• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be too. Should just be drinking and driving. He would have been on the field by game three.

Checked my inbox this morning to find this message

EhpqTPS.jpg

I went from:

200_s.gif

to

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

I forgot to attend my draft day because I was building the bed frame up that I got shipped to my apartment. I realized I was 30 mins late. So I made like the last 5 picks.

iirc, I have Andrew Luck, Jordy Nelson, Andre Johnson, Matt Forte, and Andre Ellington as my studs. I have Kyle Rudolph with Norv Turner as the offensive cord. Then it's Justin Hunter WR3 of Titans and Bernard Pierce RB2 of Ravens.

Not inclined to trade, but maybe I could get a package if I need them.

Infinite

Oh we listing good albums that came out in 2014?

Kero Kero Bonito - Intro Bonito
FKA Twigs - LP1
SZA - Z
Death Grips - Niggas on the Moon
Baby Metal - Baby Metal
St. Vincent - St. Vincent
Especia - gusto

Oh we listing good albums that came out in 2014?

Kero Kero Bonito - Intro Bonito
FKA Twigs - LP1
SZA - Z

Death Grips - Niggas on the Moon
Baby Metal - Baby Metal
St. Vincent - St. Vincent
Especia - gusto

In my rotation and the Zankyou no Terror OST as well.

Looking forward to:
Lupe Fiasco - Testuo & Youth
The Game - Blood Money La Familia
Flying Lotus - You're Dead
Tinashe - Aquarius
Eminem - SHADYXV
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter V

Wynnebeck

Banned
As someone who is going to be working that midnight that Destiny comes out, my hype for the game has been substantially diminished. I'll just wait for the game to drop in price before I jump in. Also, I got called AstroLad by Bishop in Gaming lol.

Mortemis

Banned
What mic are you guys using for ps4? I'm looking for something good and cheap, I hear the one that comes with the ps4 is shit?

Anyways ps4 destiny brehs feel free to add me: mortemisiv. I'll go adding people that already posted a little later.

kyored

What mic are you guys using for ps4? I'm looking for something good and cheap, I hear the one that comes with the ps4 is shit?

Anyways ps4 destiny brehs feel free to add me: mortemisiv. I'll go adding people that already posted a little later.

item_XL_5024418_1682882.jpg

As you can imagine the thread is full of Natural's law. Cause gamer shit it totally on the level of ethnic struggle.

The negative stereotypes associated with gamer and how "gamers" are treated is TOTES like negative stereotypes associated with black people and how they're treated in America.

TOTES

Is this a petition telling gamers to stop the hate or developers to stop the hate? I am confused.

Yea, I don't understand the end game there.

I won't dismiss this 'movement' as a sensitive over reaction, but it's definitely a misplacement of concern. Don't cry about the stereotyping cause that isn't how you change the perception of being an entitled, misogynistic, sheltered, no-nothing neckbeard. You change it by allowing an open and honest conversation on these topics, you tell people to shut the fuck up who are misogynistic, homophobic, racist etc.

This is just a tantrum that isn't even directed at the enemy, but I guess it's hard to aim your criticisms at those who also self identify as gamers cause then you're acknowledging the real problem and that makes them uncomfortable.

I cannot count on my hands the number of times I've had this said to me, "So you're a gamer? I'm sorry, we don't employ bigots."

But laugh on.

Slayven

The negative stereotypes associated with gamer and how "gamers" are treated is TOTES like negative stereotypes associated with black people and how they're treated in America.

TOTES
Your totes kill me, i feel like if you said that in a real conversation you instantly win.

I won't dismiss this 'movement' as a sensitive over reaction, but it's definitely a misplacement of concern. Don't cry about the stereotyping cause that isn't how you change the perception of being an entitled, misogynistic, sheltered, no-nothing neckbeard. You change it by allowing an open and honest conversation on these topics, you tell people to shut the fuck up who are misogynistic, homophobic, racist etc.

This is just a tantrum that isn't even directed at the enemy, but I guess it's hard to aim your criticisms at those who also self identify as gamers cause then you're acknowledging the real problem and that makes them uncomfortable.
But Moris I sale drugs in the community.

Mortemis

Banned

Exactly, they just feel uncomfortable that their self-association with being a "gamer" is being attacked, so even if they are not personally attacked they feel like they're the ones everyone is talking about. They'd rather "stop the hate" and go back to the problem not being talked about then having to address the problem themselves.

I cannot count on my hands the number of times I've had this said to me, "So you're a gamer? I'm sorry, we don't employ bigots."

But laugh on.

I cry every single time I don't get a call back from an employer because I put gamer in my resume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom