• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaJG

Kangroo Tran

0CdKsC4.png

Damn.

Apparently 106 and Park got shut down for a week because the host made a joke about Blue Ivy.

106 and Park is still on the air?

The writers of that joke will never be heard from again. They will be made to suffer in a dank, dark pit with no light, barely kept alive on the livestock of Nas' L catalog Jay owns.

Slayven

You in a thread about dogging ethnic hair while you're dogging an ethnic name.

I dogging the fact don't anyone know her name except that it starts with a K.

But if you want to pull my card, go ahead, but don't think just because I play the fool that I am one.

Trey

But if you want to pull my card go ahead, but don't think just because I play the fool that I am one.

You aren't a fool or I wouldn't have engaged you at all.

I just think it's petty to be side eyeing people for that kind of joke while making a similar one to another target.

I also think that shutting down the show for a week is a disproportionate reaction to the corny joke that caused all this, so there's that.

Slayven

You aren't a fool or I wouldn't have engaged you at all.

I just think it's petty to be side eyeing people for that kind of joke while making a similar one to another target.

I also think that shutting down the show for a week is a disproportionate reaction to the corny joke that caused all this, so there's that.

I am sorry, what part of my joke was aimed at a 2 year old.?

Trey

I am sorry, what part of my joke was aimed at a 2 year old.?

The hair and name in each instance are both ethnic identifiers that people who are unfamiliar with the culture will probably make fun of.

I don't personally think you butchering her name is a problem, because Kabutops is legitimately funny; just that to be in a thread condescending to people for not getting why joking about black hair is kinda messed up, also joking about that woman's name isn't a good look.

royalan

Is this a typo for Moesha

Slay wut

Mo to the E to the...

Up in the morning
A new day is starting
It's me, it's me
Am I realizing my responsibility?
It's me

My best friends always on my mind
You wanna be down for mine
I gotta do, what I gotta do