• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Ponn

Banned
ChiChi bit with Vegeta sitting away mumbling was hilarious. ChiChi is truly the most powerful DBZ character. Vegeta was hilarious all around this episode with his quips all over the place.

Cracked up during the 16 mind probe thing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think Perfect Cell fucked his spine up with that last blow. Senzus healed him right up.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
"Roshi what the hell? He said one week, I am using it!"

Do any of you have a link to the Cell theme that was playing during his speech on tv? Really liked this version.

Was that Steve Blum in the Hetap commercial? His voice always stands out to me.

Also, Hetap has come up before, is that reference I should get?

I know Vegita's arm got fucked but when did he get his back broken?

cell-vs-vegeta.jpg

Cheerilee

I was going to say that it makes sense for one of the stone slabs to be green, because the undersides of the slabs appear to be dull green while the tops are white (you can even see in a side view of one of the assembly shots, it's not a shadow, the slabs are actually two-tone), so Cell accidentally put one in upside down... but then I saw that TFS edited a bright green slab into one of the flying slabs shots.

It works, but it's a little less clever.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Was anyone else expecting Bulma to deal with Krillin for destroying the remote and thus throwing away 20 hours of her life for nothing?

Also, gotta love Chi Chi here.

I think Bulma was too focused on her Manly Adult Son to rip Krillin a new one.

Easily their best episode in months... because it took so long, yes. No, I mean because it's actually all the way funny whereas previous episodes didn't have as much time to actually get funny.

I would like to say one thing though *ahem* : WEN BROLY

Because that's basically one or two, maybe three, episodes away now, considering there is only the 'prep time' and 'making a dragon' (ooh, 'wanna make a dragon' cover with Dende would be fun) before the actual Cell games. The setup for Satan is glorious though. End of season 2 had Nappa already bring up Hercule, and now it's happening.

Also, that mind probe being what 17 was talking about to Piccollo.

But really, I think this one episode actually shows just much the rest of the cast is needed, not just Goku and Veggie. Chaotzu getting that 'brutal!' line in, which is him being a sadist (see Dragon Ball) was so much fun.

I never knew Cell actually crushed heads in that dream as well as later on though. Silly Western editing. Or I just didn't remember. But it's another pointer for Toriyama's sense of "repeating things to a different effect", which is a sensible writing intuition. A lot of 'fans' in the Super thread disagree on this, but at least at this stage (Cell) that was still a thing.

Keasar

"It's fine, it's fine, it doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother me. It bothers me. It bothers me a lot.
AND THAT ONE'S STILL GREEN!"

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The noise Krillin makes at 12:09 is incredible.

Also, these past few episodes really highlight how staggeringly inconsistent the art quality was during the Cell saga. It's still kind of off-putting to me.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
That wasn't funny, that wasn't funny at all.

Last ~3 episodes seem to have had a drop in quality, hard to put my finger on it. I hope it gets better soon.

Arrrammis

After the release, TFS did a celebratory stream playing Budokai 3 to have a Cell Games moment, lots of great insider info on the episode. There were apparently also several jokes that they cut because of time or general flow of the episode. Also, Kaiserneko said that the hardest part of the episode to edit was the scene where Chichi talks to Vegeta on the balcony, because he had to use shots from several different episodes and cut out character outlines, splice them back in, and then edit them to look natural. It still surprises me how much work they do beyond writing and voiceovers to make this quality product.

Tizoc

Someone explain the green square thing for me please.
Nice episode although we could've gone without the cat joke,

That I get but what is the Green Square a reference to? Dead Pixels?

He took a mountain and carved it into stone squares and a portion in the stone mass happened to be green from being a different type of sediment, it was stained, whatever. The point is, rather than just replace the one green square blemish with another, white one Cell has to do the entire process all at once in a single, perfect flow.

It's a joke about Obsessive Compulsion Disorder and the obsessive need for everything to be perfect and done perfectly.

Because he's Perfect Cell.

Thus the humor.

Arrrammis

That I get but what is the Green Square a reference to? Dead Pixels?

I don't think it was really a reference to anything in particular. Some people that it was a minecraft reference, but on their stream Lani said that they hadn't thought of that, "But sure! It's a reference to whatever you want it to be!"

KingBroly

Banned
He took a mountain and carved it into stone squares and a portion in the stone mass happened to be green from being a different type of sediment, it was stained, whatever. The point is, rather than just replace the one green square blemish with another, white one Cell has to do the entire process all at once in a single, perfect flow.

It's a joke about Obsessive Compulsion Disorder and the obsessive need for everything to be perfect and done perfectly.

Because he's Perfect Cell.

Thus the humor.

Guess he's not-so-Perfect then. Whop wha

Okay episode, I guess. It feels like they're trying a bit too hard to make jokes right now, especially with 16.

Bulma's motherly obsession with Trunks seem to went up to 11 for some reason. It's a weird arc for her, considering where it started.

Neoxon

Guess he's not-so-Perfect then. Whop wha

Okay episode, I guess. It feels like they're trying a bit too hard to make jokes right now, especially with 16.

Bulma's motherly obsession with Trunks seem to went up to 11 for some reason. It's a weird arc for her, considering where it started.
She's likely trying to compensate for trying to get in his pants a while back.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Trunks internally screaming when Bulma was hitting on him is still one of the funniest moments in the serie.

Top Bottom