• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA Noire is wack as fuck.

Would she remember you if she saw you at a starbucks?

She might, we talked with each other so much we ended up calling/texting each other. We eventually drifted apart though; then a few years later she started doing the youtube thing. I never attempted to reconnect with her or anything because I felt it would be creepy.

LA Noire > All GTAs after San Andreas

giphy.gif

Whats your take on Red Dead Redemption? Hog tieing mofos and dragging them on a train track was the best

Wanted Dead or Alive = Dead most of the time at first.

Then I learned that shooting his posse as they came after me with him on the back of my horse was more fun.

RDR was one of my Top games last gen. Way too many great moments and gameplay.
Now, was GTA5 better than that? I think so, but its an argument to have.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Whats your take on Red Dead Redemption? Hog tieing mofos and dragging them on a train track was the best

I was always disappointed that red dead never let you truly be evil. I wanted to be an full fledged outlaw.

Slayven

Being Mary Jane is hilariously terrible.

Gab still bad as shit, though.
I love watching the show because it is so terrible. It is like the female version of "The Butler". She has all the black female problems, all of them.

Boogie really digging his heels in in that gamer gate thread. Did not expect this from him.

It is a rightous cause, maybe you can find something worth fighting for. Like Jack Flag.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jack Flag was one of my favorite dudes when he got a second chance. Great guy, stupid hair.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was never really a fan of comicview. All the comedians were corny as hell. I used to watch the show for the ladies in the background trying to force themselves to laugh and look like they actually care at the same time.

nooooooo

Don DC Curry was so good

There were some rotten-ass acts sometimes though. But the really good ones...well we've all seen it, lots of people who went on to bigger and better things thanks to Comicview.

RP912

Banned
nooooooo

Don DC Curry was so good

There were some rotten-ass acts sometimes though. But the really good ones...well we've all seen it, lots of people who went on to bigger and better things thanks to Comicview.

There were a few which is true. DC Curry was awesome.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I was never really a fan of comicview. All the comedians were corny as hell. I used to watch the show for the ladies in the background trying to force themselves to laugh and look like they actually care at the same time.

Man wow I forgot I use to do that too lol. The jokes were bad but every episode had at least one gorgeous woman on it.

In fact comic view fell off completely once they went to the random joke by a random comedian format and stop cutting to the girls as much.

RP912

Banned
Man wow I forgot I use to do that too lol. The jokes were bad but every episode had at least one gorgeous woman on it.

In fact comic view fell off completely once they went to the random joke by a random comedian format and stop cutting to the girls as much.

Lol forreal. I think the funniest part about that was the fact some of the comedians were simping the hell out of the ladies. All giving them props instead of telling jokes :/.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol forreal. I think the funniest part about that was the fact some of the comedians were simping the hell out of the ladies. All giving them props instead of telling jokes :/.

regarding comics in general, I absolutely hate the whole "Wow you guys have some BEAUTIFUL women in City Name, goddamn!" It's the equivalent of a wrestler using a local team name to get people to cheer him.

RP912

Banned
regarding comics in general, I absolutely hate the whole "Wow you guys have some BEAUTIFUL women in City Name, goddamn!" It's the equivalent of a wrestler using a local team name to get people to cheer him.

xD I remember that. That shit was a good save when the comedians knew they were going to bomb that night. Reminds me of amateur night on Showtime at the Apollo where comedians that sucked would come out of nowhere and say, "aye man...we need to keep the peace in the streets and love one another" just to get that one clap from a cloud of boos.

Effective but it doesn't take away from the fact that you sucked :/.

Kreed

nooooooo

Don DC Curry was so good

Bruce Bruce, Lavell Crawford, Gary Owen, Michael Blackson... there were some really good acts on the show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LA Noire suffered because their interrogation stuff just wasn't right. Due to the branching conversation nature you could get worked up as FUCK and angry then all of a sudden be back to a pleasant tone. That and reading other peoples' faces fuckin' sucked.

Imm0rt4l

Red Dead Redemption is a damn good game. I think it dragged a little bit when you reach Mexico, but I find it hard to believe that La Noire is on the same level as that or GTAV.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

A good friend of mine is a comedian and from what he's told me most the time a room will be around 80% women if the show is during a weekday, so comedians usually have whole female orientated sets in their mind for jokes to get women laughing. The problem is your dealing with a bunch of guys whose concept of what makes a funny joke involving women isn't aimed at making women laugh. If anything its usually the opposite.

I went to one of his shows and there was like that a so/so funny female comic who had the ladies dying laughing because she was talking about snooping in her man's phone and how she prefers to date dumb men because she can control them better. None of the guy comics could say something like that realistically (my friends included) so they spent their sets trying to big up women because they knew they couldn't compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom