• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

I'm not about to sit here and let y'all slander Kishi like this. He brought us Tsunade the ninja who is the leader of the Leaf village. Sakura played a major role in winning the war.

My only gripe with Kishi is the cloud village useless portrayal. The cloud village seems like a mix of cultures yet all the ninja are useless for the most part. We'll ignore MC 8 Tails.

---

Never take testosterone pills before work and chase them with red bull. My libido shot up 1000 percent and I was thankful I'm a grown adult that can control himself.

ReiGun

Finding out that the "heart of the cards" is really just Yami Yugi's power to stack the deck was some hilarious shit.

Fullbring are hollow powers.
See I never got that from the explanation in the story. Or maybe I just read it wrong.

I'm not about to sit here and let y'all slander Kishi like this. He brought us Tsunade the ninja who is the leader of the Leaf village. Sakura played a major role in winning the war.

My only gripe with Kishi is the cloud village useless portrayal. The cloud village seems like a mix of cultures yet all the ninja are useless for the most part. We'll ignore MC 8 Tails.

---

Never take testosterone pills before work and chase them with red bull. My libido shot up 1000 percent and I was thankful I'm a grown adult that can control himself.

But Tsunade is a terrible leader. Shizune tells her constantly not to send Naruto out to fight the Akatsuki on account of them being the very people trying to kill him, and she's all "Naruto is the coolest. He can handle this. :3"

Then Naruto barely escapes with his life in every Akatsuki encounter but one.

Slayven

Yeah, I'd put Killua over Ichigo. Unless you just count Gon as HxH's protag, and even he is pretty smart.

Ichigo is definitely smarter than Naruto and Luffy, though.

I don't Kubo even knows anymore. He was supposed to be this hollow type guys way back, but then the Fullbring stuff happened and I'm not even sure anymore.

And Orihime was suppose to be some new shit, but he forgot about that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Heart of the cards
that he manipulates.

What I love most about it that show is outrageously lopsized bets that HE proposes

"I will wager the very souls of all of my friends in this room and all of my God cards - all you have to do is put 4 dollars on the line (i need dat bojangles).... /smirk"

zero_suit

What I love most about it that show is outrageously lopsized bets that HE proposes

"I will wager the very souls of all of my friends in this room and all of my God cards - all you have to do is put 4 dollars on the line (i need dat bojangles).... /smirk"

Wouldn't you troll if winning was inevitable?

Mortemis

Banned
Finding out that the "heart of the cards" is really just Yami Yugi's power to stack the deck was some hilarious shit.

This shit still has me shook to this day.

Like I was rooting for ya ass against the cheating fuck Pegasus, how you gonna be a cheat too.

ReiGun

His friends would be on the sideline like "
imykymLz5sFBb.png
My nigga, what does this have to do with us?"

Joey was the biggest bullshit to me, though. His deck was nothing but luck and yet he always got the right roll.

"I play Skull Dice." *gets a 1*
"Ha. That lowers raises my monster's atk point by 100, which isn't..."
"I also play Graceful Dice! :3" *gets a 6, monster gets 600 atk points, wins*
"...This game is bullshit."

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
And Orihime was suppose to be some new shit, but he forgot about that.

she has sentient powers, but lets never bring that shit up again

quality writing

imykymLz5sFBb.png

Joey was the biggest bullshit to me, though. His deck was nothing but luck and yet he always got the right roll.

joey is the luckiest motherfucker in shounen. by all means he should be the krillin of the team, but he pulls victories out against dudes who are better than him constantly

See I never got that from the explanation in the story. Or maybe I just read it wrong.

Yeah they got their powers because their parents were attacked by Hollows and it manifested into an item that's close to their heart.

This shit still has me shook to this day.

Like I was rooting for ya ass against the cheating fuck Pegasus, how you gonna be a cheat too.

Even with Pegasus even though this dude could see your cards he doesn't know how you'll play him...I think Yugi actually almost beat Pegasus the first time but time ran out.

Yeah, I'd put Killua over Ichigo. Unless you just count Gon as HxH's protag, and even he is pretty smart.

Zoro > Ichigo > Killua

Killua can't physically dominate over anyone even though he has lighting speed. And if he tries to go assassinate, Ichigo will probably just flash step with his speed until Killua runs out of electrcity. Remember, Flash step is a basic move, for Killua, it's one of his top moves. Not a good look.

And Zoro da Gawd hasn't even gone 100% because no one has even given him a workout. Not even
One of Don's Vice Captains Pika.

yugi cheats

He has plot for days on top of destiny draws which is blatantly scripted, but that last match between him and Yami Yugi was bad ass.

Sasuke had to put her AND Kakashi in their place in the beginning of the final fight when they were just about to go against Madara. I feel sorry for her because she had to be trained under Tsunade which she didn't provide much. She's probably gonna be the best Healer in the history of Konoha, but it hasn't amount to much on the war field. All the people she kept alive was eventually saved by Naruto Christ and then became fruits to the Chakra Tree. Naruto Christ was a better healer than Sakura. He did things that Sakura couldn't... like keep Gai-Sensei alive and restore Kakashi's eye back like a pro.

harSon

Banned
Can someone in college with a .edu email do me a favor? Can you take advantage of this promotion, and get me the coupon? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/global/...5ea48acab160e16060a36a9&id=pcmcat276200050000

We're looking to purchase my uncle a tablet who was recently transferred into hospice care, and he's bored out of his mind since the cable is broken, and the DVD is hogged by the guy in the next bed who watches stuff exclusively in Vietnamese.

Edit: Nevermind, we're just going to get him the non-Retina version.

DominoKid

imykymLz5sFBb.png

yugi was giving him them residual blessings off-screen. not gonna lie though i enjoyed joey's luck based strategy.

kaiba should've been the main character though. my dude got a long way w/ nothing but money, schemes and just being an asshole in general.

Village

yugi cheats

No son, let me tell you the story of yugi

Aiight.

Edit: Short edit, because I'm silly.

Yugi proves at the end of the series, he could have just beaten everyone and now has 3 cards now can defeat, with the fame atem has brought him.

So now he can just use the accolades atem got for him, no one but his friends know that that was ghost dueling for him. He don't need tea anymore, he could just walk outside its the godamn all star game. He can just pay his homeboy's joey and tristan to be body guards because can wreck everyone shit apparently. Even trained body guards.

Pegesus isn't going to stop him, yugi making him money. Kaiba can't stop him, he not only wouldn't know how to duel that yugi, he wouldn't be able to defeat him anyway.

Yugi Chillin on a boat right now filled with money he aint even have to work for

Yugi at this moment:
Y8zYPMY.gif

Slayven

Yugi had one good time to involve me in some bullshit. Risking my soul a blimp somewhere. That other dude in his crew didn't even get no glory but he was always carrying folks around.

Mortemis

Banned
joey is the luckiest motherfucker in shounen. by all means he should be the krillin of the team, but he pulls victories out against dudes who are better than him constantly

Joey's always been that dude that shoulda been benched when shit got real and yet he'd always get the win.

Even with Pegasus even though this dude could see your cards he doesn't know how you'll play him...I think Yugi actually almost beat Pegasus the first time but time ran out.

Kaiba's the only guy that really had Yugi on lock. Use his pity for you against him by tryna kill yourself, ain't no heart of the cards gonna give you the win for that.

Zoro > Ichigo > Killua

Killua can't physically dominate over anyone even though he has lighting speed. And if he tries to go assassinate, Ichigo will probably just flash step with his speed until Killua runs out of electrcity. Remember, Flash step is a basic move, for Killua, it's one of his top moves. Not a good look.

And Zoro da Gawd hasn't even gone 100% because no one has even given him a workout. Not even
One of Don's Vice Captains Pika.

They were talking about who's the smartest, which I agree with. Killua was doing crazy ass analyses and scenarios when tryna fight.

But yeah Zoro is something else. Dude hasn't even broken a sweat yet.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yo we getting dangerously close to gamefaqs territory with these what if scenarios

ReiGun

Dude went from barely knowing how to play to being on an even level with Yugi by the end of Duelist Kingdom. Nevermind nearly beating Kaiba and Marik in Battle City. All because of luck.

The real question is why were Tea and Tristan such garbage at the game. You hang with two dudes who get top four consistently but you barely know the rules. The fuck?

yugi was giving him them residual blessings off-screen. not gonna lie though i enjoyed joey's luck based strategy.

kaiba should've been the main character though. my dude got a long way w/ nothing but money, schemes and just being an asshole in general.

Kaiba was a bigger Vegeta than Vegeta. Could only beat scrubs but had the biggest ego.

That said, he did have a jet shaped like a dragon. So he clearly knew how to enjoy life.

Slayven

Dude went from barely knowing how to play to being on an even level with Yugi by the end of Duelist Kingdom. Nevermind nearly beating Kaiba and Marik in Battle City. All because of luck.

The real question is why were Tea and Tristan such garbage at the game. You hang with two dudes who get top four consistently but you barely know the rules. The fuck?
And joey got Mai.

I am glad they fixed that in followup yugiohs, the main dude's friends all at least had a respectable deck.

Kaiba's the only guy that really had Yugi on lock. Use his pity for you against him by tryna kill yourself, ain't no heart of the cards gonna give you the win for that.

Idk man if someone tried to bluff suicide while playing 2K so he can save his kid bro from from the developer I'd let him win to.

Yugi was by himself was legit the entire time though. Dude bodies the protags from the next series he's so good.

^I was talking about the Big 3. Ed was smart because he had to be imo. The guy is extremely driven and a practical genius in his field but dude was hella naive and could've made some better decisions. But we had the Colonel for that.

Mortemis

Banned
I can't even remember much of Tristan, but he was the saddest dude the game. His two best friends were basically gods and he was in the back as a cheerleader.

Idk man if someone tried to bluff suicide while playing 2K so he can save his kid bro from from the developer I'd let him win to.

Yugi was by himself was legit the entire time though. Dude bodies the protags from the next series he's so good.

I always thought Kaiba was cool for that, but shit this dude put his life on the line for a fucking card game. That huge ass L. But yeah that shit was for his kid bro, dude was desperate, wouldve let him win too.

DY_nasty

FMA is most certainly a shounen series. Published in a monthly shounen mqgazine and everything

eh

i guess

the limited asspulls should keep it away from the big 3 and other shows like it tho imo

DominoKid

Tristan was a weedcarrier. He had an aight gig for the most part.

^I was talking about the Big 3. Ed was smart because he had to be imo. The guy is extremely driven and a practical genius in his field but dude was hella naive and could've made some better decisions. But we had the Colonel for that.

the pharaoh was willing to catch a body to get that W on Kaiba though. until Tea had to intervene.

ReiGun

Soul Eater is another shounen with a pretty smart protag. I'd put Maka or Kid over Ichigo as far as intellect goes.

I just remembered duke and his dumbass dice game.
They really tried to push that shit too. Had a video game and everything. Shit stayed on shelves for months.

I can't even remember much of Tristan, but he was the saddest dude the game. His two best friends were basically gods and he was in the back as a cheerleader.
Tea was better at the game. Hell, Joey's sister got a win before him.

I always thought Kaiba was cool for that, but shit this dude put his life on the line for a fucking card game. That huge ass L. But yeah that shit was for his kid bro, dude was desperate, wouldve let him win too.

Then he lost, which made it a bigger L. Well, kind of. Pegasus was bullshit. Not only could he see your cards, but Toon World was broken as fuck.

Not that that stopped Yugi da gawd from busting out some bullshit.

Trey

I just finished rewatching the first half of Death Note.

It's mostly bad. I won't be watching the second half, for obvious reasons.

Kaiba couldn't bluff his way through that Pegasus ass whopping.

I just realized The Eye could read minds too.

how the fuck did Kaiba beat Marik's sister?

They were talking about who's the smartest, which I agree with. Killua was doing crazy ass analyses and scenarios when tryna fight.

But yeah Zoro is something else. Dude hasn't even broken a sweat yet.

Oh true, Killua is smart and one of the smartest in all of Shonen in terms of battle strats. And he's only 12-13? It's not fair. If he lives a long life, should be one of the greatest hunters of all time. Dude freaking learned how to channel electricity from a tazer and 7 days. That's Sasuke level of genius right there.

Village

Soul Eater is another shounen with a pretty smart protag. I'd put Maka or Kid over Ichigo as far as intellect goes.

They really tried to push that shit too. Had a video game and everything. Shit stayed on shelves for months.

Not a fan of maka, I found like the other two of the main three to be more interesting, death the kid in particular, who's whole stick probably could have been 3 separate manga's by themselves

I forgot that shit had a video game, my friend in middle school had that shit.

eh

i guess

the limited asspulls should keep it away from the big 3 and other shows like it tho imo

It has a bad tsundere that it pushes as the main love interest so there is that.

Mortemis

Banned
Tristan was a weedcarrier. He had an aight gig for the most part.

the pharaoh was willing to catch a body to get that W on Kaiba though. until Tea had to intervene.

The pharoah was cold blooded right there.

I just finished rewatching the first half of Death Note.

It's mostly bad. I won't be watching the second half, for obvious reasons.

I don't wanna rewatch DN for the same reason I won't rewatch Code Geass.

It had some grade A fuckery and that shit was entertaining as hell. Can't see myself enjoying it when I know what's about to happen. Take surprise fuckery away and both aint shit.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
eh

i guess

The ending of the series was the biggest asspull of all. Way too clean of an ending for the series imo

Not to mention stuff like Pride, and Envy's development towards the end.

It's definitely a shounen series lol

DY_nasty

code geass reinvented fukkery

"oh you think its a game? be zoolander, ya bish"
The ending of the series was the biggest asspull of all. Way too clean of an ending for the series imo

Not to mention stuff like Pride, and Envy's development towards the end.

It's definitely a shounen series lol

compared to naruto's asspulls?

bruh

bruh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom