• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

That was basically half a Kai episode. Disappointed at how little that covered again and didn't find much of it that funny. Favorite part was probably Android 16 at the beginning.

Timbuktu

I have always quite enjoyed bits in DBZ where things were quite everyday and 'nothing' happened. I thought that was pretty good.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
trunks: how's it ha- how ya doing?
yamcha: ah you know, hanging in there.
trunks: ahhhhhhhh......

Was gonna post this.

I think Trunks was the star of this episode.

That was basically half a Kai episode. Disappointed at how little that covered again and didn't find much of it that funny. Favorite part was probably Android 16 at the beginning.

Well, they showed Cell's time machine being discovered. That's quite a few episodes after the fight with the androids isn't it?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I checked the DBZ wiki, and it looks like it covered 3 episodes of the uncut series and maybe an episode and a half of Kai.

Also keeping in mind that these episodes are only 10 minutes in length, and yeah, they're abridging fine.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I thought it was a fun episode. We did get like 5 episodes of action so I guess a breather was needed.

By the way, that country song? That's Chris Sabat singing.

McNum

I guess it's kind of hard to abridge what's basically three episodes of essential exposition.

Goku's being moved, different characters are now doing different things to set up for later, and Trunks' time machine has been found. I don't see anything that could be cut without impacting what's coming.

So, yeah, not the greatest DBZA episode, but for every punchline, there must be setup. And this was a lot of setup. Android 16 keeps on being awesome, of course.

But we're basically in a stalling pattern for Cell showing up. Which sort of was what the show did, too.

Wait what did Chiaotzu say was the final ingredient?

also really liking the Androids in this (16 taking the lead son!!) and Trunks showing off his naive side more.

That interaction with Bulma after that ordeal was glorious

Wait what did Chiaotzu say was the final ingredient?

also really liking the Androids in this (16 taking the lead son!!) and Trunks showing off his naive side more.

That interaction with Bulma after that ordeal was glorious

That awkward silence was the greatest.

I love all of the obvious Cell foreshadowing ("But cells are boring") going on, too.

Stuart444

Been waiting so long to see how it would be for Piccolo with both Kami and Nail in his head haha. Awesome.

Also laughed at "He can't even take care of his kid. I TAKE CARE OF HIS KID" and "Why are you looking at my arm"

Great episode. Though the ending was kinda creepy.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I like the "Oh, good" connection between Trunks and Gohan.

And poor, poor Piccolo.

The beginning was really slow but Cell's reveal was great. No idea how they didn't have Piccolo shouting "NNNNNEEEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDD" from the lookout while Gohan was explaining stuff at the beginning.

and the awkwardness continues LOLOLOL

the fusion stuff was pretty good (complete with another one in his head) and also Roshi
smoking that blunt

with this cell being creepy as hell i wonder how the other 2 are going to sound.

Top Bottom