• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Props to KaiserNeko for the all the re-drawing for this one. This contained that infamous off-model "derpy Goku" episode.

Calling dibs on Big Green Threads if they come in black too. Not even kidding, I've been having this cape itch that needs scratching, badly.

Vegeta was grand in this episode, and the talk about past and future was neat. Dat symmetry. :'D
Also, WEN DENDE, oh right, next episode. Hope he still has the same voice. Dende was the best. White mage and Black M- ... mage, all up on the tower, yeah.

Playsage

The "Goku checks on Perfect Cell" scene cracked me up

I don't remember which excuse they used to not make Mr. Popo fight... Was it that he doesn't care at all?

Calling dibs on Big Green Threads if they come in black too. Not even kidding, I've been having this cape itch that needs scratching, badly.

Vegeta was grand in this episode, and the talk about past and future was neat. Dat symmetry. :'D
Also, WEN DENDE, oh right, next episode. Hope he still has the same voice. Dende was the best. White mage and Black M- ... mage, all up on the tower, yeah.

Dende and Popo's interaction is something I have been waiting for.
I think they are going to clash for about 10 seconds and then realize they both don't really care for all the people they have to put up with and will get along fine.

Veelk

Banned
No, it's just a joke about how Cell looks.

Shit sherlock (first name No).

The joke is that he's handsome enough to fuck, made funny because he's a genocidal monster that Goku is supposed to hate. That still means makes Goku's attacted to a male.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Well, I guess now we know how Goten was conceived.

Was there really any doubt? I thought it was pretty obvious that the period just before the Cell Games was the only time that made sense.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
G3ZcBTZ.gif

KingBroly

Banned
Episode just felt kinda there. It was good, but not great or anything. It feels like you can figure out how they're going to do each thing now before they do it.

Like Gohan
will probably go SS2 over the hatred 16 has for Goku and that affects him somehow

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Really liked this episode. Thought it was definitely funnier than the past 3 they've released, at least.

But what does Goku call Vegeta after he comes out of the HTC? Seeing saiyan?

Cheerilee

Really liked this episode. Thought it was definitely funnier than the past 3 they've released, at least.

But what does Goku call Vegeta after he comes out of the HTC? Seeing saiyan?

See 'n Saiyan.

There's a famous kids toy called a See 'n Say that teaches kids that the duck says "quack" while the cow says "moo" (etc.), and Goku is saying (with a Saiyan pun included) that Vegeta is as predictable as that toy.

The Vegeta says "blah blah blah my pride".

Tizoc

A few questions
1- Wasn't there a rule that the Room of Spirit and Time can only ever be used once in a person's lifetime?
2- How do the Japanese DB fans feel about Abridged?

KingBroly

Banned
A few questions
1- Wasn't there a rule that the Room of Spirit and Time can only ever be used once in a person's lifetime?
2- How do the Japanese DB fans feel about Abridged?

1 - Twice, before Piccolo destroyed it and Dende rebuilt it with new boundaries.

2 - Dunno

Metal B

Shit sherlock (first name No).

The joke is that he's handsome enough to fuck, made funny because he's a genocidal monster that Goku is supposed to hate. That still means makes Goku's attacted to a male.
I guess, the joke is, that he is "Perfect".

Great episode.

Checked a few days ago and saw it was 42%.

When I saw it was out during work today, I could not contain my excitement.

Mr Popo will always be my favourite character in this and once again he delivered.

I thought the whole Goku thinking Cell is handsome was basically Goku being attracted to himself.

Arrrammis

For all people mentioning the website progress bar, they haven't been updating the website in the past month or two because they are completely redesigning it, and are planning to release the new site in late October with the results of the TIBA contest.

dalin80

Banned
I just can't watch the actual show anymore, it's too different from the Abridged I now know and love. Yep, Abridged is now my head cannon.

KingBroly

Banned
I just can't watch the actual show anymore, it's too different from the Abridged I now know and love. Yep, Abridged is now my head cannon.

For me, it's the voices and how they re-used certain voices for GT. Vegeta's voice in Abridged just fits so much better, as his Funi-dub voice is just too raspy. That's really where Abridged excels at, IMO

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The new website launched. They also started posting the #TIBA results.

First is the "Fuck the Judges Award". The viewers choice winners.
How to be a Soul Hunter 101 (Soul Eater)
Yu Yu Hakushit (Yu Yu Hakusho) I'm surprised this was allowed since Lanipator used to do YYH Abridged.

Soul Eater one was okay. Nice production values at least.
The YYH one... pretty damn bad. Looking at the description, apparently it was produced by Cr1TiKaL and that's why it got a lot of viewer votes.

Top Bottom