• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Wow, this one was fantastic. I lost it at Goten disappearing.

I was watching one of the Xenoverse plays where they talk about the 13 dick punch and speculated that Goku's sperm gets stronger when damaged and that punch to the dick is why Goten is so strong : )

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I know it's just a TV show and blah blah blah, but it's kinda funny how it takes months to deal with the TV show enemies, yet they can take care of these movie villain yahoos in a day.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I was watching one of the Xenoverse plays where they talk about the 13 dick punch and speculated that Goku's sperm gets stronger when damaged and that punch to the dick is why Goten is so strong : )

lol, they've clearly given that scene a lot of thought

jasonng

The Android 13 movie holds a special place in my heart because it was my first exposure to DBZ. Going to watch the abridged now.

Edit: Wow. It sucked.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece Strong World is one example
As is Naruto The Last and Boruto.
In terms of DBZ, Battle of Gods and Resurrection F can be considered canon. Well, until Super came along.

Strong World actually isn't canon as there's no time when it could actually take place. What it is instead is done by Oda. Shiki is also canon to the anime in a strange way.

Same with Film Z.

Dead Zone as a DBZ prequel is so damn close to actually being canon compared to other DBZ movies. All it takes is that a few people forget that they were introduced to Gohan and it would fit in 100%!

Really liked Super Android 13 Abridged until the last 5 minutes. The black and white still shots with the guy talking over them killed the pace and nearly ruined the movie for me. Would probably put it at the bottom of my favorite Abridged movies. Episode of Bardock is still my favorite. Cooler's Revenge is probably my second favorite but everything else is close (except maybe this one).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
"If it ain't the prince! Good day, yer majesty. I'd tip my hat to ya, but I lost it!"

Best line in the movie. Excellent delivery.

A good chunk of the DBZ movies are retarded for reasons beyond questions about continuity and such. Some of these movies are just badly made and nonsensical. Take this one that we just saw. You have half the movie with Goku (and everyone else) getting their asses kicked until they suddenly remember that they can turn SSJ. And it's not like they were just testing them out or anything either. Take that scene where 13 fired a powerful blast at Goku and he's being pushed back. He's truly fucking acting like it's all over until Vegeta saves him. It's just really goddamned stupid.

Not to mention that these movies also have Goku (and really everyone else too, but mostly Goku) get his ass kicked throughout a good chunk of the movie, but when Goku finally turns the tables, it's over in like a minute. This happens with Cooler, 13, Brolly, Janemba, etc. It's so damn annoying. Let him properly return the pain, damn it!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"If it ain't the prince! Good day, yer majesty. I'd tip my hat to ya, but I lost it!"

Best line in the movie. Excellent delivery.

A good chunk of the DBZ movies are retarded for reasons beyond questions about continuity and such. Some of these movies are just badly made and nonsensical. Take this one that we just saw. You have half the movie with Goku (and everyone else) getting their asses kicked until they suddenly remember that they can turn SSJ. And it's not like they were just testing them out or anything either. Take that scene where 13 fired a powerful blast at Goku and he's being pushed back. He's truly fucking acting like it's all over until Vegeta saves him. It's just really goddamned stupid.

Not to mention that these movies also have Goku (and really everyone else too, but mostly Goku) get his ass kicked throughout a good chunk of the movie, but when Goku finally turns the tables, it's over in like a minute. This happens with Cooler, 13, Brolly, Janemba, etc. It's so damn annoying. Let him properly return the pain, damn it!

The movies were put on the earth to keep the spirit bomb as a powerful move. It has an awful success rate in the actual series but it ends nearly all of the movies.

Wiseblade

Strong World actually isn't canon as there's no time when it could actually take place. What it is instead is done by Oda. Shiki is also canon to the anime in a strange way.

Same with Film Z.
Strong World is canonical. Oda carved out a specific period in time in the manga that the events of the film cleanly slot into and the manga makes a reference to the main villain of the film.

this_guy

I hate how their power levels don't correlate to the actual series. Piccolo has surpassed Super Sayian level 1 (as shown by him going toe to toe with Android 17) and should be able to wipe the floor with pretty much anyone, but instead he always ends up struggling with a henchmen.

I hate how their power levels don't correlate to the actual series. Piccolo has surpassed Super Sayian level 1 (as shown by him going toe to toe with Android 17) and should be able to wipe the floor with pretty much anyone, but instead he always ends up struggling with a henchmen.

That happened big time in revenge of Cooler. You can hear KaiserNeko go off on that movie in his making of video. How the hell did Vegeta ever make it there...in a Saiyen pod that shouldn't exist. Also, YES Piccolo is implied to have fused already and he should be stronger than either Vegeta and Goku. Also, he mentioned that Dende is supposedly implied to be the Earth guardian in that movie even though that makes no sense for numerous reason.

They tried to tie the movies into very specific chronologies between DBZ episodes but it never works out.

Grexeno

Strong World is canonical. Oda carved out a specific period in time in the manga that the events of the film cleanly slot into and the manga makes a reference to the main villain of the film.
It's not canonical. He later came out and said so, because it still didn't make any fucking sense.

I just watched the DBZ episode where Goten and Trunks wait up on the lookout and attack PoPo.

I realized it might be another 3-4 years before they get to this episode but damnit, I think I want to see that more than anything.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
TFS really likes to underline the fact that future Trunks' entire role in the series basically boils down to getting steamrolled right after some try-hard showboating.

Did he ever net a W between slicing up Frieza and his goons and his return home? It's kind of sad. He's even the only character I remember in the entire span of the series who actually took a shot at the villain while he powered-up instead of standing around like a doofus, too.

AniHawk

I just watched the DBZ episode where Goten and Trunks wait up on the lookout and attack PoPo.

I realized it might be another 3-4 years before they get to this episode but damnit, I think I want to see that more than anything.

popo kind of shrugs it off too from what i remember.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
TFS really likes to underline the fact that future Trunks' entire role in the series basically boils down to getting steamrolled right after some try-hard showboating.

He really is the son of Vegeta.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Did he ever net a W between slicing up Frieza and his goons and his return home? It's kind of sad. He's even the only character I remember in the entire span of the series who actually took a shot at the villain while he powered-up instead of standing around like a doofus, too.

He killed that one minion in the Bojack movie!

popo kind of shrugs it off too from what i remember.

Yes, but he's basically blocking super Saiyan punches like nothing and he's shown to be faster than Goten. He doesn't really care in the real show but they can make it work in the dialog for abridged.

Turin

Banned

At least he got to butcher all of the androids when he went home.

Luigi87

I really liked Super 13 Abridged, had me laughing a lot. I do feel the black and white moments, while funny in concept, slowed down the pace. If it was only played for laughs twice I wouldn't have minded, but four times, and the third and fourth time they really felt long.

I really appreciated the continued gag of just how wrong Trunks was about the number of Androids.

Keasar

I also still love Vegeta's constant enjoyment of harassing his own son, laughing at Trunks when he gets shot by 13 trying to save Vegeta from being piledrived into the ground, still laughing in pain and calling his son an idiot.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Probably dumb question, but does TFS make money off these videos?

Not directly from the DBZ videos.
They have Patreon, merchandise, video game playthroughs, and outside the internet jobs (KaiserNeko actually works for Funimation now)

Probably dumb question, but does TFS make money off these videos?

Yes and no. The don't montitize the actual tfs episodes, but they make money off of merchandise sold based on catchpraises and other videos on their channel. Like they pull no money from Episode 50 but if the news update for episode 51 gets 4 million views they'd make money off of that. They also get Patreon money now.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Not directly from the DBZ videos.
They have Patreon, merchandise, video game playthroughs, and outside the internet jobs (KaiserNeko actually works for Funimation now)

Yes and no. The don't montitize the actual tfs episodes, but they make money off of merchandise sold based on catchpraises and other videos on their channel. Like they pull no money from Episode 50 but if the news update for episode 51 gets 4 million views they'd make money off of that. They also get Patreon money now.

Ah okay. That sounds about right. I know they're doing parodies and all, but wasn't sure if that would still apply considering they're using the original footage (and music).

Top Bottom