• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Ambitious

Won't the new Hellsing ep be out soon?

tfs5qjh0.png

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Is there a reason they're putting so much focus on these FFVII and Attack on Titan videos while ignoring the shit out of Hellsing?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is there a reason they're putting so much focus on these FFVII and Attack on Titan videos while ignoring the shit out of Hellsing?

First of all, Attack on Titan is never happening again. It's been cancelled due to executive meddling (or so they say)
Second, Hellsing was always a Halloween thing. One episode every year. Makes sense since there's only 10 episodes. Unless they make an 11th that mocks the awful Gonzo anime.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
First of all, Attack on Titan is never happening again. It's been cancelled due to executive meddling (or so they say)
Second, Hellsing was always a Halloween thing. One episode every year. Makes sense since there's only 10 episodes. Unless they make an 11th that mocks the awful Gonzo anime.

Oh. Alrighty then.

Zubz

Banned

Gah. I understand that there're issues, but I'm a little disheartened to hear this; Hellsing Ultimate's arguably my favorite show from them.

I know they only have 5 more episodes to work with, and that it's supposed to be their Halloween special, but I dunno. I kind of want to see how the rest of it turns out. At least we're getting Super Android 13 this weekend!

Stuart444

Just saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkgt5O5nYWE

Seems SE acknowledges TFS. (nice to see they also put the disclaimer in the video as well).

Not watched it yet apart from the start but will watch it later on :).

As for Super Android 13. I laughed a lot. All those references to past TFS stuff.

"Why did he hit me in the dick? :(" with the whole Goten thing made me laugh so much. Hahaha.

I always enjoy the continuity shit much more than the regular stuff (the explosion thud following Trunks flipping out). Fuck this movie though.

That reference on the dick punch though. And the continued Doctor Who music on Trunks.

edit: also, that 9-11 conspiracy stuff reference at the start.

BatDan

They had to do something special for the dick punch, and they hit it out of the park.
"Look at mah trucker hat!"

Next movie is... Broly. Oooh man, they're going to have a field day with that one.

LordAlu

Vegeta: "WANNA SEE SOMETHING COOL?"
Android: "Okay"
*Transforms into Super Saiyan. Trunks sees this*
Trunks: "Oh yeah, Super Saiyan."
*Transforms into Super Saiyan. Goku sees this*
Goku: "Oh yeah, Super Saiyan."

The laughter, I can't stop it. :D

Vegeta: "WANNA SEE SOMETHING COOL?"
Android: "Okay"
*Transforms into Super Saiyan. Trunks sees this*
Trunks: "Oh yeah, Super Saiyan."
*Transforms into Super Saiyan. Goku sees this*
Goku: "Oh yeah, Super Saiyan."

The laughter, I can't stop it. :D

Gero Computer: Oh shit, Super Saiyan.

I certainly love Vegeta learning about there being more androids, much to Trunks insistence not to.
"Never letting the boy live this one down..."

And Korin and Yajirobe getting married actually happening?

BatDan

It's not like movies of TV anime are canon, anyway.

I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I can't think of any right now.

One Piece Strong World is one example
As is Naruto The Last and Boruto.
In terms of DBZ, Battle of Gods and Resurrection F can be considered canon. Well, until Super came along.

One Piece Strong World is one example
As is Naruto The Last and Boruto.
In terms of DBZ, Battle of Gods and Resurrection F can be considered canon. Well, until Super came along.

Resurrection F is cannon, it's just Battle of Gods which got changed a bit in the super version right?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Man, I didnt realize it took this long to get to broly, one of the most famous DBZ movies and it took some time for the show to get to it, that must mean the android saga was pretty long as i thought it would be bojack that was next.

Since they seem to be doing the movies at the point in the timeline that it would make the most sense, broly should come around the time that Goku and gohan are chilling after training in the room of space and time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man, I didnt realize it took this long to get to broly, one of the most famous DBZ movies and it took some time for the show to get to it, that must mean the android saga was pretty long as i thought it would be bojack that was next.

Bojack isn't until after Cell is done.

farisr

Man, this was really good. Definitely the best abridged movie, and up there with some of the great dbz abridged eps. Once it got going after the the okay start, me and my friends were dying throughout.

Tizoc

that is weird, how ova are never included in the greater arcs. I guess it makes dollars and cents.

IIRC the movies were made for annual Shonen Jump events during the 90s.
Each movie is based on stuff that happened in the manga or anime at that point-
The first 2 Dead Zone and World's Strongest could be excluded since they aren't based on anything from what was airing at the time

Tree of Might was based on the enemy Saiyans and on how Raditz was Goku's brother

Lord Slug was based on how the crew were on Namek since the main villain is a Namekian

Cooler's Revenge based on the Freeza saga

Return of Cooler, based on how Freeza was resurrected as cyborg and because it was well into the Androids saga

Super Android 13! self explanatory since it was aired during the Androids saga

Broly this one's....tricky this one aired after Gohan was able to achieve Super Saiyan and the Cell Games had started in the anime. I guess it was inspired by Trunks' failed Super Saiyan form

Bojack Unbound is based on the Cell Games since there's a tourney involved.

Broly - Second Coming, Broly was popular so they brought him back. This was during the Great Saiyaman arc and before the Buu arc started so they didn't have much to work with.

Fusion Reborn Inspired by Buu and Fusion, note that both Goku and Vegeta are dead during this movie

Wrath of the Dragon involved a 'sealed evil in a can' much like Buu was

Zelias

Banned
"You can't dodge my T.H. Death Bomb!"
"Does the T.H. stand for-"
"Trucker Hat, yes!"
"... Not my first guess."

rofl

Broly is going to be amazing.

I love that you totally get the callback from his voice and tone but they made sure to just put in the line "Hi, I'm android 13, look at my trucker hat!'

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
While that one was great, Lord Slug Abridged still stands out as the best to me, with Dead Zone Abridged in second.

I thought the Bardock one (the new one) was fucking hilarious because of how they voiced the native people, and wove in the meta stupidness of the plot into the actual plot.

Top Bottom