to overcome everyone.

Sandfox

I really feel that its the abridged series that make people think this when Goku wasn't really that bad of a dad.

Cheerilee

I really feel that its the abridged series that make people think this when Goku wasn't really that bad of a dad.

Nah, that's a conclusion that a lot of people came to, once they realized it, or they were told.

The show tells us that he's this purehearted innocent hero, and he might be pure and innocent, but he's a terrible father.

It seems that he'll work his ass off and endure inhuman hardships when his family and friends are in danger, but he'll also apparently do that purely for the joy of a fight, so does he really deserve any credit for saving his family and friends?

He's an idiot who will drop babies on their head, and doesn't see the problem in that. He deliberately and willfully put his friends and family in mortal danger, and watched them get destroyed both physically and mentally, when he could have saved them, because he thought that was a good idea. Hey, it happened to him and he turned out alright. After his battles to save the world (if that's what they really were) cost him his life and cost his family and friends a beloved husband/father/friend, and he was given a second (third, fourth) chance to be with them, he tossed that aside because he didn't understand it's value, and chose to fight more.

He's a terrible husband/father/friend, but it's not his fault because he was mostly raised by animals in the jungle, until he ate them.

Sandfox

Nah, that's a conclusion that a lot of people came to, once they realized it, or they were told.

The show tells us that he's this purehearted innocent hero, and he might be pure and innocent, but he's a terrible father.

It seems that he'll work his ass off and endure inhuman hardships when his family and friends are in danger, but he'll also apparently do that purely for the joy of a fight, so does he really deserve any credit for saving his family and friends?

He's an idiot who will drop babies on their head, and doesn't see the problem in that. He deliberately and willfully put his friends and family in mortal danger, and watched them get destroyed both physically and mentally, when he could have saved them, because he thought that was a good idea. Hey, it happened to him and he turned out alright. After his battles to save the world (if that's what they really were) cost him his life and cost his family and friends a beloved husband/father/friend, and he was given a second (third, fourth) chance to be with them, he tossed that aside because he didn't understand it's value, and chose to fight more.

He's a terrible husband/father/friend, but it's not his fault because he was mostly raised by animals in the jungle, until he ate them.

The only time what you mentioned happened is during the Cell saga and a lot of that happened from Toriyama writing the characters poorly in order to advance the plot. Also, the thing with him dying was that every threat to earth that has appeared since King Piccolo was caused by Goku's existence so him wanting to stay dead makes sense.

MikeMyers

Although even Akira Toriyama has criticized his fatherhood and I dont think hes seen abridged.

"The main character Goku is a strong, pure, good person, but he’s also a battle-obsessed, hopeless case of a human being, who has some issues as a father. Yet for some reason, he possesses a mysterious, lighthearted charm that keeps his circle of friends growing and growing."

Source

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Cell is coming! Hide yo androids.

Ha, bringing back the Space Duck gag. Though now it's just a regular duck since they're not in space.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ok, so what's the reference with 16 at the start?

"what's your name little bird?"
"toriyama.."
"I would love to see your dinosaur"
"he does what?"

I remember Toriyama being a bird that Goku named in Revenge of Cooler Abridged. Not sure what the dinosaur is about.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Do you remember how DBZ ended?

If nothing else, that should have really driven the point home.

I remember Toriyama being a bird that Goku named in Revenge of Cooler Abridged. Not sure what the dinosaur is about.
Which is also a reference to the opening theme lyrics.

ReiGun

"You know if this is about making mom and dad mad, you could just date a black guy."
"Oh my God."
"Oh that's right - they're dead."
"Oh my God."

I died.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Disappointed at how little they covered in that episode. Not sure how long it was in original but that was basically 1 episode of Kai.

It was two episodes of the original. I think that's basically par for the course for DBZA right now. They're still covering about 40-50 minutes in a quarter of the time.

Top Bottom