• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Khezu

But Super is actually canon.

It's canon but I think it's pretty bad so far. Well not only bad, but also just kinda dull and boring.

Don't get me wrong, GT is obviously worse, but from what I remember, it did get kinda weird at points, weird enough that maybe a comedic dub could salvage something from it.

That said, if they really hate GT that much and would do nothing but shit on it constantly every chance they could get, then that would get old fast.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The only thing hurting these recent episodes for me is that it mostly features Masayuki Uchiyama's butt ugly work on the series.

The Cell saga seemed to be the overall worst when it came to visual quality and consistency. I distinctly remember going back and watching the end of original Dragonball after finishing Cell and just being floored at the difference in animation quality between Goku vs Piccolo and Goku vs Cell.

I mainly said KN because he's the main guy behind DBZA. But yeah, the core group hates GT. Though I hope they at least try their hand at Broly, but not before they do World's Strongest.

Got a feeling World's Strongest is going to come between Seasons 3 and 4, since we got Dead between Seasons 2 and 3.

Speaking of the movies, isn't it about time they did Super Android 13?

totowhoa

Banned
Yeah I'm going to pass on FF7. Another episode that wasn't very good. I'll check back in after 10 or so episodes and see if the writing's improved.

DBZA 50 was great, however.

Keasar

DBZA Vegeta is one of the best trash talkers ever, also hilarious around Trunks.

"Then again unlike you, he's half me."
"Wh...what!?"
"Course the other half is his mother, I mean look at that hair."
"I.."
"You look like a fruit!"
"Y-you..."
"And not like a homosexual I mean like a literal walking fruit!"
"EGGPLANT!"

Neoxon

DBZA Vegeta is one of the best trash talkers ever, also hilarious around Trunks.

"Then again unlike you, he's half me."
"Wh...what!?"
"Course the other half is his mother, I mean look at that hair."
"I.."
"You look like a fruit!"
"Y-you..."
"And not like a homosexual I mean like a literal walking fruit!"
"EGGPLANT!"
Imagine how Vegeta would interact with Kid Trunks.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Episode 50 Breakdown

Also included: KaiserNeko realizing that it's been over 7 years since they started.
Confirmation that they will be doing Buu. "Buu Mountain" as he calls it.

*suddenly appearing rocks in the original episode* Toei Seal of QUALITY

That, and it sounds like Android 13 is the next movie they're doing. Guessing it's the Christmas special since the movie starts with everyone shopping before 14 and 15 start attacking and then they go to not-North Pole to fight.

Zubz

Banned
Episode 50 Breakdown

Also included: KaiserNeko realizing that it's been over 7 years since they started.

I like how they refer to it as a "mountain;" even when abridged, I doubt the arc's going to wrap up quickly. Still, if they've gone this far, they might as well just finish the show, right? So long as the quality doesn't suffer, I'm in.

Neoxon

Episode 50 Breakdown

YAY!!!! I can't wait for their take on the Buu Saga.

That, and it sounds like Android 13 is the next movie they're doing. Guessing it's the Christmas special since the movie starts with everyone shopping before 14 and 15 start attacking and then they go to not-North Pole to fight.
That wouldn't surprise me. Plus it would allow TFS to follow up on their 13 tease.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Confirmation that they will be doing Buu.

Yessssssss.

EmbellishedRelievedAfricanrockpython.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Whoa, a new episode already? Seems they're stepping up their game.

Positives:

- "Looks like Cell's pulling a bald one on me"
- Goku's legit good question about why Gohan didn't turn SSJ during the fight with Freeza. This isn't something new, and it's something I thought of before, but I thought it was cause Gohan didn't have the requisite minimum power level by that point. Of course, you watch that saga again and find that he's at least as powerful as 3rd form Freeza, so...yeah, wtf?

Negatives:

- "C..C....C...COMBO!!"

I'm sorry, but I just really hate it when they do internet meme jokes. They always come off as so tryhard and cringeworthy, imo.Their best material is when they're being original.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Negatives:

- "C..C....C...COMBO!!"

I'm sorry, but I just really hate it when they do internet meme jokes. They always come off as so tryhard and cringeworthy, imo.Their best material is when they're being original.

I didn't even realize this was based on a meme, I just assumed it was just a fighting game reference.

Sephzilla

I have a feeling TFS will move right into Super once they're done with Z, based off of their seemingly universal dislike of GT. Considering it's been 7 years and we're not even to Perfect Cell yet, Super will probably be done by the time TFS is done with Z and the movies.

Negatives:

- "C..C....C...COMBO!!"

It's a Killer Instinct reference that immediately follows up a Street Fighter reference.

Negatives:

- "C..C....C...COMBO!!"

You didn't catch "shoryuken "? That was a really nice fit. "sure you can", but pronounced like the Street Fighter 2 Ryu / Ken flying uppercut.

I didn't hear 'combo' though. Though Krillin's "Mission. Start." is Street Fighter 4's Guile starting phrase for a match. So I'm sure we're going get Krillin + Guile theme when he attacks
Perfect
Cell in the next episode.

You didn't catch "shoryuken "? That was a really nice fit. "sure you can", but pronounced like the Street Fighter 2 Ryu / Ken flying uppercut.

I didn't hear 'combo' though. Though Krillin's "Mission. Start." is Street Fighter 4's Guile starting phrase for a match. So I'm sure we're going get Krillin + Guile theme when he attacks
Perfect
Cell in the next episode.

I just want a good reference to 'why didn't you use your kienzan?!' when he finally decides to fucking use it!

Stuart444

I find it funny lol. Different strokes, etc.

Also @ the episode 50 breakdown. Funny how they fix a lot of shit that Toei didn't see/didn't bother to fix. (though without the breakdowns, I may not have noticed them at all haha)

So Super Android 13 is next. Figured it'd be soon. They also said the next DBZ Abridged will cover a lot so hopefully that means up to at least when Trunks fights Perfect Cell.

I was sort of hoping they would just ignore that one as a phase of Gero. It's a terrible movie. I wouldn't even know how they could make fun of it, that how boring it is.

Though on the bright side, it will start the "why am I here" cycle of movie-verse future Trunks. Maybe it will have inserts of Android 17, at least that would worth it. He was cool.

Different story:

I have been watching the original Dragonball and I just noticed that living in this world must be seriously depressing if you want to collect the dragonballs. I mean, six of them are fine, but then when you want the four-star ball, you run into this guy who is like, crazy space alien powerful, and he likes beating people up. Particularly the ones who want his stuff. Like his grampa. Or as regular folk would call it: that goddamn *censored* dragonball.

No wonder nobody else ever collects them, unless Dumbass isn't looking or he's dead (again). If he's there, everybody just gives up at six ( "you know, I guess I don't need to feed my family that much. They'll understand..." ). I mean, hardly has he left the planet for Namek, or mr. Popo manages to collect them easily. Goku being dead for seven years must have led to bitchin' "He's finally dead! We can wish our loved ones back now!" dragonball collection parties.

Seriously, he might even try to eat you.

Dr. Gero was secretly the world's greatest hero for creating superhumans capable of ridding the world of that bastard.

hearing Freeza in Baba's voice is fun though

Turin

Banned
I was sort of hoping they would just ignore that one as a phase of Gero. It's a terrible movie. I wouldn't even know how they could make fun of it, that how boring it is.

Though on the bright side, it will start the "why am I here" cycle of movie-verse future Trunks. Maybe it will have inserts of Android 17, at least that would worth it. He was cool.

Different story:

I have been watching the original Dragonball and I just noticed that living in this world must be seriously depressing if you want to collect the dragonballs. I mean, six of them are fine, but then when you want the four-star ball, you run into this guy who is like, crazy space alien powerful, and he likes beating people up. Particularly the ones who want his stuff. Like his grampa. Or as regular folk would call it: that goddamn *censored* dragonball.

No wonder nobody else ever collects them, unless Dumbass isn't looking or he's dead (again). If he's there, everybody just gives up at six ( "you know, I guess I don't need to feed my family that much. They'll understand..." ). I mean, hardly has he left the planet for Namek, or mr. Popo manages to collect them easily. Goku being dead for seven years must have led to bitchin' "He's finally dead! We can wish our loved ones back now!" dragonball collection parties.

Seriously, he might even try to eat you.

Dr. Gero was secretly the world's greatest hero for creating superhumans capable of ridding the world of that bastard.

hearing Freeza in Baba's voice is fun though

Lol. Well said. Goku's an asshole.

And I think some fun can be had with Super Android 13. Particularly some of the early scenes. I wonder if they'll even change anything about that last scene with Piccolo, Vegeta and the fish.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I find it funny lol. Different strokes, etc.

Also @ the episode 50 breakdown. Funny how they fix a lot of shit that Toei didn't see/didn't bother to fix. (though without the breakdowns, I may not have noticed them at all haha)

How soon is soon

Final Fantasy VII Episode 5

They are pumping these out fast!

Also, according to the front page, the next DBZ episode is in editing.

This series is not to my liking, unfortunately. It's a great idea, though. I'll give em that. Just, some of the characterizations they chose are kinda one-note and it grates more and more over time. Not saying it's bad or anything, just... not fond of some of the characters they chose to go with.

Goku: He keeps punching me in the dick! Why!? Why does he keep punching me in the dick!?

If a variant of that line isn't in, I will be sad.

Top Bottom