• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
They can pry that red and white card out of my cold dead hands

Which is what will happen after I am denied health care for not having a new card

I got my health card and driver's licence renewed at the same time. Got to service Ontario before it opened lined up for about 30 mins. Inside it took like 10 mins including taking the pictures to renew both cards. They both expire on your birthday.

It's not a huge deal if you have a driver's licence renewal to do as well. I understand if you don't drive and this is the only thing you need to renew it's a hassle.

Normally it's pretty fast but the last time I had to renew both I was able to do the driver's license online and went in to get a new photo for the health card and started to get kidney stone pain while waiting lol.....ugh

Quick

Banned
I posted this on the Canadian Elections thread, but it might also be appropriate here:

Recently, I got a call from an unknown number, named me specifically, and asked if I would lend my support to my local Liberal riding.

The problem is that the person on the phone incorrectly named the Liberal candidate running in my riding. And I would assume that anything official would clearly label its phone number.

Is this fishy, or am I just paranoid?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I posted this on the Canadian Elections thread, but it might also be appropriate here:

Recently, I got a call from an unknown number, named me specifically, and asked if I would lend my support to my local Liberal riding.

The problem is that the person on the phone incorrectly named the Liberal candidate running in my riding. And I would assume that anything official would clearly label its phone number.

Is this fishy, or am I just paranoid?
Sounds shady to me.

Unrelated story. I remember when I had first gotten my new phone number and I NEVER signed up for anything with it aside from the do not call list. I get some random call from Quebec and I think it's work. Nope. Some survey company and it was a live person on the line and asked did she could ask me some questions. I immediately asked her how she got my number. She kinda hesitated and said it was on a database and I asked her where it came from. She didn't know, so I immediately asked her to remove me from the calling list and to not call again.

Sigh...doesn't stop those spoofed Robo calls though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Were they asking for money? Then maybe.

Or perhaps they have a phone bank somewhere where they just call every single Liberal supporter and they have no idea where people actually live.

cocopuffs

Banned
Went to The Burger Priest at Queen St. and holy fuck everything that has been said about it in this thread/title is correct, just great burgers.

Only got a High Priest combo but that was like a Big Mac but on steroids and good. I will definitely be coming back here and checking out the not-so-secret menu.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Went to The Burger Priest at Queen St. and holy fuck everything that has been said about it in this thread/title is correct, just great burgers.

Only got a High Priest combo but that was like a Big Mac but on steroids and good. I will definitely be coming back here and checking out the not-so-secret menu.
YOU SEE, EM?! YOU SEE?!

Just a protip: do not get anything with blue cheese. It simply drowns out the flavour of the patty.

Quick

Banned
Sounds shady to me.

Unrelated story. I remember when I had first gotten my new phone number and I NEVER signed up for anything with it aside from the do not call list. I get some random call from Quebec and I think it's work. Nope. Some survey company and it was a live person on the line and asked did she could ask me some questions. I immediately asked her how she got my number. She kinda hesitated and said it was on a database and I asked her where it came from. She didn't know, so I immediately asked her to remove me from the calling list and to not call again.

Sigh...doesn't stop those spoofed Robo calls though.

I sometimes get calls with automated voice messages about winning cruises.

I should sign up for the do not call list. :lol

Were they asking for money? Then maybe.

Or perhaps they have a phone bank somewhere where they just call every single Liberal supporter and they have no idea where people actually live.

I ended up hanging up after she got the candidate wrong.

DAMN FLIES!

They were everywhere tonight. One landed directly on my eyeball, and instantly died when I instinctively recoiled and blinked. Its dead body then slid up under my eyelid. I couldn't get it out until I got home and had a mirror.

Now my entire eye is red/pink. This is the point at which I am done with summer.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Yakuza Apocalypse time at TIFF, bitches!!

The Giant Frog is here!

ta4LsTg.jpg

Kraftwerk

Ugh....

Got hit by a car last night and lost teeth....

Was crossing one of those crosswalks where you have to press the button and the yellow light blinks. Guy accelerated too soon and clipped me from the back. Hit the ground right away.

Besides the teeth and some minor bruises on my butt I'm fine.

Gonna make this cocksucker pay. Got all his info and cops came.

This happened in Scarborough.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh....

Got hit by a car last night and lost teeth....

Was crossing one of those crosswalks where you have to press the button and the yellow light blinks. Guy accelerated too soon and clipped me from the back. Hit the ground right away.

Besides the teeth and some minor bruises on my butt I'm fine.

Gonna make this cocksucker pay. Got all his info and cops came.

This happened in Scarborough.
He accelerated?! 0_o

Did he get you as you were crossing or in the middle?

I've been splashed before and nearly hit cause they don't want to stop for it.

Also had one woman just aggressively drive right through it in front of me while I was crossing and all she did was mouth sorry.

Kraftwerk

He accelerated?! 0_o

Did he get you as you were crossing or in the middle?

I've been splashed before and nearly hit cause they don't want to stop for it.

Also had one woman just aggressively drive right through it in front of me while I was crossing and all she did was mouth sorry.

Yeah. Was going across the crosswalk and he hit the gas too quick and I tried to jump front since I noticed him coming, but didn't make it in time and he clipped me and I hit the deck.

