• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

explodet

I still picture this happening if we ever win the cup:

AOQZbCm.png
Raccoon City never looked better!

Renewed

I kinda feel sorry for TFC clinching their first playoff spot on the same night the Jays win the ALDS. BMO looks so empty right now.

I was watching TFC because I didn't have a channel to watch Jays. But I still checked my phone for updates... RIP

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I like to imagine Steve Simmons stewing and brewing over being unable to write a scathing piece about another Toronto sports failure.

Quick

Banned
I like to imagine Steve Simmons stewing and brewing over being unable to write a scathing piece about another Toronto sports failure.

Jose Bautista Just Won The ALDS for Toronto, But Here's Why He Needs to Go by Steve Simmons.

Insert bullshit about attitude problems, not getting along with teammates, and mild racial epithets. Insert more garbage about Pizza Pizza not actually being his favourite pizza joint.

I can't believe I watched the Jays come back to win the series at a bar and then walked directly to BMO Field to watch TFC beat the first place team to clinch their first ever playoff berth. I have to fucking pinch myself to realize this glorious day was real!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Jose Bautista Just Won The ALDS for Toronto, But Here's Why He Needs to Go by Steve Simmons.

Insert bullshit about attitude problems, not getting along with teammates, and mild racial epithets. Insert more garbage about Pizza Pizza not actually being his favourite pizza joint.

More likely to be 'something something first round win'.. 'something something terrible Toronto fans trash field, then the city'..

I mean, it IS a first round win, but it was still an amazing series and an important moment in the city's sports history. I see some people sort of poo-pooping it already.

ahdurian

forgot how he secretly puts roids in his Booster Juice

Tabris

Based on what I saw with that 7th Inning. Do you think Toronto may riot if the Blue Jays get to the World Series and lose in a close series?

ahdurian

Based on what I saw with that 7th Inning. Do you think Toronto may riot if the Blue Jays get to the World Series and lose in a close series?

Blue Jays win: there's going to be a happy riot
Blue Jays lose: there's going to be an angry riot

Either way, there's going to be a riot

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If Toronto did win the World Series (or lose in game 7 in some spectacular fashion), there would be some amount of 'rioting', people are already losing their shit all over downtown and causing a mess. Although littering and being noisy is of course not rioting. I don't know if it would reach the levels of some of Canada's other cities though. I mean, it's a high bar to reach.

Stet

Banned
Blue Jays win: there's going to be a happy riot
Blue Jays lose: there's going to be an angry riot

Either way, there's going to be a riot

I don't know if I would really call it a riot. '93 / '94 would be a good comparison, and there was some incidental damage but it was mostly an impromptu parade.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Only way to settle this is for the Jays to win the World Series.

Then we can find out together.

I also think Tory would be smart enough to be more well prepared for something bad happening as well.

Top Bottom