• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna pass on Destiny. Might keep up with the canon, though.

I'm in the same boat. I'll probably spoil the plot for myself and get the soundtrack. Knowing Bungie the plot is probably something to the effect of "the Traveler space orb isn't a benevolent - it's actually a sphere of pure space magic evil! The traveler's arcane energy helper bot sentinel things were actually trying to seal the orb away in the Earth's core, but thanks to their duty to preserve lesser species (despite murdering a shitton of them) they couldn't fulfill their task once space humanity settled underneath it. The Vex (time-traveling robots) are fighting you to avoid compromising the integrity of the entire timeline in an attempt to scare you off before the Traveler corrupts the entire galaxy! Oh, and all traveler-fueled magitek gets corrupted at some point in the campaign, including Dinklagebot."

Why you don't stan your boy in all your usernames?

I've got that account also, but I forgot the password after my ps3 died.. and just rode abetter through the vita and on to the ps4. After I remembered the password for byakuya, I had already signed up for PS+ on Abetter. I like that name better anyway, because it probably pisses off people I'm better than, and gets players better than me in their feelings.

can't fuck with numbers in usernames though. i understand if it's required so you can keep the name you intended but it makes it...less special.

unless the numbers mean something.

can't fuck with numbers in usernames though. i understand if it's required so you can keep the name you intended but it makes it...less special.

unless the numbers mean something.

Dont mind numbers it's the XxOlineNamexX that I can't stand. Usually people that have names like that are terrible people and players lol.

So. Do you think black people have a responsibility to educate people about all the bullshit? Was I out of line here?

Not necessarily, no. But I've never found the "look it up yourself" to be effective. If you're actively vying for education, sometimes you have to educate.

Just staring at this PS4 pending friend request I sent Satch way back...wondering what I did.

For real, I only know some of who my PS friends are cause people aren't consistent with their names. I'm Kursk on PSN.

jWILL253

Banned
The biggest thing I've learned from the iCloud leaks is that no kind of storage is safe out here.

Niggas had faith in iCloud, Dropbox, Drive & all that. But niggas is getting hard drives, cloud storages, Twitter & Facebook accounts hacked and shit. It wouldn't surprise me if niggas is hacking cloud storage or creating backdoor viruses just to leak some dude's record.

It's real out here. Imma just go back to hoping I accidentally run across Megan Goode's... uh... goods.
iX3BFNxgp3IPF.jpg

My gf is watching The Craft on netflix and pulled the wiki page on it

Sarah Bailey, (Robin Tunney), a troubled teenager with a grim past, moves to San Francisco from Los Angeles with her father and stepmother. At her new school, St. Benedict’s Academy, she makes friends with a group of outcasts rumored to be witches by their peers; Nancy (Fairuza Balk), Bonnie (Neve Campbell), and Rochelle (Rachel True). Each of the girls are also troubled in their own ways—Nancy lives poor in a trailer park with her mother and abusive stepfather, Bonnie has low self-esteem from burn scars that cover her body from an unknown accident, and Rochelle, being the only African-American at her school, is targeted by racist bully Laura Lizzie (Christine Taylor).

Unrelated note, that cast is 90s as fuck.

Awesome recommendation list by the way. Went through all these (knew kozilek and perturbator already) and still found a lot of gems. Thanks for posting it.

Not a bother. :) Sharing music is one of my favourite things.

I'm gonna be on the Destiny PS4 train when it hits, preordered it on PSN for the preload even though I had a GameStop preorder already. >.< It was worth it, though, because people spent that whole day downloading and I was able to get online with only half an hour of login->fail->login eejitry. Same name as here.

Trey

Jhene Aiko's album is AOTY.

Ambien of the year. She's boring. I liked Sailing Souls better.

Decent as a feature when all you need is for her to repeat the same five words with a different cadence each time, but I tire of it quickly when it's just her carrying a track.

Dy's kids have the song of the summer with "No Flex Zone". But no one with a future should be hanging with mike epps.

20130513-162407.jpg

morpheus.png

What if I told you...???

Ambien of the year. She's boring. I liked Sailing Souls better.

Decent as a feature when all you need is for her to repeat the same five words with a different cadence each time, but I tire of it quickly when it's just her carrying a track.

Bruh, everyone needs that one album in their rotation. Sometimes you just wanna mellow out. This is that album. And I'd listen to her 9 times out of 10 over The Weeknd and their sub-genre is more or less the same.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I still need to hear Jhene's new shit. I only saw that low budget video (Gambino plz). The song was dope tho.

What are yallz AOTY thus far? I'm still riding with ST. Vincent's.

RP912

Banned
1. Eric Roberson- The Box
2. Ab Soul- These Dayz
3. Isiah Rashad- Civia

Honorable mention which will be number one because: El-P/Killer Mike- Run Them Jewelz 2

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Perturbator - Dangerous Days

Transistor OST

aaaand... I got nothing else.

deli2000

Sun Kil Moon - Benji
Swans - To Be Kind
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Pinata
Shabazz Palaces - Lese Majesty
Ratking - So It Goes
Spoon - They Want My Soul