• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

i-Jest

meh nothing near enough to me for it to be worthwhile

does say more locations tba tho

I might go to the one on the 25th at Jane St. and Runnymede. It's not terribly out of the way, as far as I'm concerned, and I don't have work that day.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I have Two tickets to tomorrow's Jays game. Section 129L row 29, I can't make it to the game, so if any gaffers want them, $600 for the pair. PM me if interested.

Kraftwerk

Jesus

Was supposed to meet a friend downtown for a movie. A bunch of roads are still closes even though the marathon is over. I walked between two barriers and took the sidewalk and this cop yells at me. Says if I live on the street, I said no just walking across. Then goes on about how they are cleaning that street and I can't be there, how he can ticket me etc.

Fucker made me late to the movie.

So pissed.

N° 2048

Jesus

Was supposed to meet a friend downtown for a movie. A bunch of roads are still closes even though the marathon is over. I walked between two barriers and took the sidewalk and this cop yells at me. Says if I live on the street, I said no just walking across. Then goes on about how they are cleaning that street and I can't be there, how he can ticket me etc.

Fucker made me late to the movie.

So pissed.

What a tool. Power tripped Toronto cops.

Willectro

Banned
Couple days old, but: TTC considers suing Bombardier after new streetcar delay

The Montreal-based company is blaming "crimping of electrical connectors" at the same Mexican plant that was responsible for earlier issues involving faulty under-frames and sides.

"We will not let Bombardier's incompetence hold our patient and loyal customers hostage. We will consider all legal and financial actions at our disposal to address this," said a statement from TTC board chair Josh Colle.

This article is just insane to me. The TTC calling another organization incompetent is hilariously hypocritical. It's pretty clear that Colle has never actually used the TTC.

I also was surpised about Bombardier. Here I (naively) thought, "good for the TTC going with a Canadian company", but I guess that didn't mean all parts. Pretty sure we could have found some Canadians who could crimp electrical connectors. Makes me wonder what else is subbed out to places that don't give a shit.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Don't forget to vote today if you haven't already!

Couple days old, but: TTC considers suing Bombardier after new streetcar delay

This article is just insane to me. The TTC calling another organization incompetent is hilariously hypocritical. It's pretty clear that Colle has never actually used the TTC.

I also was surpised about Bombardier. Here I (naively) thought, "good for the TTC going with a Canadian company", but I guess that didn't mean all parts. Pretty sure we could have found some Canadians who could crimp electrical connectors. Makes me wonder what else is subbed out to places that don't give a shit.

From what I've heard about Bombardier regarding the streetcars and new subway cars, they deserve to be called incompetent. Or liars.

Willectro

Banned
Don't forget to vote today if you haven't already!

From what I've heard about Bombardier regarding the streetcars and new subway cars, they deserve to be called incompetent. Or liars.

I won't forget to vote Liberal.

TTC likes a good scapegoat that isn't them. I wonder if riders can sue the TTC for incompetence?

As if Thunder Bay didn't have enough reason to hate Torontonians. Let's sue their biggest employer!

I hope they are mad at Bombardier for subbing shit out to Mexico.

Azih

Hah, max damages on the 1.25 billion contract according to the article is 50 million. The private sector screws the public sector over constantly.

explodet

I *was* going to vote this morning, but my poll wasn't ready - they never got their equipment. So now I gotta leave work, vote, and then come back to start the second half of a marathon workday.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I *was* going to vote this morning, but my poll wasn't ready - they never got their equipment. So now I gotta leave work, vote, and then come back to start the second half of a marathon workday.

I hope you / someone really complains and makes a big deal out of it. Our location didn't have signs up until after 9:30am, but they were open. Someone at work had the same situation, where there were no signs up to direct people.

explodet

I didn't see any signs either, I'll bet that was part of the equipment they were missing.

I might give the Returning Office an earful. That's who you yell at in these matters, right? Every other time I've voted it's gone smoothly. Then again I always voted in the afternoon, not first thing in the morning.

Anth0ny

they would hold votes the day of the jays game and the day star wars tickets go on sale. anyone else going to the marathon at scotiabank theatre?

I gotta go to the gym too. damn it. busy day with work.

I'm going to vote at lunch!

Willectro

Banned
I botched about this on Reddit's toxic Toronto sub and someone said even with stiffer penalties, the TTC would still need to sue.

Interesting. I'm still of the opinion that the TTC is raising an issue when really it's yet again them, at least partially, at fault. Colle's going to make sure to put a spin on it though.

Azih

I botched about this on Reddit's toxic Toronto sub and someone said even with stiffer penalties, the TTC would still need to sue.

Well you always need to sue in pretty much any breach of contract so that's fine. (Bombardier isn't going to go, yeah our bad here's your millions) Why do private corps get sweetheart deals from governments is a separate issue. 99 year 407 deal. Gas plant cancellation parachute. .05 billion max fine on a 1.25 billion contract. Smacks of corruption and a far too cozy relationship between elected legislators and big corps sadly.

cocopuffs

Banned
Idiots at my polling station tried to refuse allowing me to vote at first. Had a drivers license which should be sufficient enough to vote (from what I understand) and they started asking for a birth certificate/proof of citizenship. Complained to the person in charge and when she questioned them, they said oh there's no proof, or that they doubt I'm a citizen and that anyone can get a drivers license. After complaining, I was eventually allowed but they said they would be filing an official complaint as they didn't agree with this "rule". But I mean shit, I shouldn't have to go through this just trying to vote.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Idiots at my polling station tried to refuse allowing me to vote at first. Had a drivers license which should be sufficient enough to vote (from what I understand) and they started asking for a birth certificate/proof of citizenship. Complained to the person in charge and when she questioned them, they said oh there's no proof, or that they doubt I'm a citizen and that anyone can get a drivers license. After complaining, I was eventually allowed but they said they would be filing an official complaint as they didn't agree with this "rule". But I mean shit, I shouldn't have to go through this just trying to vote.

Voted with my driver's license today, no issue. I wonder if I were weren't white if I'd run into more issues.

During a Provincial, or Municipal (I forget which) election one polling station gave my wife a tough time trying to vote with passport + cheque as she doesn't have a license.. She did it today with no problem though.

Stet

Banned

Uhh, where? That sounds super illegal.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I really can't wait until we can vote online. I get jealous of Markham voters during Municipal elections.

krae_man

I used my passport and the voting card I got in the mail and that's it. But I did remember to bring my white skin.

Edit: Official requirements

Ha ha, that apparently shouldn't have been enough. Although I did have my health card and a Bank Statement with me too so If they had pushed me I would have had what I needed.

What is this day even

The elections going on, Star Wars tickets are on sale HOLY SHIT I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT THEM RIGHT ON TIME, and this glorious Jays game

zroid

Banned
Thank god I didn't vote NDP

ZCPCx5d.png

It's a close one!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That's my brother's riding. He went from voting Conservative to not voting at all because of me. You're welcome.

Top Bottom