• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

BY2K

Membero Americo
TOEI actually started issuing copyright claims on TFS? Probably because of Super, but still, that sucks.

TOEI actually started issuing copyright claims on TFS? Probably because of Super, but still, that sucks.

Doesn't seem like it, since it was Toei who mentioned TFS as keeping DB "fresh", and they have given Goku a phone in Super, among other TFS references.

So maybe some schmuck in legal fucked up or some other (partial) claim caused it. Videos are already back from where I am.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I find it difficult to believe that any official channels issued the strikes. They've had years to do so and TFS has done nothing but positive things in terms of keeping the mindshare high on the DBZ franchise for them. They probably owe TFS a great deal in terms of keeping DVD/Blu-ray, merch, and video game sales up in the run up to Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I find it difficult to believe that any official channels issued the strikes. They've had years to do so and TFS has done nothing but positive things in terms of keeping the mindshare high on the DBZ franchise for them. They probably owe TFS a great deal in terms of keeping DVD/Blu-ray, merch, and video game sales up in the run up to Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F.

All it takes to throw a wrench in this is 1 person in the legal department who's not in the loop and stumbles across these DBZ videos on Youtube with millions of views.

totowhoa

Banned
Doesn't seem like it, since it was Toei who mentioned TFS as keeping DB "fresh", and they have given Goku a phone in Super, among other TFS references.

Oh, is there a Reddit thread out there or anything like that that's documenting TFS references? I've literally not noticed any, but it's likely I wouldn't. What's the phone reference?

I haven't been following the OT so maybe that's why I'm missing out on hearing about these.

orochi91

How long has it been since the last episode?

It's been ~3 months since episode 50.

This is getting ridiculous, and thankfully the fans agree: their patreon has fallen from ~12K down to ~9K.

All that money and they still never bothered to hire another fuckin' editor to help out Kaiserneko, lol

Grexeno

This is getting ridiculous, and thankfully the fans agree: their patreon has fallen from ~12K down to ~9K.
That was Patreon changing the amount displayed to the amount they actually get after Patreon takes its cut.

Neoxon

All that money and they still never bothered to hire another fuckin' editor to help out Kaiserneko, lol
They said from the beginning that the Patreon would have no impact on DBZA.

Neoxon

I imagine Kaiser is also working on Hellsing Ultimate at the exact same time.
This, too. No money from the Patreon goes towards DBZA or Hellsing Ultimate. Based on the TFS News videos, Kaiser seems pretty hell-bent on editing those himself.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Is it the editing process that takes so long? Writing and voicing it shouldn't take that long I imagine so...like someone said: just hire another editor. Heck, I'm sure they have lots of fans who'd gladly help out and be good at it.

Is it the editing process that takes so long? Writing and voicing it shouldn't take that long I imagine so...like someone said: just hire another editor. Heck, I'm sure they have lots of fans who'd gladly help out and be good at it.

For one guy? Yeah I imagine editing takes a long time. Splicing clips from other episodes when you need them, lip syncing, sound design, re-drawing frames.

Kaiser strikes me as someone who is very detail oriented and maybe he just doesn't want to find himself depending on someone else who may not have the same work ethic,

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

To be fair, we did get a movie in the interim. And KaiserNeko mentioned that the next episode was going to be pretty long. Luckily we'll probably be seeing a video here pretty soon. Their website says editing is at 99% for Episode 51.

Sandfox

To be fair, we did get a movie in the interim. And KaiserNeko mentioned that the next episode was going to be pretty long. Luckily we'll probably be seeing a video here pretty soon. Their website says editing is at 99% for Episode 51.

I'm pretty sure the next episode is supposed to be releasing on Christmas after their countdown is over, but I could be mistaken.

Neoxon

I'm pretty sure the next episode is supposed to be releasing on Christmas after their countdown is over, but I could be mistaken.
You're correct. After the best Dragon Ball movie is shown on TFS's website, it'll go up on said TFS website (& on YouTube a few days later).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I thought Taka did the editing for Hellsing. That's Kaiser too? Damn, he's a machine.
Though they did mention that Hellsing will be getting a another editor, hence why there will be two episodes starting next year. Completing the series by 2017 instead of 2019.
MasakoX does FFVII so that's a completely different matter, it's also written by Taka and Antfish (which explains why his Jojo Abridged hasn't updated in ages).

But yeah, the new episode should be out on Christmas.

Gaming channel is still great, I'm enjoying Legacy of Goku (I played that years ago, even back then I wasn't a fan, it was so short. I never realized how badly made it was).

Neoxon

I thought Taka did the editing for Hellsing. That's Kaiser too? Damn, he's a machine.
Though they did mention that Hellsing will be getting a another editor, hence why there will be two episodes starting next year. Completing the series by 2017 instead of 2019.
MasakoX does FFVII so that's a completely different matter, it's also written by Taka and Antfish (which explains why his Jojo Abridged hasn't updated in ages).

But yeah, the new episode should be out on Christmas.

Gaming channel is still great, I'm enjoying Legacy of Goku (I played that years ago, even back then I wasn't a fan, it was so short. I never realized how badly made it was).
If I recall...
  • Kaiser edits both Dragon Ball Z Abridged & Hellsing Ultimate
  • MasakoX edits FFVII:Macninabridged, while MasakoX, Takahata101, & Antfish all write it

Judging from KaiserNeko's foreshadowing to #2 seen in today's #3, it's probably The World's Strongest, seemingly his favorite DB movie. Meaning #1 has to be Battle of Gods.

I got zero problems with that.

Yeah, it's been a long wait but we got another movie and we are probably getting Hellsing along with ep 51 by the end of the month. The wait is just brutal because we all know how great it's about to get. Still can't wait for their Mr Satan.

Neoxon

Judging from KaiserNeko's foreshadowing to #2 seen in today's #3, it's probably The World's Strongest, seemingly his favorite DB movie. Meaning #1 has to be Battle of Gods.

I got zero problems with that.
My thoughts as well, & I have zero objections to the placements.

mrmickfran

Here's a complete list of their top 24 movies & specials:

24. Episode of Bardock
23. Plan to Eradicate the Sayians
22. Broly Second Coming
21. Bio Broly
20. Slepping Princess in Devil's Castle
19. Return of Cooler (F#CK THIS MOVIE)
18. Super Android 13
17. Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan
16. Curse of the Blood Rubies
15. Tree of Might
14. Lord Slug
13. Cooler's Revenge
12. Mystical Adventure
11. Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!
10. Path to Power
9. Wrath of the Dragon
8. Bojack Unbound
7. Resurrection of F
6. Fusion Reborn
5. Dead Zone
4. History of Trunks
3. Bardock: The Father of Goku
2. The World's Strongest
1. Battle of the Gods

kewlmyc

24. Episode of Bardock
22. Broly Second Coming
21. Bio Broly
18. Super Android 13
15. Tree of Might
14. Lord Slug
13. Cooler's Revenge
12. Mystical Adventure
10. Path to Power
9. Wrath of the Dragon
8. Bojack Unbound
7. Resurrection of F
6. Fusion Reborn
5. Dead Zone
4. History of Trunks
2. The World's Strongest
1. Battle of the Gods

I agree with that number 1.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good list. I'm glad the Broly movies ranked that low (he is overrated as hell). Battle of Gods is a good choice for #1.

Oh, KaiserNeko said in the World's Strongest video that if they reach 2 million subscribers, they will abridge it. Right now they're at 1,922,071, so it could happen soon.

Neoxon

24. Episode of Bardock
22. Broly Second Coming
21. Bio Broly
18. Super Android 13
15. Tree of Might
14. Lord Slug
13. Cooler's Revenge
12. Mystical Adventure
10. Path to Power
9. Wrath of the Dragon
8. Bojack Unbound
7. Resurrection of F
6. Fusion Reborn
5. Dead Zone
4. History of Trunks
2. The World's Strongest
1. Battle of the Gods
No objections from me.

Arrrammis

According to some people (random comments on Reddit and the Team Four Star website), both Episode 51 and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged are both dropping on Christmas (hence, why the meter for the completion of the next episode on their website has been at 99% for the past week). If this is the case, it will be a great Christmas.

Also, 'tis the season!

Stuart444

Haha, this is great. I've enjoyed all the episodes but this one is my favourite

God damn, that ending.

Anyone bothered by the prison rape joke at the beginning, this makes up for it with Cloud chewing out Tifa for it and all the other shit she put him through

I wasn't bothered by it but I didn't laugh either. This however makes up for it as I burst out laughing at that haha.

Savitar

According to some people (random comments on Reddit and the Team Four Star website), both Episode 51 and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged are both dropping on Christmas (hence, why the meter for the completion of the next episode on their website has been at 99% for the past week). If this is the case, it will be a great Christmas.

Also, 'tis the season!

If this is true then I shall be mighty pleased.

Mighty pleased.

Might.

Pleased.

Neoxon

If this is true then I shall be mighty pleased.

Mighty pleased.

Might.

Pleased.
I know for sure that we're getting DBZA Episode 51 tomorrow (it was confirmed at the start of DBcember). I'm not sure about Hellsing Ultimate Abridged 6 being out tomorrow, though.

mrmickfran

P is for priceless, the look upon your faces
E is for extinction, all your puny races
R for rrrevolution, which will be televised
F is for how f*cked you are, now allow me to reprise
E is for eccentric, just listen to my song
C is for completion and I've waited for so long
T is for the terror, upon you I'll bestow

My name is Perfect Cell, and I'd like to say, hello.

Neoxon

P is for priceless, the look upon your faces
E is for extinction, all your puny races
R for rrrevolution, which will be televised
F is for how f*cked you are, now allow me to reprise
E is for eccentric, just listen to my song
C is for completion and I've waited for so long
T is for the terror, upon you I'll bestow

My name is Perfect Cell, and I'd like to say, hello.
That song was amazing.

Top Bottom