• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Pokemon trainer was dope. I liked Bulbasaur.

Wanna talk deadly characters? Pikachu, Peach, Ike and Meta Knight. Luigi too because of the chop LOL
I'm still salty about how they nerfed Peach to shit in Brawl. Hardly any moves kill, no godly down smash, and the worst Final Smash in the game. :/

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I'm still salty about how they nerfed Peach to shit in Brawl. Hardly any moves kill, no godly down smash, and the worst Final Smash in the game. :/

Yeah they did screw her up (she was scarier on Melee), but her frying pan is an instant killer for me. Poor Olimar and Kirby are tiny so, they go flying so easily from that.

Destiny is like a 7 or 8 out of 10. Not sure if it'll be my GOTY but the schedule so far isn't stacked or nothing.

-no friends, no fun

-MP needs to be fleshed out more.

G-Fex

Thanks. :D

I don't think I asked this before but with the previous Smash games, did any of you have mains (most of my friends played with anyone haha)

I mained Kirby, Olimar, King Dedede and Wolf. My friends hate King Dedede to this day because of me hahaha

I did try to main Mr. Game & Watch in Brawl then I heard that Brawl was the wrong game and Melee is where it's at (and watching tournament streams they're right).

cyborg009

Banned
I just finished Danganronpa and it was pretty much the best thing I played all year. Now I have to go get the second.

Destiny is like a 7 or 8 out of 10. Not sure if it'll be my GOTY but the schedule so far isn't stacked or nothing.

-no friends, no fun

-MP needs to be fleshed out more.

Pretty much, I made friends as I played tho.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
In Melee, I used Peach, Marth, and Sheik. In Brawl, I used those first two plus Sonic, Ike, Wolf, Lucario, Pikachu, Lucas, Mr. Game and Watch, Ganondorf, Toon Link and Pokemon Trainer (really just Squirtle). Brawl never felt quite right to me, so I used a ton of characters to keep it fun.

my mains in melee were fox, cap and roy. i have dead sea levels of salt in my veins when it comes to roy now.

ive added diddy to my squad as of brawl, but i didnt play brawl too much.

KumaJG

Thanks. :D

I don't think I asked this before but with the previous Smash games, did any of you have mains (most of my friends played with anyone haha)

I mained Kirby, Olimar, King Dedede and Wolf. My friends hate King Dedede to this day because of me hahaha

Kirby, Ness, Yoshi, Fox and DK

Infinite

Oh god, this is just lol

tumblr_n76ilrFVyc1r1w1ggo1_500.jpg

Mortemis

Banned
Lmao at the struggle man.

But this is too real. Except it isn't grandma, its ya own family, at least for a few years. Used to watch this and Arthur. We had kids wb after noons with shows like Pokemon and DBZ on broadcast but it ended too quick.

I remember when we finally got cable, I was pumped because I got to watch the real toonami instead of the leftovers kids wb toonami, all without having to go over to a friends house.
ohfVhUD.png
Shit felt like a miracle.

Infinite

But this is too real. Except it isn't grandma, its ya own family, at least for a few years. Used to watch this and Arthur. We had kids wb after noons with shows like Pokemon and DBZ on broadcast but it ended too quick.

I remember when we finally got cable, I was pumped because I got to watch the real toonami instead of the leftovers kids wb toonami, all without having to go over to a friends house.
ohfVhUD.png

That was my life breh except Arthur was gdlk.

ReiGun

ohfVhUD.png

I had to go over my grandma's house to get cable. It was home that didn't have it until I was about 8 or 9. Shit felt like making it to the promise land.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
moris

breh

iD5GzRGZ7I08j.gif

edit: i didn't forget you guys. we were just waist deep in getting smashed up by that weekly strike.

If you going to start whooping your kids, there has to be a minimum age.

But as the child gets older whipping them becomes less and less justified than it already is. Because as they get older they're able to understand the effects of their action if parents simply...talked to them.

Really if your kid is like 10 and you're whipping them...you are pretty much a failure of a parent IMO.

ReiGun

I can't call people "failures of parents" when I have no idea whats its like
True. At the same token, if your kid is 15 and they don't respect you enough that your only course of action is to give them beatings like that's doing something - anything - productive as far as raising them, that's a pretty damning mark on your record. You sitting there wailing on the kid with all your might and (s)he is just standing there, thinking about how dope it's going to be when they move out and never speak to your ass again.

Also not with this new thing of publicly humiliating your kid. Turn your kid into a laughingstock on facebook and call it good parenting, brehs.

i was at my homie crib and he down bad like his stove broke so he was heatin up soup by the spoonful on some real shit my mans was freebasing chicken noodle that shit left me visibly shook

That struggle is real.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm not even going to comment in the spanking thread because as someone who was whooped as a child, I already have my own biases. Real talk, I'm not sure I even want to say how I feel in here.

ohfVhUD.png

Shit I remember we had one those tv with the gear like nobs to change the frequency. One day we hit some channel that played Power Rangers and VR Troopers. Me and my brother was in hog heaven

DominoKid

did any of yall ever have the TV cable filters to get the premium cable channels?

these things
LRG-47690-NFA.jpg

i didn't even know Cinemax was something you actually had to pay for until i was like 14. had one for Disney Channel too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom