• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

N° 2048

*sister

Chin up Kat. To cheer you up maybe I'll actually turn on Splatoon tonight and you can see how terrible I am.

My bad

Thumbs-Up-Asian-Approves-MRW.gif

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks everyone. They didn't say why, I just got the generic email this morning saying that the position was filled. I had felt that I'd done well in the interviews and the hiring manager mentioned that she liked my skills/experience. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Come on Kave, you know you want to play. If there are enough people we can form a squad. :D

Edit: checked my email again, got an email from the recruiter and they went with an internal applicant.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
D'awww :(

I believe there are job fairs this week? Why not go to them?

I'll see what I can do for this week. My uncle came home from the hospital a few days ago and I've been dealing with various medical people, tube feedings, making pureed food, medication and I was at the ER today for 8 hours. It's been a bit hectic.

Thanks everyone. They didn't say why, I just got the generic email this morning saying that the position was filled. I had felt that I'd done well in the interviews and the hiring manager mentioned that she liked my skills/experience. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Come on Kave, you know you want to play. If there are enough people we can form a squad. :D

Edit: checked my email again, got an email from the recruiter and they went with an internal applicant.
17Fxe6m.gif

we'll get em next time, what field are trying to get a job in anyway? I must have missed it.

I really should hang out on here more often. It's just hard to remember to come here.

Sigh. Didn't get that job. :'(

Well, keeping on looking.

Chin up, you'll find something. Friend of mine who just graduated told me he got a job in the field we're both studying for. Happy for him, but man, I can't believe I have to do another semester of university just to complete 1 course (they cancelled it during the summer). :\

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I really should hang out on here more often. It's just hard to remember to come here.

Chin up, you'll find something. Friend of mine who just graduated told me he got a job in the field we're both studying for. Happy for him, but man, I can't believe I have to do another semester of university just to complete 1 course (they cancelled it during the summer). :
Come to the meet up. Also know as "Fuck Brit GAF" :D

dluu13

Chin up, you'll find something. Friend of mine who just graduated told me he got a job in the field we're both studying for. Happy for him, but man, I can't believe I have to do another semester of university just to complete 1 course (they cancelled it during the summer). :\

Now that you've posted, it'll pop up in your subscribed threads!

greetings friends

surely somewhere in our great city is selling MGS V early, right?

right???

tumblr_nny9f2ijvg1ush4aphw.png

The thirst is real

I don't even think Amazon will deliver on day one, but I'm also ready to shell out $70 for a digital PS4 copy either way if they won't deliver.

This is the ONLY franchise I would ever consider doing this for

Hey guys,

Moving to Toronto for school this fall and I have an apartment in Scarborough (around Vic Park).

Any idea on the best internet providers? Or any general advice aha.

dluu13

Hey guys,

Moving to Toronto for school this fall and I have an apartment in Scarborough (around Vic Park).

Any idea on the best internet providers? Or any general advice aha.

I use Teksavvy. There are probably some special deals for back-to-school. I've had some Bell sales people stick a card into my apartment door for special deals and a specific phone number to call.

I've also heard of other companies like Distributel, but I remember reading that their service is unreliable. I think it heavily depends on what area you are in so you should do your own research. As far as I know, Teksavvy only offers up to 15/1 DSL in my building. Luckily, I don't need more than that.

I use Teksavvy. There are probably some special deals for back-to-school. I've had some Bell sales people stick a card into my apartment door for special deals and a specific phone number to call.

I've also heard of other companies like Distributel, but I remember reading that their service is unreliable. I think it heavily depends on what area you are in so you should do your own research. As far as I know, Teksavvy only offers up to 15/1 DSL in my building. Luckily, I don't need more than that.

Thanks, Teksavvy looks pretty decent. We only need internet.

dluu13

Thanks, Teksavvy looks pretty decent. We only need internet.

If you don't have phone and you're getting DSL, then you'll need to have something called a dry loop which costs $5 extra per month. Anyway, details are on the site. I think they usually have some kind of coupon code somewhere on their site. I saved 50% on my installation.

Quadratic

Victoria Park and Lawrence isn't too bad. I went to high school in that area. I really hope you're going to U of T Scarborough/Seneca/Centenial or the commute downtown will wear on you especially in the winter. The ride to the closest subway is 30 mins. There is the RT but it's the opposite way and a longer route.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Victoria Park and Lawrence isn't too bad. I went to high school in that area. I really hope you're going to U of T Scarborough/Seneca/Centenial or the commute downtown will wear on you especially in the winter. The ride to the closest subway is 30 mins. There is the RT but it's the opposite way and a longer route.

Senator O'Connor? Victoria Park? Wexford? I went to high school in the area too.

VP and Lawrence isn't a bad area. I'm pretty familiar with it. Victoria Terrece isn't great as far as "malls" go but you have a No Frills right there. There's also three different Metros and another No Frills about 10 minutes away by bus. Oh, and a McEwan's but that is very pricey. Shopping wise you have Shops at Don Mills (has some pricey stores), Parkway Mall (which I haven't been to in years) and Eglinton Square, all about 10-15 minutes by bus. In between Pharmacy and Eglinton and Warden and Eglinton you have a bunch of stores: a massive Walmart, Canadian Tire, Old Navy, Best Buy, Home Outfitters, Eb Games and more that I'm forgetting.

jl4855

Senator O'Connor? Victoria Park? Wexford? I went to high school in the area too.

VP and Lawrence isn't a bad area. I'm pretty familiar with it. Victoria Terrece isn't great as far as "malls" go but you have a No Frills right there. There's also three different Metros and another No Frills about 10 minutes away by bus. Oh, and a McEwan's but that is very pricey. Shopping wise you have Shops at Don Mills (has some pricey stores), Parkway Mall (which I haven't been to in years) and Eglinton Square, all about 10-15 minutes by bus. In between Pharmacy and Eglinton and Warden and Eglinton you have a bunch of stores: a massive Walmart, Canadian Tire, Old Navy, Best Buy, Home Outfitters, Eb Games and more that I'm forgetting.

congee queen at don mills / lawrence.

south-west corner of vp/lawrence has a solid shwarma place (where the old steak queen used to be). victoria park hub down at eglinton if you want to get connected.

Unfortunately it's Downtown :|

Not looking forward to the commute at all.

Blackhead

Redarse

Don Mills also has an IMAX cinema (and an Apple Store) iirc

p.s sucks about missing out on the job. Keep up the struggle

Quadratic

Unfortunately it's Downtown :|

Not looking forward to the commute at all.

Make the best of it! I hope you have a 3ds/vita or podcast backlog to keep you company.

I would test some routes using TTC trip planner to figure out your best route and have a backup one. You'll understand why we bitch about the TTC so much in the coming months.

Shadowkat: I went to Wexford for arts. I was out of area and traveled to go there. I had dreams about being a designer a long time ago. I was even accepted into OCAD but declined.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Don Mills also has an IMAX cinema (and an Apple Store) iirc

p.s sucks about missing out on the job. Keep up the struggle

Yeah, it's a VIP theatre if you're talking about Shops at Don Mills. No Apple store, closest one is probably at Fairview.

Thanks about the job.

Quadratic: I went to O'Connor. Our swim team used to use your pool.

Make the best of it! I hope you have a 3ds/vita or podcast backlog to keep you company.

I would test some routes using TTC trip planner to figure out your best route and have a backup one. You'll understand why we bitch about the TTC so much in the coming months.

Shadowkat: I went to Wexford for arts. I was out of area and traveled to go there. I had dreams about being a designer a long time ago. I was even accepted into OCAD but declined.

My schooling is 9-4 Monday-Thursday with some volunteering on Saturday, so I'm not sure whether to get a part-time job with all the commuting I'll be doing.

I have a job at a Cineplex that I might work once or twice a week. Idk.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Since when do you not need to take your shoes off going through airport security?

Also Cloud 10 ads, Cloud 10 ads everywhere.
Since when you don't have to go to the goddamn states.

In Coasta Rica right now. No goddamn taking shoes off in the airport. Bunch of bullshit security theatre in my opinion.

Nice 34 here right now and sunny.

Yeah, I got sunburnt... :/

Top Bottom