• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Man so I played Halo 5 Warzone and that was a lot of fun. I just got the mech suit and killed people and ended up first on my team.

I wanna play all the other stuff but some of the lines and mobs around it just make it look like its not happening. I think I'm gonna dip early as well.

Also it was cool meeting you Kraft!

Like, a lot of this stuff I'm gonna own in a few months anyway.

Eh that 2 hour quote was probably too liberal.

Hold onto your butt for the lines inside. The only games with actual lines are Halo 5, Gears of War MP, Rainbow 6, The Division, and Battleborn.

Everything else like Cuphead, Mad Max, Just Cause 3 are just mobs of people around the display.

zorbsie

Sounds like the X15 is pretty packed. Sucks about the drinks. I would have thought drinks would be paid for at least non alcoholic drinks. Lots of games to be played there that's for sure. Wonder how many people are going to do the Tomb Raider rock climbing.

krae_man

Sounds like the X15 is pretty packed. Sucks about the drinks. I would have thought drinks would be paid for at least non alcoholic drinks. Lots of games to be played there that's for sure. Wonder how many people are going to do the Tomb Raider rock climbing.

I did it. Last one I did was 4 years ago at Wrestlemania. I would have felt like shit if I couldn't do it :lol

Also they make you sign a waiver.

Curious if the lines inside will get better.

Microsoft put a lot of effort into this and I think it looks good but I found Sony's events a lot more friendly. Sony was good for swag and free drinks.

Halo line was definitely the longest

The line for the Division just looked silly. It looked like they should have gotten more space for it. Same goes for Rainbow 6.

MS put a lot of work into it. I had fun playing the... 4-5 games I played there. It looks like it's a success for them, so I hope they do it again next year but at a bigger/more convenient venue.

Also Dark Souls 3 was there but for media only. God damn it

i-Jest

I enjoyed myself at X15. Did anyone know what the event on the other side of the board walk was? It was some corporate event.

Just curious, has anyone heard any bad (or good) things about Ice condos at 12 York? I've been looking at a few units there to consider buying.

Yeah, I just straight up skipped Halo 5. The line was massive by the time I got in and it never got smaller. I did jump in for The Division just before closing, though. The line was pretty small by then but that still meant a 40 minute wait (approx. 15 mins for each demo and five to restart everything, and there were two demos ahead of me). It looked buggy, too. I saw two stations crash. Worked fine for me, though, thankfully.

When I first got in I went straight to Cuphead and didn't have to wait. I hopped on a station and talked to the game's art director, who walked me through the tutorial. Played the first couple stages and they were amazing. This game is legit.

Most impressive thing there (since there was no Deus Ex for us plebs) was the Quantum Break demo. I thought we'd see the Gamescom demo but they actually had a brand new demo and showed off a bunch of stuff the public has never seen before. I learned more about the game from that twenty minute talk with the Microsoft producer than I have from any of the previous media showings.

I also did the rock climbing. Made it to the top. Got back down and the guy said he was convinced I was going to fall, haha. I've actually never done that before so I'm surprised I didn't.

whitehawk

Banned
Went to x15 with a couple friends and we lined up for halo. Didn't want to leave my friends so I stayed there. By the time we finished the demo, which was mediocre, we had to catch the shuttle. Had enough time to quickly try just cause 3 for 5 mins, which was way better. Should have skipped halo in retrospect. Really wanted to try cuphead. Oh well.

i-Jest

Went to x15 with a couple friends and we lined up for halo. Didn't want to leave my friends so I stayed there. By the time we finished the demo, which was mediocre, we had to catch the shuttle. Had enough time to quickly try just cause 3 for 5 mins, which was way better. Should have skipped halo in retrospect. Really wanted to try cuphead. Oh well.

Yeah, Cuphead is the one demo I regret not trying. I like the old school cartoonie visuals. It looked very fun. Rare Replay took up more of my time than I thought. I literally sat in a seat and spent an hour clearing Battle Toads. After that I spent at least 40 minutes playing Killer Instinct Gold. I really didn't think I'd spend so much time with it. Glad I did though, it was really fun.

Quadratic

Just curious, has anyone heard any bad (or good) things about Ice condos at 12 York? I've been looking at a few units there to consider buying.

It's a Lanterra development so I would be weary. They had the falling glass problem a few years back. When I was shopping for my place I researched the builders to see their track records. I ended up buying an older condo because of the short cuts builders do nowadays. I figured if a building is solid over 10 years then it's a sound purchase.

We can take this to PM's if you have more questions. I shopped for 2 years before buying a place.

It's a Lanterra development so I would be weary. They had the falling glass problem a few years back. When I was shopping for my place I researched the builders to see their track records. I ended up buying an older condo because of the short cuts builders do nowadays. I figured if a building is solid over 10 years then it's a sound purchase.

We can take this to PM's if you have more questions. I shopped for 2 years before buying a place.

Interesting, I may send you a PM after looking at a few more units.

I was already worried about all the bros I see in that building. Funnily enough, first unit I looked at (assignment sale) already had a hole in the wall from what looks like a punch from the tenant it was previously rented out to. Smh. I feel like no one in that building is a responsible person and could easily see the common areas being trashed.

Did you happen to look at Hullmark Centre (Tridel?) at 5 Sheppard/2 Anndale or Gibson Square (Menkes?) at 5168/5162 Yonge?

dluu13

What a web of fuckery.

Read the whole thing, people. It's insane.

They paid $700 to live in a place like that? I pay $750 to live in an apartment 5 minutes from my lab (UofT). I guess it's hard especially if you are from out of town and you can't actually see the place in person before you move in.

Quick

Banned
They paid $700 to live in a place like that? I pay $750 to live in an apartment 5 minutes from my lab (UofT).

A number of those women renting are from out of town or another country. The guy also had false advertising. Recipe for disaster.

dluu13

Hey guys, I'm going to Hong Kong in October. Does anybody know any currency exchange place that'll give better rates? Preferably somewhere downtown.

dluu13

Can't banks do that? Isn't there a Bank of China in China Town?

They do but typically the exchange rates aren't the best. For example, in Vancouver, my family goes to Vancouver Bouillon and Currency Exchange instead of a bank.

But you're right. I totally forgot about the Bank of China, and they do offer a better exchange rate than my bank (BMO).

i-Jest

They do but typically the exchange rates aren't the best. For example, in Vancouver, my family goes to Vancouver Bouillon and Currency Exchange instead of a bank.

I don't normally deal with this kind of thing but what options have you been looking at? Any seem decent?

dluu13

I don't normally deal with this kind of thing but what options have you been looking at? Any seem decent?

The first point of contact for me would be to go to the bank, but I know those usually don't give the most favorable rates (they sell for higher and buy for lower rates). In Vancouver, my dad actually a guy at the VBCE so he gets more favorable rates, but I live alone in Toronto now.

Honestly, I didn't do that much research myself and just asked here because I figured there'd at least be a few guys that travel and do currency exchange often. Actually I just asked my dad and he says he can send some HKD cash with a friend coming over next month and I'll just pay my dad the next time I see him. Thanks for the initial suggestion though.

i-Jest

The first point of contact for me would be to go to the bank, but I know those usually don't give the most favorable rates (they sell for higher and buy for lower rates). In Vancouver, my dad actually a guy at the VBCE so he gets more favorable rates, but I live alone in Toronto now.

Honestly, I didn't do that much research myself and just asked here because I figured there'd at least be a few guys that travel and do currency exchange often. Actually I just asked my dad and he says he can send some HKD cash with a friend coming over next month and I'll just pay my dad the next time I see him. Thanks for the initial suggestion though.

As long as it works out for you. If you don't mind me asking, how much were you willing to exchange. I asked my friend, who's more knowledgeable on these matters, and he said it varies from place to place and how much you want to exchange.

dluu13

As long as it works out for you. If you don't mind me asking, how much were you willing to exchange. I asked my friend, who's more knowledgeable on these matters, and he said it varies from place to place and how much you want to exchange.

Haha, it's alright. I already knew about different places having different rates, which was why I was asking to see if anybody could refer me. I was looking to exchange about $500. I'll only be there for a few days for a conference so I don't need too much. Either way, I think I'll just ask my dad to do this favor for me. I'll be dropping by Vancouver for a couple of days on my way back to Toronto anyway.

Top Bottom