• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

Whose declaring the whole medium dead? I was just talking about how much I like Space Dandy the other day. I'm just saying I haven't found a more recent action show that really grabbed me the way series based on older stuff have.

Wasn't talking about you.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
can you really blame people for having a narrow view on it tho?

a lot of people think of checking out some anime blog/site/service and see shit that will ifuckingmmediately turn them off right on the front page

No problem at all with that. I mean like with anything there's so much out there it's hard to be aware of all, or even most of it. Especially if you're just not all that interested in it to begin with. It's the reason I don't know shit about movies outside of what's in theaters, or music outside of what's on the radio.

but that's why you won't catch me saying shit like "how come no one makes good movies like Die Hard and Lethal Weapon anymore" or "man what happened to hip hop??".

I just don't get the point of statements like that. I guess it's just an invitation to reminisce about the good ol days more than opening the floor for suggestions? idk

Man what happened to anime? Scenes that got you hype, like when ichigo busted out that Banki and started stunning on Bakuya? And when Neji fought taht spider dude, and that that extra ring showed up for that 128 combo? Dudes lost their minds.

Watch more sports shonen shows, I guess?

Why can't I just watch the Winter Soldier in peace?

My boy calls cause he just started dating a married chick that was just filing for divorce and told me her husband knows and wants to confront him. She can't leave the house because her husband sitting in front of her room. And it's her house. On top of that this chick on the roster is dealing with some crazy shit while the other is going through the same. But my long distance lady is asking me to come down, while the other from Bama has gone silent. I just wanted to enjoy my off day and eat a burrito and drink some Hawaiian Punch.

I'm not gonna lie, I missed the single life. This shit is just as I remembered.

I see you, like everyone else, have forgotten the iPhone 5C exists.

the 5C is an amazing example of "and make the old device the new budget device" except they didn't just make it the new budget device, they actively made it less expensive to produce by changing the external material from metal to plastic.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Sentai and KR have been alternating between being wack and godlike since Decade and Shinkenger. So next year should have Sentai return to form. Shame about Drive though.

dont jinx us. i cant deal with another damn wizard

I'm sorry that I bust asses in PvP

No I'm not

Me either since you & Moris were on my team.

I'm not sure I'll ever get heavy into the PvP side of things, but it got better once I had some gear.

The New Rifle/HC tho
GMxuz.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I can't believe that painting thread exists in the OT right now.
Me either since you & Moris were on my team.

I'm not sure I'll ever get heavy into the PvP side of things, but it got better once I had some gear.

The New Rifle/HC tho
GMxuz.png

Never going to Twilight Gap again if I can help it
GMxuz.png

ReiGun

I swore that one painting of dude leaning was a photo.

Smash 3DS demo is kinda lame-only 5 fighters available and only regular smash-but the fighting itself is good

Five feels about right for a fighter demo. Wish they would have thrown in some more newcomers though. Namely Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja.

Being able to do stock would have been appreciated too.

Five feels about right for a fighter demo. Wish they would have thrown in some more newcomers though. Namely Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja.

Being able to do stock would have been appreciated too.

Agreed on both counts. I plan on maining Greninja after trying him at PAX, so being able to use him especially would have been cool.

Mortemis

Banned
Man I really wish the beta characters carried over in Destiny. I have no motivation to go through these missions again, plus it takes longer to level too.

Still at lv 4, I'm done with this for today. I'll get back on tomorrow and see of I'll have the motivation for this.

Sankaku complex pls

I never heard of or been to this website before this post, wish I could still say that.

I need to stop looking up everything y'all post.

J10

Banned
Is there any dogfighting in Destiny (with the ships)? I remember fans found a reference to that in the Halo Reach code, suggesting Bungie worked on a multiplayer counterpart to the flying section of the campaign level Long Night of Solace, but it wasn't in the game for whatever reason. I assumed they were holding it back for Destiny.

Why can't I just watch the Winter Soldier in peace?

My boy calls cause he just started dating a married chick that was just filing for divorce and told me her husband knows and wants to confront him. She can't leave the house because her husband sitting in front of her room. And it's her house. On top of that this chick on the roster is dealing with some crazy shit while the other is going through the same. But my long distance lady is asking me to come down, while the other from Bama has gone silent. I just wanted to enjoy my off day and eat a burrito and drink some Hawaiian Punch.

I'm not gonna lie, I missed the single life. This shit is just as I remembered.

Turn the celly on silent, only answer for fam, if the homies asks you slept the day away

Look, the game isn't bad at all

but Layton vs. Wright pretty much confirms my gripe with these games length.

14 hours and I'm only half done with the game....maybe Investigations 2 was the tipping point but these cases need to wrap it the fuck up.

it looks like he did fart and was like "yeah I farted Hector do something and you Chinese, gave you a Mexican name, you don't get no respect til you earn it. heard you singing nigga, CLOCK OUT"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom