• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that white folk don't beat their kids is one of those myths I can't believe people buy into. Anyone with a basic understanding of history, or hell, anyone who takes the time to just talk to some white people will understand real quick that isn't true.

Thats crazy talk. White people engage in more wholesome punishments like starving the children.

That'll learn em!

KumaJG

Today a lovely day. League of Legends World championship. Listened to a podcast with RGIII. Football coming on tonight. But the highlight of today is Toriko. Shit got a brother on cloud 9 , doing cartwheels , while curing cancer. I hype for next week already.

Slayven

What was that japanese game they showed at E3? It was set in the desert in some big ass city that was crumbling after some priest dudes were chanting.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Oh, that same bull shit used to blame black people for the passage of prop 8?

People always want to bring out the stats and shit when something is a "black thing".

I'll not overlook the study, but every white person (scratch that...every person) I've befriended (from south to Northeast) caught the L at some point. Nobody ever takes the discussion further than what got them got, due to trying to 1up the next person in the, "who got it worse olympics."lol. It's in my opinion that, calling it a black thing is bullshit, due to personal experience(so no scientific merit). I'll not knock anyone else's experiences though.

That does say something, heh. If people have such shit memories, but could remember shit that might often seem torturous, then certain people should reflect on the issues that that type of punishment may cause, instead of being so quick to use it all of the time.

I'm disappointed in you has absolutely zero effect on plenty of kids

Yep.

Sidebar to what you're saying, that's one thing that slays me about both sides. Nobody wants to acknowledge that there are a variety of reasons behind why certain techniques don't apply to every child. I know personally, after getting spanked, I couldn't give ten fucks(let alone one) about my folks being disappointed.

Look man. You can look on the internet about this Adrian Peterson situation and see that white people have no problem with beating their kids.

Sidebar to what you're saying, that's one thing that slays me about both sides. Nobody wants to acknowledge that there are a variety of reasons behind why certain techniques don't apply to every child. I know personally, after getting spanked, I couldn't give ten fucks(let alone one) about my folks being disappointed.

No, ONE side refuses to acknowledge that. No one that is for spanking advocates it every time, or that it should be q major beating, or that is should be completely in place of talking. Only that for some kids it is one of the few things that works

Look man. You can look on the internet about this Adrian Peterson situation and see that white people have no problem with beating their kids.

Haha, I grew up in MD and didn't realize white people ever hit their kids (in a discipline/spanking sort of way) till I left for college

Malyse

This is madness. I'm already pissed square just keeps taking dumps on the vita but to not get it and then to try to charge full price for a up port? This company.

You pretending this won't sell? TBH what else JRPG wise is even on current gen?

Malyse

Thats it, I thought it was something real.

NeoGAF_logo.png

Malyse

Saying a story won't be ass by saying it will be like a classic ass story is not a sound argument.

😑

I'm saying it ain't rolling in ya ride offing beasties. Plus we saw plenty of city stuff in other trailers, so I sincerely doubt road trip us the whole of the game. I don't prejudge stories.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
😑

I'm saying it ain't rolling in ya ride offing beasties. Plus we saw plenty of city stuff in other trailers, so I sincerely doubt road trip us the whole of the game. I don't prejudge stories.

Seems like it's just the beginning honestly

Oldschoolgamer

Rev 2 needs an extended look or something. The six minute video looks cool. Kinda neat that there is an actual stealth mechanic (?), instead of just relying on wall cover.

Anyone else think that FF game's story will be complete ass? Rolling around in a Rolls royce phantom killing mammoths?

Sounds incredible to me, tbh.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I still think FF15's art direction is incredibly aesthetically appealing

I'm not into pretty j-rock boys typically(fuck Sasuke) but I like how clean the style is. I like how it takes place in a modern setting and adds all these fantastical elements that we usually don't see in AAA games. I like at least the promise of open world and I like that it's real time action combat.

Game just looks good. This and Metal Gear just looking like some next level shit to me more than anything else out right now

I'm not into pretty j-rock boys typically(fuck Sasuke) but I like how clean the style is. I like how it takes place in a modern setting and adds all these fantastical elements that we usually don't see in AAA games. I like at least the promise of open world and I like that it's real time action combat.

Game just looks good. This and Metal Gear just looking like some next level shit to me more than anything else out right now

I pretty much love the art style and direction of everything but the main characters. They all just look so ridiculously goofy I can't take them serious. It's like the Zoolander scene where he's cruising around with his model friends, except not as a joke

SmokyDave

Anyone else think that FF game's story will be complete ass? Rolling around in a Rolls royce phantom killing mammoths?
Fuck, for a moment there you nearly got me excited about a JRPG. Then I remembered it was a fucking JRPG and fired up Cadillacs and Dinosaurs instead. Close enough.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm kind of iffy on FFXV's combat from what I've seen, but that's not really something I can actually judge without some more UI elements on the screen. The main cast bores the shit out of me already, though.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think the characters fit the modern setting

I personally like how most everyone is dressed in somewhat normal casual and formal wear, rather than the typical crazy fantasy outfits in the games that they never change

I have a family sized pork ribs I'm cooking for the big day on Saturday. I need to figure out what kinda marinade I'm making. I want to have them sitting in the marinade for at least 30+ hours. Any suggestions family?

You shouldn't marinate any meat for that long. Or rather meat that isn't a single solid cut. 12 - 14 should do it. As for what to use, just get yourself some Stubbs at the grocers. Should hook you right on up.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
The idea that white folk don't beat their kids is one of those myths I can't believe people buy into. Anyone with a basic understanding of history, or hell, anyone who takes the time to just talk to some white people will understand real quick that isn't true.

I've said this before... my dad tried to run me over with a car and when that didn't work, he went after me with a machete. I don't know why he stopped.

He also choked me out a few times. I triangled him once when he was doing that. I didn't even know what a triangle was, I just kinda did it. He never tried that again.

I still can't be around him or anyone else without getting nauseous when they remove their belt. That "swish" a belt makes along with the jingle of the buckle puts me into a headspace that turns me into a 5 year old boy again. Anything else you did if you came after me, you'd be in for the fight of your life, but that one act makes me want to drop into a fetal position.

I've always just felt that it was common knowledge and generally accepted that spanking isn't just more tolerated - but more accepted and generally encouraged in certain groups.
I'm wondering if it isn't more socioeconomic than cultural. I realize there's a cultural aspect to class, but I'm thinking along the lines of not having any exposure to a better way.

On the other hand, I couldn't give ten fucks about being beaten. That's probably why my beatings would get so bad. Grounding didn't bother me. Speeches didn't bother me. I took beatings like a tank and it just encouraged him to hit harder and harder. I would be bleeding and I would literally dare him to go further and call him a coward. The only thing that ever made me comply if I didn't want to comply was economic control. Take me away from my money, my games, and my TV, and I would mind, but I would still find a way around eventually.

rugioh

Banned
Today a lovely day. League of Legends World championship. Listened to a podcast with RGIII. Football coming on tonight. But the highlight of today is Toriko. Shit got a brother on cloud 9 , doing cartwheels , while curing cancer. I hype for next week already.

got a link for that RG3 podcast?

Oldschoolgamer

I think the characters fit the setting

Same. These dudes look like they're balling out of control. They're out there fighting monsters in red bottoms and $5,000 European jackets. They probably smoke gold blunts and drink expensive champagne like water. Which other character rolls into battle in a drop top Phantom and doesn't give a fuck about it getting scratched?

They might be the goat jrpg characters if the story isn't ass.

edit:
On the other hand, I couldn't give ten fucks about being beaten. That's probably why my beatings would get so bad. Grounding didn't bother me. Speeches didn't bother me. I took beatings like a tank and it just encouraged him to hit harder and harder. I would be bleeding and I would literally dare him to go further and call him a coward. The only thing that ever made me comply if I didn't want to comply was economic control. Take me away from my money, my games, and my TV, and I would mind, but I would still find a way around eventually.

Don't get me wrong, I got to a point where I didn't give a fuck about beatings too. lol. It's just that I didn't really care about that time out shit since I was punished so much. None of that shit got me. Word, no video games? Cool. I'll play when I'm outside. No outside? I'll read. Etc...

Nail on head for me. Still not sure on gameplay though, reminds me of Kingdom Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom