• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

soultron

Banned
People have said the Jays will win the WS if Hell freezes over.

On behalf of #TeamCold, I'd like to say, "you're welcome" for the taste of the cold weather today.

Shamefully stolen from reddit. A nice big rainbow over Midtown

SH6xQa9.jpg

Anth0ny

tomorrow's game is at 3:30pm... I work til 5

tuesday game is at 3pm... I work til 5

wednesday game is at 3pm... I work til 5

I fucking hate everything

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus fuck. Green light so I try to walk. Car makes a right and a whole line of them follow suit and don't give a shit.

Ok fine. Well, the a car across comes and takes a left too.

City is terrible.

October meetup has come and gone, but I just put up a thread for the..

9QQBNiW.gif
NOVEMBER MEETUP
9QQBNiW.gif

Please come in and recommend where you'd like to see it on the weekend. We have a few week lead up and I'll give people a chance to voice their opinion on where they want it.
I wouldn't mind trying another place even if Victory is close to KFC :(

Has shadowkat been to the other KFC place?
omg I'm kiddin! I know she was sitting across from me

cocopuffs

Banned
Guess this is what it feels like to live in a 'sports city'. On the bus and the driver was saying 'Go Jays Go' and talking about the upcoming game with the passengers and stuff. The sticker on the front of TTC buses is a nice touch too.

I'm not even a baseball fan but it's nice to see the city passionate about this.

Quick

Banned
Guess this is what it feels like to live in a 'sports city'. On the bus and the driver was saying 'Go Jays Go' and talking about the upcoming game with the passengers and stuff. The sticker on the front of TTC buses is a nice touch too.

I'm not even a baseball fan but it's nice to see the city passionate about this.

I'm a big Jays fan, from the late Delgado years, and it's good to see the Jays be the big thing in the city right now.

The Jays buzz feels different from the 2012 Leafs playoff run, where it feels like genuine excitement. Probably a matter of the Jays being the only Canadian team in the MLB, and therefore "Canada's team."

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm a big Jays fan, from the late Delgado years, and it's good to see the Jays be the big thing in the city right now.

The Jays buzz feels different from the 2012 Leafs playoff run, where it feels like genuine excitement. Probably a matter of the Jays being the only Canadian team in the MLB, and therefore "Canada's team."

I've been a fan for as long as I remember, I can't remember much of them until just after Carter and Alomar came to the team though.

My dad came to Canada the year after the Jays came into existence and fell in love with them so I got to grow up constantly listening and watching them.

He said I used to dance whenever they won.

Anth0ny

Correction:

4:07pm tomorrow
4:07pm Tuesday
4:07pm Wednesday

on top of giving us shitty time slots, their schedule is wrong. fuck you mlb!

I thought the days of taking a late lunch to leave work early were over ; _ ;

I don't understand how only baseball has this problem. somehow every basketball and hockey playoff game manages to air during prime time. yet the fucking championship series of baseball have to air during the work day? christ.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've been a fan for as long as I remember, I can't remember much of them until just after Carter and Alomar came to the team though.

My dad came to Canada the year after the Jays came into existence and fell in love with them so I got to grow up constantly listening and watching them.

Cats don't dance.

on top of giving us shitty time slots, their schedule is wrong. fuck you mlb!

I thought the days of taking a late lunch to leave work early were over ; _ ;

I don't understand how only baseball has this problem. somehow every basketball and hockey playoff game manages to air during prime time. yet the fucking championship series of baseball have to air during the work day? christ.

Baseball plays every day except travel days

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My dad woke me up in time to see Joe hit the home run.

First world series I'm pretty sure I was in the basement running all over the place trying to give good energy to the Jays to win.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
What a lovely morning out there. I even had a couple people say 'enjoy the beautiful day' on my dog walk. Clearly #TeamWinter is out in full force.

PLSSSSSSSSSS

this game sucks :(

I think the Jays will win the series still, but hopefully this puts some fans (and maybe the team..) in its place. I was talking to one guy about tickets and said game 5 would be awesome to attend, as it could be a close out game and he said "Yeah, if we'll even need game 5." Fuck, one series win in all these series and Jays fan's ego are massive already.

Magnus

Guys. How do I get from London ON back to Toronto late at night on a weeknight? Like, 11pm after a concert ends?

VIA, GO, all of them seem to have a final trip at like 9pm or earlier. wtf.

Am I doomed to spending the night overnight in London?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Guys. How do I get from London ON back to Toronto late at night on a weeknight? Like, 11pm after a concert ends?

VIA, GO, all of them seem to have a final trip at like 9pm or earlier. wtf.

Am I doomed to spending the night overnight in London?

Looks like Greyhound has a bus that leaves London at 3:45 AM and arrives in Toronto at 6:30 AM on the weekdays. $23 bucks. It means you'll have to sleep before and / or on the bus to be functional the next day, but at least it's an option.

zroid

Banned

lol wow almost the same for me. My parents immigrated in 1974 so they had just settled in when the Jays were established.

My dad was a massive fan throughout the 80s and early 90s.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
lol wow almost the same for me. My parents immigrated in 1974 so they had just settled in when the Jays were established.

My dad was a massive fan throughout the 80s and early 90s.

Yeah my dad and family were all huge Jays fans. it's why I really love the playoff run right now.

Few weeks back at a suprise birthday party for my aunt on a night the Jays were playing, I came a bit late and all my uncles and older cousins were asking me what the score in the Jays game was and talking about how good the team has finally become.

It's been so long I forgot how much everyone used to be in it. For them they stopped following as much when Cito Gaston got fired, came back a bit when he was brought back but then left again.

Quick

Banned
I'm the only big sports guy in my family, and not many of my friends follow sports. And not many of the ones that do follow sports, follow it to the degree that I do.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Sportnet is airing the 7th inning from game 5 of the ALDS as an hour long show right now. This is getting ridiculous. :lol

Top Bottom