• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I won't be able to join you destiny brehs till Nov. Cause I want to play it on ps4. But y'all will probably stop playing by then like y'all did with GTA online.

Only 14 year olds played GTA Online after the first month when folks figured out they will never add heists.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Where's this blade dancer super at?

Saw it across a couple of streams and its just hilarious how raw it is. Speed boost + lunging one-hit melees that recharge your meter + on-demand AoE like the Titan's smash to finish.

iD5GzRGZ7I08j.gif
iD5GzRGZ7I08j.gif
iD5GzRGZ7I08j.gif

if you see someone coming at you with a blue haze on them, just kill yourself.

Only 14 year olds played GTA Online after the first month when folks figured out they will never add heists.

Literally all I wanted to do with that damn thing. Otherwise its just a bunch of assholes being assholes to and around eachother. I don't need GTA for that, I was in banking.

I kinda wanted to do stand up for awhile wouldn't know how to start though.

I actually did a stand up show one time. Kinda just jumped on stage during an open mic.

Some jokes were funny, some bombed. It helps to get a feel of the club and the crowd before you hop on. Try to get the audience to know you so that your jokes come from somewhere they can relate to, not just random one liners that can come from anyone.

I start off with a joke about how I'm an African - Arab mix, but I got screwed in that I'm short and I can't grow a beard. Helps the crowd get to know me, and sets up the tone for the rest of the act.

Fuck, will Midnight never get here? I have to work tomorrow but I'll probably get up a few hours early to get some more time in with Destiny.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Literally all I wanted to do with that damn thing. Otherwise its just a bunch of assholes being assholes to and around eachother. I don't need GTA for that, I was in banking.

Payday 2 is the GOAT heist game. Nothing else comes close for me...just make sure you have friends.

The #gamergate people should just drop it, seriously. Like, if I get it, it spun off from the Zoe Quinn stuff, and no matter how much they want to say "it's not misogynistic," it looks suspect as hell.

Slayven

The #gamergate people should just drop it, seriously. Like, if I get it, it spun off from the Zoe Quinn stuff, and no matter how much they want to say "it's not misogynistic," it looks suspect as hell.

Yeah they want transparency and ethics, but that seems to include folks reporting on who this woman may or may not have fucked. It's rotten to the core.

DominoKid

so if i'm reading this Hawks stuff right, they gotta get Danny Ferry up outta there.

dude read a scouting report on a live conference call about Luol Deng citing one of his negatives as that "he has a little African in him. not in a bad way but he's like a guy who would have a nice store out front but sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back."

so if i'm reading this Hawks stuff right, they gotta get Danny Ferry up outta there.

dude read a scouting report on a live conference call about Luol Deng citing one of his negatives as that "he has a little African in him. not in a bad way but he's like a guy who would have a nice store out front but sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back."

What the fuck?

"Not in a bad way", really? You just listed him having a little African in him as being a negative. Not to mention the rest of that quote.

Gorillaz

Immortal ill join u soon online if your still up for a bit
Nothing to report? No body got in a fight because someone spilled mountain dew on a shirt like this?

tumblr_m4epk2vYkF1qfaf9co1_250.jpg
Lol Nah mainly adults and people wanting to get it and get out ASAP. A family came by to get a Xbox one free game deal and made it there game.

One guy had a Assassin creed shirt.

Yea, this was my main reason for never getting into it.
Said I'd come back once they added heists.

And now I'm like
xJ3sq.png

DMczaf

Apparently Chris Rock made a great ass movie, and no one is talking about it here :(

http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/review-chris-rocks-top-five-is-simply-a-comedy-smash

TORONTO — If you were to look over Chris Rock's lengthy and impressive career you might think he peaked with HBO's "The Chris Rock Show." Or perhaps it was his string of Emmy-winning standup specials including 2008's "Kill the Messenger." Or perhaps it was as the producer and co-creator of the critically acclaimed TV series "Everybody Hates Chris." Well, happily, at the ripe young age of 49, Rock has hit a career high with his new film "Top Five," which debuted at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival Saturday night.

It goes without saying that Rock has no interest in having his film turn out to be just another successfully funny comedy. Instead, "Top Five" is also a movie about the pains of sobriety. It’s a movie about the current state of race relations. It’s a movie about honesty and forgiveness. It's another searing indictment of the world of celebrity. It’s even a movie about the lasting legacy of hip-hop. And it all combines to smash you silly and leave you breathlessly wanting more.

I'm going to wait until I see some more reviews. Chris Rock plus film usually equals shit outside of New Jack City & I'm Gonna Get You Sucka.

i unapologetically love lethal weapon 4 as well. him and joe pesci cut each other up nice.

edit: damn that movie sounds just like something i would easily enjoy. it's like chris rock's version of louie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom