• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ccph3fgl8pbk.gif

halp
Yes....YESSSSS!

And no.

I DID IT, QUICK! I TRULY DID IT! :')

whitehawk

Banned
Where was this?

You sure that was a fight?
Pape and Danforth, right outside Scotiabank. There was a homeless looking couple, with the guy pushing the girl in a wheelchair. There was some other homeless looking guy holding a big duffel bag who was taunting him, both sides threatening each other (I missed what started this). Then they almost started fighting but some 3rd party dude came in and started beating up on duffel bag guy pretty bad, including biting his shoulder. He yelled something about the wheelchair girl, making me think he did something offensive to her or something.

dluu13

I was just on the TTC to go have some lunch with a friend. I grabbed a transfer, but they are apparently not valid for reentry to the subway. What's the point of getting a transfer if you can't use them again?

Renewed

I was just on the TTC to go have some lunch with a friend. I grabbed a transfer, but they are apparently not valid for reentry to the subway. What's the point of getting a transfer if you can't use them again?

Reminds me of when I walked to the wrong side of the platform and had to pay again to get back to the other side in time. Also when my friend asked if I got a transfer, I asked him "you can get a transfer in the subway?" Good times.

So you can imagine all the other things that baffle me when I hear of them for the first time like this.

Roto13

So you can ride the bus. I don't know if you've heard the news, but our system is not very good.

dluu13

Reminds me of when I walked to the wrong side of the platform and had to pay again to get back to the other side in time. Also when my friend asked if I got a transfer, I asked him "you can get a transfer in the subway?" Good times.

So you can imagine all the other things that baffle me when I hear of them for the first time like this.

So you can ride the bus. I don't know if you've heard the news, but our system is not very good.

Saying the TTC's fare system is "not very good" is insulting to all the actual things that are "not very good"

I got on the wrong side of the platform too. Good thing it was Dundas Yonge and I just walked through the middle open area. I was coming back from Christie though, so they didn't have that.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the TTC, but I haven't actually used it that many times since I got here. What I don't get is why GTA don't have just one regional transit system with the same fare processing.

I also thought Go transit was supposed to be an inter-city bus service that goes between several big stations. The other day, I was taking the Go bus back from Guelph with a buddy, and while we were going through Brampton and some other places, it felt like we were going to a bus stop every couple of blocks, even though those stations were serviced by the municipal bus companies.

Anyway, I can't complain too much or else I'll start sounding like spoiled Vancouverite.

whitehawk

Banned

Toronto stations never make you pay again to switch directions in a station. At least not any station I've been to. Just walk upstairs and go down the other side, or on some just do a 180 degree turn.

explodet

Toronto stations never make you pay again to switch directions in a station. At least not any station I've been to. Just walk upstairs and go down the other side, or on some just do a 180 degree turn.
The only one that will catch you if you don't get a transfer is Dundas. There's no way to get to the other platform without having to leave the paid area. Traps people all the time who go to the Eaton Centre/YD Square and go into the wrong entrance.

When I was pinching pennies and had to go downtown and wanted to save a fare I'd always find the best way to get back into the subway system on one transfer. You need to use the bus/streetcar lines that go into a station, like Spadina, Union or Wellesley.

whitehawk

Banned
The only one that will catch you if you don't get a transfer is Dundas. There's no way to get to the other platform without having to leave the paid area. Traps people all the time who go to the Eaton Centre/YD Square and go into the wrong entrance.

When I was pinching pennies and had to go downtown and wanted to save a fare I'd always find the best way to get back into the subway system on one transfer. You need to use the bus/streetcar lines that go into a station, like Spadina, Union or Wellesley.
Ah you're right, forgot about dundas. That's really annoying. I once just took a transfer from one side and explained to the ticket guy on the other side with fake proof, and he let me in.

This is why I usually buy a metropass unfortunately. Not so much the money saving, just the convenience.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I got a deluxe pass with friends because we all have too much disposable income and we have nothing better to do this weekend

We get in 2 hours early on Thursday. I am RUNNING to the Morpheus booth when the con opens. Followed by Rise of the Tomb Raider afterward since that's the only XBOne game coming out this Fall I haven't played early yet

If I get in early before anyone uses it, there'll be a smaller chance of getting an eye infection

How much is it for a weekend these days?

ahdurian

DSL? I dunno if that's what you mean.

I just might.

Another question for anyone.

If I want to get an unlocked iphone 6, is it possible to transfer my sim card to it from my iphone 4?

Or do I have to get a new Sim card and get hooked up. Hoping for a price drop on the 6 this week or next so I can finally upgrade.

don't know what SIM it takes, but I figured if the actual type didn't change, it should be fine?
kinda what I liked about the OnePlus is that it had different SIM holders for different carriers.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ne...for-some-snowfall-and-frost-for-others/56633/

The heat is forecast to persist until Saturday when a cold front moves through the region, Environment Canada reports. The risk of thunderstorms linger for extreme southern Ontario due to this hot and unstable airmass. Heavy downpours and small hail are the primary threats with these storms. High pressure looks to be the story for Ontario through the weekend, with Labour Day expected to be a hot one. A pattern change moves in late Tuesday into Wednesday as the humidity is set to eventually break.

The heat is going to persist until Saturday when a cold front moves in... but it's going to stay hot until Wednesday? How does this make any sort of sense?

N° 2048

I've given up trying to apply logic to Toronto weather.

It's like a video game world with weather cheat codes set to " random" every day.

Renewed

More reason to stay in playing Metal Gear Solid V.

In my case, I'd be taking my copy over to my neighbour's PS4. Their kid is away so I can just play on that as long as I want (reasonably of course).

I wanted to go over but I've got a throat infection so I'm not risking it.

krae_man

Holy crap it's chucking it down. And its too windy for my brolly to be any use. I just gotta stand here and wait for it to let up.

Renewed

Holy crap it's chucking it down. And its too windy for my brolly to be any use. I just gotta stand here and wait for it to let up.

Yeah I would have been coming home from work around the time the storm was in full effect here. Not having any of that :eek:

dluu13

When I read that a 3 hours ago, I actually jumped up and went upstairs to check outside. It was partly cloudy here, but there were some big clouds in the distance. My lab is in the basement so the only information I get about weather is from GAF or my weather app.

Top Bottom