• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

whitehawk

Banned
What's the best place in Toronto to get a phone repaired? My Nexus 4 screen is broken. I'm getting a new phone soon anyway but I'd like to get it fixed and have it as a backup device.

Not nice to hear :(

My Dad has been living there for the past 4 months or so and hasn't had any problems or noticed anything, though.
It's not overly dangerous or anything, just that west of 404 you're looking at a whole bunch of affluent neighborhoods and east of 404 there's nothing that comes close.

Russell Martin is the worst. I've never actually hated someone as much as I do him. He is a fat, slow, over-paid piece of crap. Please trade this sack of shit for something...anything. But goodluck getting rid of that LOL contract. Navarro is also a fat piece of crap too.

May seem like I just hate fat people, but these two and their faces just get on my nerves. And they suck so bad. Don't deserve to be on this team.

Roto13

Russell Martin is the worst. I've never actually hated someone as much as I do him. He is a fat, slow, over-paid piece of crap. Please trade this sack of shit for something...anything. But goodluck getting rid of that LOL contract. Navarro is also a fat piece of crap too.

May seem like I just hate fat people, but these two and their faces just get on my nerves. And they suck so bad. Don't deserve to be on this team.

Know who else was fat?

Babe Ruth.

*folds arms*

*nods*

What's the best place in Toronto to get a phone repaired? My Nexus 4 screen is broken. I'm getting a new phone soon anyway but I'd like to get it fixed and have it as a backup device.
My Nexus 4 screen fell 1cm off the ground (literally it fell from my hand one cm of the ground) and cracked. Once the screen cracks, the digitizer is fucked. Most other phones will work perfect with a cracked screen, but not the Nexus 4. Half of my screen where it is cracked does not register touches. It is the smallest of hairline cracks.

In most cases it is just the digitizer that needs replacing. The part itself for the Nexus 4 is $10 online. It is a tough fix by yourself, though. I ended up selling mine broken for $70 on kijiji. Maybe order the part online and see if some place can fix it for just labor? I think it is a good $50-$60 fox for that screen most places.

Know who else was fat?

Babe Ruth.

*folds arms*

*nods*
I like fat people. There are a lot of jolly hard working fat athletes out there. It is the lazy, underachieving, overpaid, grumpy fat people that are the worst.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

giphy.gif

Heh, took an Uber today from High Park, and encountered a vocally hostile cab driver. That's a first for me, though I'm not terribly surprised.

Is that you Steve Simmons?

N° 2048

Pretty much, yeah. I had a good laugh about it.

How did they know? Are Uber cars marked?

I get worried because my girlfriend's passenger seat belt is broken so no one sits there and when I sit in the back I look like I'm in an Uber. (this is why I ask if they are marked somehow.)

I don't care though, unlike a lot of passive aggressive Torontonians, I wouldn't hesitate to knock out a taxi cab driver no problem should he touch the car, my girlfriend or I.

Hearing about these harassment stories makes me mad.

I get worried because my girlfriend's passenger seat belt is broken so no one sits there and when I sit in the back I look like I'm in an Uber. (this is why I ask if they are marked somehow.)

I don't care though, unlike a lot of passive aggressive Torontonians, I wouldn't hesitate to knock out a taxi cab driver no problem should he touch the car, my girlfriend or I.

Hearing about these harassment stories makes me mad.

The Uber driver arrived on the other side of the road, so I waved him over and it just so happened to be in a gas station parking lot near the Keele subway station. There were a few cabs around, and as my girlfriend and I got in the back (as there were two of us), the cab driver pulled up in front of the Uber. He loudly asked if it was an Uber, and then blabbered on about no insurance, we're on our own, etc. I waved the cabbie away before we left.

N° 2048

The Uber driver arrived on the other side of the road, so I waved him over and it just so happened to be in a gas station parking lot near the Keele subway station. There were a few cabs around, and as my girlfriend and I got in the back (as there were two of us), the cab driver pulled up in front of the Uber. He loudly asked if it was an Uber, and then blabbered on about no insurance, we're on our own, etc. I waved the cabbie away before we left.

Geez, I hope the city cleans this up ASAP but I don't know at this rate.

Heh, took an Uber today from High Park, and encountered a vocally hostile cab driver. That's a first for me, though I'm not terribly surprised.

Shit I hope these kinds of occurrences aren't common place.

I take Uber at least once a week usually with a friend or two splitting to go places so I'm worried this'll happen. Me and my friends already came to an agreement that if we get basically held up and stopped by cab drivers we should be the ones telling the cabbies to fuck off and making them move.

A lot of Uber drivers I've been with have their phone attached to a stand on the dashboard or something. They have the app thing plus GPS on or whatever. But then again I'm pretty sure a lot of normal non-Uber drivers do this as well.

isny

napkin dispenser
So no meetup planned for Fan Expo? Is this where I step in and choose a restaurant that's out of business for us to meet up at? lol

Who all is planning on going and which days?

Quick

Banned
So no meetup planned for Fan Expo? Is this where I step in and choose a restaurant that's out of business for us to meet up at? lol

Who all is planning on going and which days?

I'm there for three days starting Friday. But I'm not sure I can really make any meetups after though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Alright, need some more advice :S

So I'm thinking about Teksavvy, but their modem is 120$. I'm going for the DSL 10mbps plan, should I look into buying my own modem?

No idea what to look for.
I haven't checked in a while, but at the time, they sold the best modem available for the DSL "Fibe" reselling service. They were forced to resell/rent out the Bell modems previously.

Also, I don't know if they changed this, but you save money if you order online via their website or through DSLReports. I wish I knew this at the time, but it's like 30 dollars or something if you order through phone.

Y'all see that fat tub of lard Martin hit that jack today?

So fat.
Did he really? So he has hit homeruns in back to back games since I called him fat lol. Good! Proove me wrong, fatty! Now I know he is reading this.

I am done with Teksaavy as of a while ago. I think now with the Rogers Ignite plans there is no reason to be with Teksaavy. On retention plan with the 100mb plan/unlimited and we pay $55 a month or maybe $60. With better tech support and not having to wait on the phone for 14 hours to get a hold of someone, only to be given the good old reach around (or is it run around?) on how they have no responsibility for anything and it is all rogers fault - nothing they can do about it.

This coupled with the high cost of entry. Just not worth it if you can haggle a deal with Rogers as a new customer or existing on retentions. I used to be teksaavy's biggest defender but no more. They have failed miserably at being able to manage their growth I think.

I missed the Jays game today because I rode my bike along the trail from James Gardens all the way to High Park and back. It is a really beautiful trail and a lot of people along it enjoying the summer. I was out there a good 7 hours today.

We have a lot of nice trails in the city.

N° 2048

What does one do with a broken laptop? Keeping the hard drive. Is there anywhere I can donate it to? Or should I put it out so someone can sell it for crack?

jl4855

I am done with Teksaavy as of a while ago. I think now with the Rogers Ignite plans there is no reason to be with Teksaavy. On retention plan with the 100mb plan/unlimited and we pay $55 a month or maybe $60. With better tech support and not having to wait on the phone for 14 hours to get a hold of someone, only to be given the good old reach around (or is it run around?) on how they have no responsibility for anything and it is all rogers fault - nothing they can do about it.

This coupled with the high cost of entry. Just not worth it if you can haggle a deal with Rogers as a new customer or existing on retentions. I used to be teksaavy's biggest defender but no more. They have failed miserably at being able to manage their growth I think.

im under $35 after tax with tek for 400gb on a grandfathered plan, rogers can suck it.

Willectro

Banned

This exactly. However, Rogers' retention prices are a huge game to get the best rate. Lots of either expired or incorrect information out there regarding prices (apparently it's cool to lie / exaggerate about how much you pay Rogers). But overall Rogers is a better experience compared to Teksavvy, but you will likely be paying more.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What does one do with a broken laptop? Keeping the hard drive. Is there anywhere I can donate it to? Or should I put it out so someone can sell it for crack?
Electronics recycling I guess. From time to time Futureshop Best Buy accepts old technology to recycle. I think the city does something as well.

Top Bottom