• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
How many people are playing Destiny on PS3?

Friend kinda sold me on it describing it as "PSO with guns....well...more guns"

If I can still get it for both 3 and 4 for the price of one I'll probably go ahead and do that this weekend

Infinite

How many people are playing Destiny on PS3?

Friend kinda sold me on it describing it as "PSO with guns....well...more guns"

If I can still get it for both 3 and 4 for the price of one I'll probably go ahead and do that this weekend

I MIGHT play it on Ps3 but that's a big might. I have a ps4 but I have to share it with the household while I have the Ps3 all to myself.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I just launched the disc into the cabinet with FEELING thanks to that bullshit sequence with the comms officer. Went and finished Wolfenstein instead. Now I'm on Destiny and nothing but, probably won't touch RE: R until Christmas.

I was that mad

*deceased*

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Part of me is thinking about getting the bundle off Amazon since Xrd comes out this winter....

The white looks nice and I'd have 6 months to pay it off

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I just launched the disc into the cabinet with FEELING thanks to that bullshit sequence with the comms officer. Went and finished Wolfenstein instead. Now I'm on Destiny and nothing but, probably won't touch RE: R until Christmas.

I was that mad

#DEAD

Infinite

labeling something as "clickbait" is the new hotness I see.

I was reading that thread this morning on that Verge article about Reddit and comparing it to a failed state. I was certain everyone who called it click bait did not read it nor the excerpt in the OP. I'm sure those cats had no clue what click bait even is.

Nothing will ever be more meaningless than "Oscar bait"

I always thought that was a stand in for pretentious and masturbatory.

Slayven

Nothing will ever be more meaningless than "Oscar bait"

"Oscar Bait" means I probably won't watch it. Unless it has Judi Dench, love me some Judi Dench.

I was reading that thread this morning on that Verge article about Reddit and comparing it to a failed state. I was certain everyone who called it click bait did not read it nor the excerpt in the OP. I'm sure those cats had no clue what click bait even is.

I always thought that was a stand in for pretentious and masturbatory.

Pretty much, it is a way to downvote shit, without a downvote system.

Infinite

Pink consoles for life.
Plus keeps yo shit from getting stole

I usually have pink handhelds and dudes always think I either stole it from somebody's child or I'm "borrowing" my little sisters. The look on their faces when I say I bought it with cash money from my own pockets in the color pink.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Taking a break. Level 20 really is the first plateau...

I'll be helping out people later on during the week. I'm spent lol. PvP is dope as hell with a legit team.

Slayven

Man what happened to anime? Scenes that got you hype, like when ichigo busted out that Banki and started stunning on Bakuya? And when Neji fought taht spider dude, and that that extra ring showed up for that 128 combo? Dudes lost their minds.

Infinite

Man what happened to anime? Scenes that got you hype, like when ichigo busted out that Banki and started stunning on Bakuya? And when Neji fought taht spider dude, and that that extra ring showed up for that 128 combo? Dudes lost their minds.

That's seems like the problem to begin with. People grew up tastes changed along with it etc.

cdyhybrid

Is it worth getting Destiny for 360 or should I should wait until I get a next-gen console? It probably wouldn't be for another 2 months at least.

Bought Destiny for the 360 with the money I got from that Gamestop microsoft point giveaway.

Probably get an Xbone sometime down the road.

ReiGun

The last anime that got me hype like that are Hunter X Hunter and Jojo's...both of which are pretty old. Hell, Jojo is dumbass old.

Brain candy anime just don't hit like it used to.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
pssh. hype is still hype. i don't know why writers can't see themselves as entertainers instead of philosophers.

There's still tons of stuff like that coming out though

I mean Redline came out only a few years ago and that's become my definitive example of entertainment that employs style as substance

idk it just seems like people have a real narrow view of what's out there and don't really make much of an effort to broaden their horizons before pessimistically declaring that there's nothing out there for them anymore.

Infinite

pssh. hype is still hype. i don't know why writers can't see themselves as entertainers instead of philosophers.

I'm saying I aint watching an anime anymore for the fightz that's done on a small television animation budget. Hype is hype but hype is shallow. There's also shit like that still out. Space Dandy Kill La Kill etc.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
She is what Meryl Streep, and Anne Hathaway want to be when they grow up.

lol

I know better than to get excited off of previews, but GI's article on The Evil Within makes it sound like the horror game I've been waiting on forever (read: since RE4). It and Alien Isolation drop next month. I need October to treat me right.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The last anime that got me hype like that are Hunter X Hunter and Jojo's...both of which are pretty old. Hell, Jojo is dumbass old.

Both of these series have both had the best anime adaptions they've ever had air this year lol

Jojo still going on

Check them out

Infinite

I'm not trying to shade y'all for liking shonen styled animes but like Retro said try and broaden your horizons before you declare a whole medium dead to you.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There's still tons of stuff like that coming out though

I mean Redline came out only a few years ago and that's become my definitive example of entertainment that employs style as substance

idk it just seems like people have a real narrow view of what's out there and don't really make much of an effort to broaden their horizons before pessimistically declaring that there's nothing out there for them anymore.
can you really blame people for having a narrow view on it tho?

a lot of people think of checking out some anime blog/site/service and see shit that will ifuckingmmediately turn them off right on the front page

ReiGun

Both of these series have both had the best anime adaptions they've ever had air this year lol

Jojo still going on

Check them out
I was talking about the current series. When I called them old, I mean they're based on manga that have been around a while. Should have clarified.

I'm not trying to shade y'all for liking shonen styled animes but like Retro said try and broaden your horizons before you declare a whole medium dead to you.

Whose declaring the whole medium dead? I was just talking about how much I like Space Dandy the other day. I'm just saying I haven't found a more recent action show that really grabbed me the way series based on older stuff have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom