• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Why don't you just ask him directly if you've got questions?

Personally I value my account on here too much to do something that foolish

I also don't think I have the avatar history for it

Slayven

I feel bad for the skinny jeans crowd.

Jnco175.jpg

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
and honestly I'm more interested in how the mods I do respect(If you're a mod who has participated in this thread, this is you) feel about how he acted there, more than I am further explanation from Evilore himself.

because even before all this I had my opinion of the guy and this hasn't changed it much.

but hey I understand completely if you don't want to be put in a compromising position by saying anything, just putting it out there that I'm interested in hearing your thoughts if you're willing to share.

I don't think a mod is petty enough to ban someone over a question.

Maybe. But I think it says alot that so many members truly fear it as a possibility even if it isn't true

cdyhybrid

Microsoft buying Mojang now? The salt will be immense if true.

Hey Mojang, go die on a cactus you worthless POS company.

Way to wait until the game was finally released on Vita before sellig out like this and stopping to support the platform. Scared that your years of failing to put out a new game might have just bit you in the ass huh? Fuck you if you think I'm paying for this now after you sat on your thumb for literally YEARS waiting to port a 360 game to other platforms. That's going to hold up, right?Fucking sub-PS2 assets upscaled onto the PS4? You're a bunch of clowns. I take it as a personal insult that you mouthbreathers are allowed to make decisions with regards to how franchises I used to really love are handled. Your asses got bailed out when Bethesda decided to settle out of court because their lawyers, like all of you, was a complete and utter mook. I make two better executives than your entire company combined in the toilet every morning before I go to work. I look forward to the day that MS crashes and burn your company into the fucking sea, only to make you make Kinect games for the rest of your days.

That's assuming you asshats don't run your company into the ground on your very own, which you probably will because you give fuck all about releasing new games, to say nothing about just how little regard you hold towards the fans who made you what you are.

As the owner of a PS4 and a Vita please go get eaten by a creeper.

Edit: Apparently he was trying to do a re-imagining of a previous rant :lol

Silky

Banned
I remember seeing that comment by Evilore. I dont know what his intentions were but at the same time the comment was idiotic to say regardless. Unless you know he really thinks objectification is okay.

Cant judge his thoughts and make it represenative of the entirety of GAF tho

But im in no position to contest anything on this site lol. Ive said silly shit before as well.

--

Other than a few other mods like the ones who frequent here, toonamigaf and fakegaf I cant really give an opinion on the others. So I just stay out of their way overall. Less hassle for me.

Maybe. But I think it says alot that so many members truly fear it as a possibility even if it isn't true

Man let's keep it 100, a petty ban is what's being discussed to begin with.

And whether y'all see it or want to admit it or not, it's not all that uncommon on this website. But lemme stop because illuminati is watching~

J10

Banned
and honestly I'm more interested in how the mods I do respect feel about how he acted there, more than I am further explanation from Evilore himself.

because even before all this I had my opinion of the guy and this hasn't changed it much.

but hey I understand completely if you don't want to be put in a compromising position by saying anything, just putting it out there that I'm interested in hearing your thoughts if you're willing to share.

There are many instances of people being banned for petty and silly bullshit. It happens. Sometimes it gets reversed. Not a big deal to me.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
There are many instances of people being banned for petty and silly bullshit. It happens. Sometimes it gets reversed. Not a big deal to me.

Well honestly it really bothers me

I mostly stay tucked away in my community corners on this site, so I don't really have any idea how often it happens on here.

But the one time I do remember interacting with Evilore directly was in a game OT. I was responding directly to his criticisms about the game or something and I remember getting PMs from 2 different members telling me to just let him think what he wants. They said they agreed with me but didn't want to see me get banned for just talking challenging his opinion on a video game.

That's just the craziest shit to me. I mean I've been apart of some communities with some really fucked up leadership, but I've never been warned like that by multiple members for just talking to a guy. That's his rep on his own site.

I mean if you guys are ok just ignoring the elephant in the room, I'm cool with that too. I'll just go back to my communities and keep playing games. but I mean if this is the topic and we're allowed to talk about it then I'd like to talk about it.

Kreed

I think anyone in this thread asking Evilore a question about this will be fine as long as they avoid using phrases like "mind speaking like an adult.". I mean seriously, I've had my disagreements on some things done on GAF (BlackAce being demodded, Mumei being demodded before he was remodded), but comeon, that's not what you say to the owner of the site.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think anyone in this thread asking Evilore a question about this will be fine as long as they avoid using phrases like "mind speaking like an adult.". I mean seriously, I've had my disagreements on some things done on GAF (BlackAce being demodded, Mumei being demodded before he was remodded), but comeon, that's not what you say to the owner of the site.

Yeah I'm not going to pretend like alot of the bannings on here aren't for inflammatory posts

but let's not ignore what got her to respond like that. I mean what are you supposed to say when someone responds to your serious explanation with "AHAHAHAHAHA"? How do you keep things civil in a discussion where the party in power has clearly demonstrated a lack of interest and respect for anything you have to say on the matter?

Why should any other poster expect any different when asking him about it directly?

Silky

Banned

That last sentence right there: what /is/ the right way to talk to the admin? Considering that thread where he laughed off dudes opinion and banned him immediately without even addressing his concerns just makes communication with mods seem nigh impossible if hes just able to brush off shit like that. Ban reason is immature too [I dont even like MLP but im not gonna hold that against someone.]

J10

Banned
If he's just gonna act like a punk with his finger on the button, what are any of us supposed to do about it? It's his site. No point in worrying or even questioning. Either you choose to tip toe around the mods or you don't.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Bish have you tried Raid Mode on RE: Revelations yet?
I just launched the disc into the cabinet with FEELING thanks to that bullshit sequence with the comms officer. Went and finished Wolfenstein instead. Now I'm on Destiny and nothing but, probably won't touch RE: R until Christmas.

I was that mad

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If he's just gonna act like a punk with his finger on the button, what are any of us supposed to do about it? It's his site. No point in worrying or even questioning. Either you choose to tip toe around the mods or you don't.

Probably the beginning and the end of it right here

Oh well

back to Guilty Gear

Malyse

I just launched the disc into the cabinet with FEELING thanks to that bullshit sequence with the comms officer. Went and finished Wolfenstein instead. Now I'm on Destiny and nothing but, probably won't touch RE: R until Christmas.

I was that mad

Am I the only one who reads his posts in Sam Jackson's voice?

Trey

That last sentence right there: what /is/ the right way to talk to the admin? Considering that thread where he laughed off dudes opinion and banned him immediately without even addressing his concerns just makes communication with mods seem nigh impossible if hes just able to brush off shit like that. Ban reason is immature too [I dont even like MLP but im not gonna hold that against someone.]

Civilly. Especially since so many already believe he bans people unfairly. Can't just obliterate your account under this context without raising an even bigger fuss.

His house his rules but you can't have people distrusting the staff. Or shouldn't, rather.

Kreed

Yeah I'm not going to pretend like alot of the bannings on here aren't for inflammatory posts

but let's not ignore what got her to respond like that. I mean what are you supposed to say when someone responds to your serious explanation with "AHAHAHAHAHA"? How do you keep things civil in a discussion where the party in power has clearly demonstrated a lack of interest and respect for anything you have to say on the matter?

Why should any other poster expect any different when asking him about it directly?

Tenumi could have kept responding the way he/she was before that last comment (maybe he/she could have asked why EviLore found the comment funny), or he/she could have let it ride after the laughter post and moved on to a different topic. Regardless, the insult should have been kept internal and off the keyboard. I'm sure plenty of us have had a "I am not the nigga" moment reading responses from posters, but you get banned for insulting other members on here (Satch got banned for saying "some of yall ain't shit"). You shouldn't expect less from insulting a moderator, regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the opinions.

G-Fex

I was that mad

That's where I stopped playing too.

I just can't.

Now I don't care about the RE Franchise at all really. It's dead to me :)

Story was stupid as hell anyway, that's saying something since RE4-5-6 all have horrible storylines.

Infinite

I remember being in that thread about that fighting game for the ios which featured what I believe was offensive gay stereotypes. I said my piece on the game and debated with a few other members about it even. A lot of people were using the "It's satire!" defense and I tried my hand at explaining why being ironically offensive is still offensive. Evilore quotes that post and questions my command over the English language in response. He didn't try to refute what I said. He only said that I should try to use words better and not in the way that I explained more point poorly but he essentially told me to stfu.

tbh since then I always just avoided arguing with mods on here and my posts on the gaming side of things has went down. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom