• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

So many things things to look forward to. Dendes return, Hercule, the hyperbolic time chamber for both groups, Mr. Satan, and Hercule Satan,

Every time I see a scene of the actual DBZ online or wherever I keep expecting the Abridged voices to come out and it feels weird when it doesn't.

I feel you. It's jarring trying to watch any dub not DBZA now.

Tizoc

So you guys do realise that
Cell
is total
High off his ass
when
he's coming in and doing that

lol really? I just assumed he was just having a fun time.
What did Mr. Popo say in his scenes? Couldn't hear his early ones.

The beginning was really slow but Cell's reveal was great. No idea how they didn't have Piccolo shouting "NNNNNEEEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDD" from the lookout while Gohan was explaining stuff at the beginning.

Wait that actually happened? I didn't even hear him yell it lol.

Conan-san

lol really? I just assumed he was just having a fun time.
What did Mr. Popo say in his scenes? Couldn't hear his early ones.
The news crew mention ginger town legalised marijuana use so the chances of one or more of
Cell's
victims being off their rocker at time of poke is pretty dang high.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
TFS News Update May 20th

Next big video will be Return of Cooler Abridged (nice!)
They'll be at a bunch of cons in July.
And Attack on Titan Abridged has been put on indefinite hiatus due to legal issues. I'm sure you're all so bummed (pffffft)

It's crazy how rewatchable this series is. After finishing the last episode I went back to Episode 1 and now feel compelled to rewatch EVERY SINGLE ONE.

And oh yes, bring on Mr. Satan. Shall be glorious.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If they're about to do Revenge of Cooler Abridged, does that mean they're trying to do the movies semi-chronologically, and kind of where the movies would fit into the timeline?

BatDan

If they're about to do Revenge of Cooler Abridged, does that mean they're trying to do the movies semi-chronologically, and kind of where the movies would fit into the timeline?

Just about.
Before TFS was officially formed they did Dead Zone and World's Strongest (the only version of these I could find are really shitty quality...). Once TFS became a group, they did Tree of Might, Lord Slug, and Cooler's Revenge.
Since Return of Cooler has Super Saiyan Vegeta, they bided their time by doing other big projects like Episode of Bardock (aka RETCON THE SPECIAL) and remaking Dead Zone to properly fit "DBZ Abridged canon". I remember the original Dead Zone Abridged had Gohan as a complete idiot.

Now that Vegeta has become a Super Saiyan in the show, they can now move on with the movies.

Found the original Dead Zone Abridged (with better quality) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=691QC67dUAs
Volume alert at the beginning
Only three actors in the whole thing...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just about.
Before TFS was officially formed they did Dead Zone and World's Strongest (the only version of these I could find are really shitty quality...). Once TFS became a group, they did Tree of Might, Lord Slug, and Cooler's Revenge.
Since Return of Cooler has Super Saiyan Vegeta, they bided their time by doing other big projects like Episode of Bardock (aka RETCON THE SPECIAL) and remaking Dead Zone to properly fit "DBZ Abridged canon". I remember the original Dead Zone Abridged had Gohan as a complete idiot.

Now that Vegeta has become a Super Saiyan in the show, they can now move on with the movies.

Found the original Dead Zone Abridged (with better quality) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=691QC67dUAs
Volume alert at the beginning
Only three actors in the whole thing...

There's two movies that would take place just before the Cell Games, then. Gonna be a long wait to see the climax of Season 2.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That original Dead Zone abridged is terrrrrriiiible. It's like those fly-by-night abridges that do one episode with terrible jokes and horrible voice acting. Hard to believe TFS came from that.

BatDan

So was that
the actual voice of Claptrap or a really good impersonator

Not as good as the first Cooler, but still pretty funny

Oh! I just realized the music in the
regeneration scene
was from the REGIS Mk V episode of Megas XLR. I miss that show...

So was that
the actual voice of Claptrap or a really good impersonator

Not as good as the first Cooler, but still pretty funny

Oh! I just realized the music in the
regeneration scene
was from the REGIS Mk V episode of Megas XLR. I miss that show...

I didn't check the credits but that has to be, it's too exact.

zeemumu

New to the thread but a long time watcher.

TeamFourStar is makin the world a better place.

tumblr_n5d3g18Kp21tzbtgpo1_500.gif

Welcome to the thread, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is the best movie hey have done, most of them have been pretty lame so far.
But this one I really like.

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that claptrap voice was in there its awesome way to do it.
Hilarious :D

Top Bottom