• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

They lost 2 out of 3 to the Red Sex on the road and went into New York with a 1.5 game lead with Price on the mound.

I am not too worried.

zroid

Banned
this series was just a reminder to everyone in Toronto that the Red Sox is the team you should hate most, not the Yankees.

Husker86

I went to Toronto for a day Saturday as part of my vacation. Someone I knew from a game we both played a while back said I needed to try Burger's Priest.

Holy shit. I mean...people say "we have the best burger" all the time. This was the first time that the burger was actually unlike any I've had before. That friend bought me a Tower of Babel...so so so good. The buns...they were like grilled cheeses themselves or something. I don't know how to describe it, but I'm sad that I'll probably never have it again in the near future.

I went to Toronto for a day Saturday as part of my vacation. Someone I knew from a game we both played a while back said I needed to try Burger's Priest.

Holy shit. I mean...people say "we have the best burger" all the time. This was the first time that the burger was actually unlike any I've had before. That friend bought me a Tower of Babel...so so so good. The buns...they were like grilled cheeses themselves or something. I don't know how to describe it, but I'm sad that I'll probably never have it again in the near future.

Haha, you don't know what you just started

TO-Gaf burger debate commence again!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yonge and Finch is the best

There's a new Japanese place on Byng ave. here that is ridiculously good.

Been there like five times in the last two weeks. They've got the best Katsu and Okonomiyaki I've had
Address, dammit >_<

Looks Korean-run to me but eh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jays are gonna choke I can feel it. Quote this post in 2 weeks. Never EVER get confident about a Toronto sports team. Until the season is over and the trophy is on the shelf.
Never believe in a Toronto sports team. That's just the best way to live your life if you don't want to feel sad.

Anth0ny

How dare you. The Jays will make the playoffs!
As the wild card, being eliminated in one game.

my legit prediction

anyways, I'm heading to the Jays game in about an hour. Price is pitching. should be a good one!

we're gonna get blown out

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If I started anything, I hope it ends up leading to details on what place in the US has similar burgers!
Hmm anyone been down to the States a lot can clarify?

I assume most franchises are going to taste the same and that's good enough for most people. Even the supposed high end chains don't compare in my opinion. You'd likely have to go with a independent burger place to find the same but I figure any small place that makes their patties fresh should be able to make the same thing as BP. An alternative is Holy Chuck if you're ever back in town. Other than that, STOP STEALING OUR GOOD BURGERS! >=[

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Tower of Babel.

srFSeaS.jpg

cocopuffs

Banned
Gotta go to the Burger Priest again this Friday and get something, damn the OP of this thread suggesting it. I'm probably going to go broke buying from there. Any suggestions for best thing off the secret menu?

Also Drake + Future's tape is great but even if you don't like it, you got to admit that Drake did one thing for the city, he made Toronto (the 6ix) cool. Especially on an international level. Hear people bumping this on the street.

ahdurian

Kraft, how'd the dentist stuff go? did they give an estimate how much it's gonna cost to fix you up?

Jays are almost indisputably the best team in the AL, and there's still irrational negativity...

probably why I keep hearing/seeing this everywhere
had like 10 people post this on FB, and then even heard it on the radio where they interviewed the guy who sung it

Husker86

How the hell do you even eat that?

It's a lot more smooshed in real life. I did have one of the meat patties slip out half way through, though.
How much does something like this cost? And what is that fried round thing between the two paties?
That's a fried mushroom with jalapeño cheese in it, I think. Judging by the total price for the 4 of us, I'm going to guess that particular burger was ~$12, but I have no idea.

Burger Priest is just being considerate and not demanding that their customers dislocate their jaws to enjoy their burgers.

I tried the Four Horsemen once and that was just too stacked, their standard Pope or whatever burger is good enough in terms of size really.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You guys should play a drinking game where every time you see a Toronto landmark in the new Fox show Minority Report, you have to take a drink. See how long you last until your liver shuts down. lol

Sober

You guys should play a drinking game where every time you see a Toronto landmark in the new Fox show Minority Report, you have to take a drink. See how long you last until your liver shuts down. lol
BRB, dead.

Eaton Centre
Dundas Square
Bahen building at U of T
City Hall / Nathan Phillips Square

probably more I didn't notice.

and all on repeat.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
BRB, dead.

Eaton Centre
Dundas Square
Bahen building at U of T
City Hall / Nathan Phillips Square

probably more I didn't notice.

and all on repeat.
I don't know if this made it in the show, but they also used the subway cars for their "future subway". lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Pretty sure I'd have to start drinking before even deciding to sit through that show.

Sober

Just saw a moment ago on citytv, a bunch of salty people in Meadowvale complaining about a mosque being built there.

Jayhawk

Two close Jays-Yankees games so far this series, and I'll be going to the third game tomorrow with dozens of coworkers. Excited!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Don't know what you guys think about Toronto Life but they ranked 140 Toronto neighbourhoods.

http://torontolife.com/neighbourhood-rankings/#

It's funny that the sliver of Bloor West is ranked so highly, but everything surrounding it is way lower.

I live at Bathurst and St Clair, which is the corner of four of the neighborhoods. I live in the 34th ranked, but I am literally across the street from the 20th. I walk my dog in the 2nd daily, being about two minutes away and I grocery shop in the 23rd.

Their index doesn't quite fit my criteria either, even if you adjust it a bit. Swansea is 34.5 in housing, but it's almost perfect for me. As a renter, it has some of the cheaper, low rise options available in the city. And as a future buyer, the amount of condo options towards the south end are super attractive. If you want to buy a detached house at a reasonable price on the other hand.. but that's not us.

These ranking lists (not just speaking to Toronto neighbourhoods) must generate huge amounts of clicks, because they pop up all the time.

Top Bottom