• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Roto13

My friend signed up for a few months of one of those random boxes. I forget who it's from but it's specifically comic focused. It's mostly crap. You're better off just spending that money on random dorky shit yourself. You'll get less, but you'll probably end up with more stuff you actually like.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
When they find what's left of my body as a steaming puddle on my bed, tell them that my last words were "Fuck this weather."
Quiet, you sober ringer.
tell them mine were "Fuck Kuro"
nmj1Orh.gif

So I've been taking the TTC for 20 years everyday and have never had a complaint until today. But I am fucking furious about what happened this morning.
So I took the the subway from Bathurst Station to Kennedy Station and then got on the Scarborough RT to Scarborough Centre Station where I get on a bus. I've done this trip hundreds of times without incident until today.
So I get on the bus and the driver tells me to pay a fare. I was like "What? Why?". He tells me I have to pay because I snuck into the station without paying. So I told him that isn't true and I took the subway from Bathurst Station to which he replies "That isn't possible because the subway doesn't run until 9 today". What a fucking idiot. I had just taken the subway so I knew damn well it was running even if he didn't. Then he tells me "I saw you sneak into the station". So now he completely just makes up that he actually saw me sneak in with his own eyes. I would love to know how that is possible since I didn't fucking do it.
So I kept protesting about it but he wouldn't budge so I just paid another fare.
Then this guy gets on like 30 seconds later and says to the driver "is it new to have the subway run on holiday mornings" to which he replies " nope it won't open til 9" and the rider replied "it is running because I just got off of it"
So I came running to the front again and said "see it is running! He just told you". So then he said " makes no difference since I saw you sneak in"
Then the guy that I don't even know says "he didn't sneak in. I saw him on the same subway train as me"
TTC driver: "Well what do you want me to do? Take it up with customer service"

What a prick. So there. I finally have my first complaint after 20 years of taking the TTC. But what a doozy.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Definitely take it up with @TTChelps on Twitter. If you know the bus number, that's by far the best (and you do, hooray), but just time and route will help with the complaint. Yeah, it'll probably just be a talking to at best, but at least it's on his record.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You should hear some of the stories I hear from guys I know that have worked in new home construction. Let's just say that the first thing any new home buyer should do is have their vents cleaned as well as scrub the floor of their cold cellar. A lot of people on the site think both of those are suitable toilets on cold days instead of going outside to the porta-potty. That's not even mentioning that every bricky thinks it's fine to pee in the sand that they mix the mortar with.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh... Back when things were simple. I was just a child, so innocent.

Back when I was still friends with this scum:

xvaq1.jpg

Little did I know, Thai I was sitting next to a summer loving whore!
I was right. I recalled way back then you were just a child. Last meet up you were at you gained a lot more muscle.

Still winter loving filth though.

Did you have a transfer?

Why would I? I didn't have to leave the subway at all at any point.

Definitely take it up with @TTChelps on Twitter. If you know the bus number, that's by far the best (and you do, hooray), but just time and route will help with the complaint. Yeah, it'll probably just be a talking to at best, but at least it's on his record.

Is this better than emailing them? I am going to write them something for sure. I don't even care about the 3 bucks.. it was just a lousy way to start the day

isny

napkin dispenser
Ahh... Back when things were simple. I was just a child, so innocent.

Back when I was still friends with this scum:

xvaq1.jpg

Little did I know, Thai I was sitting next to a summer loving whore!

Two comments...

First off...wow...you look like a wee lass there Kraft...

Secondly...when the fuck am I coming back down to make sweet sweet love to you?...I mean...when the fuck am I coming back down for another meetup now that I'm back in the country?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Is this better than emailing them? I am going to write them something for sure. I don't even care about the 3 bucks.. it was just a lousy way to start the day

I always grab POP now with all the streetcar routes being POP and wanting to avoid situations like yours. It's shitty though.

I've only ever used TTCHelps on Twitter. I like that it makes it visible for others to see, but I'm sure e-mail accomplishes much of the same.

Sober

Two comments...

First off...wow...you look like a wee lass there Kraft...

Secondly...when the fuck am I coming back down to make sweet sweet love to you?...I mean...when the fuck am I coming back down for another meetup now that I'm back in the country?
Oh you're back now! Coool!

Also blame Kuro, it should be up to him to have hosted a meetup during the fucking hottest stretch of hot at the end of the summer during FanExpo time. No one on #teamwinter would ever subject anyone to that torture.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Oh you're back now! Coool!

Also blame Kuro, it should be up to him to have hosted a meetup during the fucking hottest stretch of hot at the end of the summer during FanExpo time. No one on #teamwinter would ever subject anyone to that torture.
Someone else always did the fanexpo meet ups you drunken frostbite.
I can't wait until the whole system runs on PRESTO. Tap and go, pretty much.
I can't wait until I have to charge my card 24 hours in advance.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Remind me again what's TO gafs favorite ramen place.

Sansotei for me, although their Yonge St location is better than their Dundas one. Raijin and Kinton runners up, but the later can have shitty service regardless of location, which is often as a accompanied by a way too crowded restaurant. Tonkotsu last place for me, they did not impress me at all with their north of Eglinton.; I'd take Ajisen over then.

isny

napkin dispenser
Sansotei for me, although their Yonge St location is better than their Dundas one. Raijin and Kinton runners up, but the later can have shitty service regardless of location, which is often as a accompanied by a way too crowded restaurant. Tonkotsu last place for me, they did not impress me at all with their north of Eglinton.; I'd take Ajisen over then.

Didn't KFC also have ramen?

krae_man

Someone else organize the next meetup, I'm not doing two in a row. My mom wants more Japanese cheesecake and I'm not taking a bus to Toronto just for that.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't KFC also have ramen?
Koreatown has a Kinton but it's almost always packed.

The KFC place itself likely has ramen but not the Japanese kind; the instant noodle Korean kind.
Kinton is the most popular one I believe. usually all the locations are packed

I would personally go there or Sansotei for taste

and Raijin if I'm in Yonge-Dundas area and don't have too much time
Kinton has the superior pork belly though. But the soup and noodles at Sansotei are so gooood.
Someone else organize the next meetup, I'm not doing two in a row. My mom wants more Japanese cheesecake and I'm not taking a bus to Toronto just for that.
But she waited 9 months for you or something to that effect.
Went to Santosei, it was great. Way better ramen than Kinton 4. Also a more casual and relaxed atmosphere.
Good

zroid

Banned
ho lee shit this humidity. I'm just sitting in my car for a few minutes in a parking lot and already sticky as goop

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
amazing that there's still a decently 'long' line every time i pass by it
I was there Saturday and the long weekend made sure it was a LOOOONG line up. It could be one of those things that never seem to go away like the lines for brunch at Lady Marmalade or Bonjour Brioche.

I don't know why I feel compelled to post this...but ENJOY THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY YOU COLD FUCKS...!! Mwahahahahahah
2cCE0mZ.gifv

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was there Saturday and the long weekend made sure it was a LOOOONG line up. It could be one of those things that never seem to go away like the lines for brunch at Lady Marmalade or Bonjour Brioche.

I don't know why I feel compelled to post this...but ENJOY THE HEAT AND HUMIDITY YOU COLD FUCKS...!! Mwahahahahahah
2cCE0mZ.gifv

So, did you spend over or under an hour outside in this pea soup humidity this long weekend? 21c by Saturday, lows in the low teens. Hang on my cool loving brethren, we're almost there!

If there's not one scheduled in the next few weeks I might do it. Project is nearing soft launch date now, so my life will be hell for a while.

dluu13

I guess it's a force of habit for me to always take a transfer even if I won't be getting off. I paid to get on the subway so I should get a ticket in some form or another.

ahdurian

I guess it's a force of habit for me to always take a transfer even if I won't be getting off. I paid to get on the subway so I should get a ticket in some form or another.

thats the current mentality of TTC, where even if you don't need one, you have to have a transfer
but the fact that the driver said he "saw him" sneak in, even though he came from across town, is bullshit

zroid

Banned
if I wasn't in a hurry in that situation I probably would have just told the driver to shove it and waited for the next bus

sounds like a total asshole

dluu13

What do the subway ticket booth operators do besides make sure you pay the correct amount? Couldn't you make them issue proof of payment?

ahdurian

What do the subway ticket booth operators do besides make sure you pay the correct amount? Couldn't you make them issue proof of payment?

probably "too much work" or "a waste of resources", and that's why they had the transfer machines at stations.
if they're really going to enforce transfers, they should have people monitoring the streetcars/subway entrances better

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

They're suppose to provide customer service / directions as well. But between being semi-impossible to hear them in booth at some stations and the booth collectors being some of the grumpiest TTC employees, I don't think it's great.

Regarding POP, if you read Kraft's story a few days ago, even on specific POP routes drivers still don't offer POP to people. ie; You need to ask for it. Happened for years on the 501, which has been proof of payment for a while. Some drivers would have transfers ready, but others would act like asking for a transfer on a POP route was ruining their day.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
They're suppose to provide customer service / directions as well. But between being semi-impossible to hear them in booth at some stations and the booth collectors being some of the grumpiest TTC employees, I don't think it's great.

Regarding POP, if you read Kraft's story a few days ago, even on specific POP routes drivers still don't offer POP to people. ie; You need to ask for it. Happened for years on the 501, which has been proof of payment for a while. Some drivers would have transfers ready, but others would act like asking for a transfer on a POP route was ruining their day.
Geez now you want them to offer you a transfer as well?! They might hurt themselves ripping that paper...!

I liked the Ottawa system of a machine auto printing it instead of having the driver tear one out.

But we're Toronto. We don't get nice things because.

I'm going to grab my Bathurst Station transfer every single day from now on just so I can show it to him when I finally get on his bus again.

Walked by the Vive booth on the way to class. So its being held at Dundas Square along with a bunch of other stuff. I finish class right at 12 so I'm not sure if I can even check it out

dluu13

Geez now you want them to offer you a transfer as well?! They might hurt themselves ripping that paper...!

I liked the Ottawa system of a machine auto printing it instead of having the driver tear one out.

But we're Toronto. We don't get nice things because.

It's the same in Vancouver. We got rid of the paper ripping before 2000.
How is it that Toronto doesn't get it? It's the biggest city in Canada.

Top Bottom