I have one friend who pretty much refuses to cross these yellow blinking light crosswalks. Always told me how he comes so close to being run over. Well, I guess he was right.

Everyone's telling me how he is fucked since he hit me on a crosswalk.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Krafty now has a hockey player's smile? Glad you're okay other than that. Not stopping at a crosswalk for a pedestrian is 3 points, actually hitting one and the guy is fucked.

Kraftwerk

Krafty now has a hockey player's smile? Glad you're okay other than that. Not stopping at a crosswalk for a pedestrian is 3 points, actually hitting one and the guy is fucked.

Haha. I'm SO GLAD it's two teeth on the far right side of my mouth. If it was front teeth... God I would probably take a few weeks off work until I had it fixed.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
YOU SEE, EM?! YOU SEE?!

Just a protip: do not get anything with blue cheese. It simply drowns out the flavour of the patty.

They said it was a Big Mac on steroids, what a compliment. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah. Was going across the crosswalk and he hit the gas too quick and I tried to jump front since I noticed him coming, but didn't make it in time and he clipped me and I hit the deck.

I have one friend who pretty much refuses to cross these yellow blinking light crosswalks. Always told me how he comes so close to being run over. Well, I guess he was right.

Everyone's telling me how he is fucked since he hit me on a crosswalk.

Wow, glad you're okay, relatively speaking. Hopefully it doesn't have too much of an impact on your health long term. Stuff like that can creep up on you years later. Take that guy through the legal wringer, he fucked up big time and I'd bet on him not having a very clean driving record to begin with.

I've had dozens of close calls in the city, so I'm pretty cautious about crossing. Even at full red lights I've seen cars blow through, or fail to stop until they're half way in the intersection, cars never looking while turning right, cyclist blowing through a T light because they don't feel the threat of cars, cars trying to beat lights, or predict a light changing and dart through a red like an idiot.

So now basically I wait until and light changes and stare down cars as they approach the intersection to make sure they're actually going to stop. I have my dog with me most of the time too, so it's also to protect him.

Damn driver's license renewal. Stood inline for an hour, took less than 5 minutes to do it.

Also I hope you are OK Kraft. Dental work is damn expensive, can't imagine replacing missing teeth is going to all that fun.

Anony

hope you went to hospital and have more medical evidence.
sometimes, you dont feel the injury till a few days afterwards and you've got to document everything

Kraftwerk

Thanks everyone. And I did indeed go and get checked.

Going to the dentist on Monday to evaluate and see how much $$$$$$$ is needed.

Quick

Banned
Good to know you're okay Kraft.

He should be covering your medical expenses, including whatever dental work you're gonna need.

Sober

Damn Kraft, glad to hear you're mostly alright though.

Had a few close calls at intersections while driving so now I'm extra careful about bikes coming out of nowhere.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
:/
Why do I punish myself by lining up for Uncle Tetsu?

On the plus side, it wasn't TOO long but I got caught as the person in front was the last to get the last batch again so I had to wait at the counter...

Additionally, the cafe next door serves green tea cheesecake and there was no wait at all, so if you guys want to avoid the regular line you can give that a try. They had a whole freakin stack of the green tea cheesecake though and still a long ass line up for the regular one. They should really try to optimize their business since it's run pretty inefficiently.

Quick

Banned
:/
Why do I punish myself by lining up for Uncle Tetsu?

On the plus side, it wasn't TOO long but I got caught as the person in front was the last to get the last batch again so I had to wait at the counter...

Additionally, the cafe next door serves green tea cheesecake and there was no wait at all, so if you guys want to avoid the regular line you can give that a try. They had a whole freakin stack of the green tea cheesecake though and still a long ass line up for the regular one. They should really try to optimize their business since it's run pretty inefficiently.

I've always wondered why there's a constant lineup at Uncle Tetsu. I'd imagine that having a constant lineup that's as long as an amusement park ride would have them consider more efficient measures in serving people.

Maybe they're just so caught up on their hubris.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've always wondered why there's a constant lineup at Uncle Tetsu. I'd imagine that having a constant lineup that's as long as an amusement park ride would have them consider more efficient measures in serving people.

Maybe they're just so caught up on their hubris.
It was stupid. They had a stack of 20 green tea cheesecakes and I didn't see the ovens being used (they have MORE ovens next door in the cafe). Can't convince me you couldn't get those going to get more regular cheesecakes out so people don't have to wait and you don't potentially lose business having someone not even bother lining up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The line is part of the allure, probably. Canadians love lines.

Oh and apparently the Black History guys have a debit machine now. Should I feel bad for people who actually give them their debit cards to have their PINs stolen, or just laugh at their idiocy?

God I hate these guys so much. It's even more annoying being black around them, you ignore them and they try to insult you that somehow you aren't black enough by ignoring them.

I just now take their pamphlets and when they yell to pay them I crumble it up and drop it on the ground.

N° 2048

God I hate these guys so much. It's even more annoying being black around them, you ignore them and they try to insult you that somehow you aren't black enough by ignoring them.

I just now take their pamphlets and when they yell to pay them I crumble it up and drop it on the ground.

It's a scum bag tactic that %90 of people cannot react fast enough too. I like the way you handle it.

Most people do not expect to say "no thank you" and be asked "what are you, a racist?"

Top Bottom