• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Willectro

Banned
Amazing night in Toronto. Liberal Majority, huge NDP upsets (I have an all new respect for Toronto-Danforth), Ford Nation is Liberal, Jays win, and a cool thunderstorm.

Woke up feeling pretty damn good. Liberal majority, Harper is out, Jays won, Star Wars tickets GET

Just hope this positive trend keeps up for the most part.

So much Blue in Rural Southern Ontario.

I actually clicked on a lot of those ridings to check out the voting percentages. In a lot of them, there is more combined NDP/Liberal/Green votes than Conservative votes or just about equal. So I think it's not exactly true to paint most people in those ridings as being right wing even if it is a higher percentage than in the city. Half or more of the people in those ridings voted left wing.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I actually clicked on a lot of those ridings to check out the voting percentages. In a lot of them, there is more combined NDP/Liberal/Green votes than Conservative votes or just about equal. So I think it's not exactly true to paint most people in those ridings as being right wing even if it is a higher percentage than in the city. Half or more of the people in those ridings voted left wing.

Yeah, a lot of them split their vote to the left. The whole 'strategic voting' push would've meant more liberal wins in those ridings.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm a little sad the NDP collapsed completely in Toronto, especially since it meant that asshole Adam Vaughan getting voted in.

Oh well

LevelNth

Banned
I'm a little sad the NDP collapsed completely in Toronto, especially since it meant that asshole Adam Vaughan getting voted in.

Oh well
Vaughn > Chow by a good green country mile.

She's just been outclassed twice in a row now by superior politicians/platforms. I've wanted to like her, but she's not cutting it anymore.

Sch1sm

...Did my electorial riding get shifted or something? I'm pretty sure it was Don Valley West but apparently it's Don Valley East now?

What explodet said. Boundaries changed. Scarborough was the weirdest for this one. Probably why Scarborough-Center ended up Liberal again.

Boogie

I was in the colour party on the field today for the anthems.

It was an exhilerating experience.

....please don't blame my presence for jinxing them into the loss. :-/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I was in the colour party on the field today for the anthems.

It was an exhilerating experience.

....please don't blame my presence for jinxing them into the loss. :-/

The only thing I blame you for is not pitching for them. You would have done a better job.

Anyone know info for the star wars marathon at scotiabank theatre? Have tickets gone on sale because I can't find any info on ciniplex website.

I just wonder how bad that theatre will smell after an entire day of star wars nerrrrrddds all up in there.

I just wanna go because this hot girl wants to go with me and I'm thinking there is bound to be some freaky shit that will go down while in a dark theatre for 17 hours.

My GF a world away surely will not mind.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone know info for the star wars marathon at scotiabank theatre? Have tickets gone on sale because I can't find any info on ciniplex website.

I just wonder how bad that theatre will smell after an entire day of star wars nerrrrrddds all up in there.

I just wanna go because this hot girl wants to go with me and I'm thinking there is bound to be some freaky shit that will go down while in a dark theatre for 17 hours.

I feel this entire post is thread worthy on its own.

Willectro

Banned
There will be time for everyone to get off the train at Bloor station; you don't need to push through a busy train to stand directly in front of the doors.
There will be time for everyone to get off the train at Bloor station; you don't need to push through a busy train to stand directly in front of the doors.

Every. Damn. Day.

Every. Damn. Day.

I always hate when people sitting down get up too soon and start flying around trying to walk to the door. Also on buses when people fight to get to the back of the busy bus just to stand there awkwardly. I somewhat respect them trying to make room for more people to get in but when it's full it's full. There's no seat back there. You're just going to make someone really uncomfortable by hovering your arm right above their shoulder.

Blackhead

Redarse
I always hate when people sitting down get up too soon and start flying around trying to walk to the door. Also on buses when people fight to get to the back of the busy bus just to stand there awkwardly. I somewhat respect them trying to make room for more people to get in but when it's full it's full. There's no seat back there. You're just going to make someone really uncomfortable by hovering your arm right above their shoulder.

disagree. There is always standing space, if not a spare seat, in the back of the bus. Always. But now instead of fighting through the busy bus to get to the back, I just flash my card and ask if can enter through the backdoor

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
People really should be standing in the back of the bus to make room. There's plenty of space, just take off your backpack / gigantic purse and put it between your feet. Standing the back of the bus should feel no different than standing right in front of a sitting person on a jam packed subway.

The worst are the people that bottleneck a bus, or street car because they refuse to move back. For the newer buses, it's usually at the step in the back and with the old streetcars, it's near the back doors.

Stet

Banned
People really should be standing in the back of the bus to make room. There's plenty of space, just take off your backpack / gigantic purse and put it between your feet. Standing the back of the bus should feel no different than standing right in front of a sitting person on a jam packed subway.

The worst are the people that bottleneck a bus, or street car because they refuse to move back. For the newer buses, it's usually at the step in the back and with the old streetcars, it's near the back doors.

Union Station street car. Every single person going to the RBC building (ONE STOP) gets on and just stands there, despite a huge lineup behind them.

Since we're talking about how bad people are on the TTC. God damn door crowding. God damn it. Fuck. God damn it. Especially when there's clearly more room just a bit down the aisle on the train. Look at all those bare handle bars, just looking to be touched and groped. Nope, gotta stay around these doors. This spot underneath the air conditioner makes me feel cool because I have to squeeze myself between the floor and air conditioner and it makes me feel like I'm doing a Spirit Bomb.

Fuck.

Anth0ny

yeah, I've been refreshing cineplex.com every day since tickets went on sale and I don't see shit yet.

I'd definitely only go for the original trilogy. lol @ staying up all night to watch the fucking prequels

though judging by your last two lines you might have the only legitimate reason in the world to do so

Stet

Banned
Since we're talking about how bad people are on the TTC. God damn door crowding. God damn it. Fuck. God damn it. Especially when there's clearly more room just a bit down the aisle on the train. Look at all those bare handle bars, just looking to be touched and groped. Nope, gotta stay around these doors. This spot underneath the air conditioner makes me feel cool because I have to squeeze myself between the floor and air conditioner and it makes me feel like I'm doing a Spirit Bomb.

Fuck.

"Whew, three people got off. Now I can spread out and make sure nobody else gets on."

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A side note on assholes during my usual commute;

Have people in this city become even worst with walking and side walk etiquette, or am I just imagining it?

People will walk right down the middle of the sidewalk, oblivious to anyone around them. Sometimes on their phones, sometimes just not giving a shit. It'd be great if people would walk on the right, but I don't really care which side you're on as long as you're allowing others a lane too.

Groups will walk three wide and then scowl at someone they bump them because the only other option was stepping into the road.

Basically all these people that refuse to yield any sidewalk space to others, so I've been doing a lot of shoulder bumping. I guess that makes me an asshole too?

The best part about walking a dog though is people fucking move (90% of the time) when they see a medium size black dog heading their way.

ahdurian

worse is the people who stop right in front of the doors when they're on the streetcar, and then don't move when someone needs to get off

like get your fat ass out of the way, this is my stop

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Have people in this city become even worst with walking and side walk etiquette, or am I just imagining it?

People will walk right down the middle of the sidewalk, oblivious to anyone around them. Sometimes on their phones, sometimes just not giving a shit. It'd be great if people would walk on the right, but I don't really care which side you're on as long as you're allowing others a lane too.

Groups will walk three wide and then scowl at someone they bump them because the only other option was stepping into the road.

Basically all these people that refuse to yield any sidewalk space to others, so I've been doing a lot of shoulder bumping. I guess that makes me an asshole too?

The best part about walking a dog though is people fucking move (90% of the time) when they see a medium size black dog heading their way.

Racist?

Stet

Banned
My dog isn't just black, but he also has a particularly prominent Icelandic Sheepdog smile that sometimes scares people into leaving me alone.

Sober

Unless they are handing out deodorant sticks at the front door that day the nerd stink will kill any mood.

Getting a handy in the alley beside the theatre right next to an open dumpster won't smell as bad, if you're wondering.

I mean I guess you can go fool around while they play the prequels cause Star Wars nerds won't actually show up for those but then you'll be doing whatever to the prequels, so don't say I didn't warn ya.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
BAHAHAHAHAHA I was about to say that.
I hope you're not referring to me. I'm talking about black dog syndrome (although cats suffer from it too), which is pretty widely seen at shelters, but you also can see evidence of it with how people approach and react to a black dog.
But Chewie is scared of everything...!

Colour certainly wouldn't be a factor in me adopting a dog...I'm not sure about black cats though (looks at kave_man)

Eleuin

I miss the old buses just because there was no step. People see the step and figure they can't move back any farther :/

Willectro

Banned

The seat worshipers are a whole other breed. I get those who can't stand, but there are a huge amount of people just zerging the seats because they're lazy as shit. Seat worshipers are typically the most ignorant TTC rider as they value their seat above all else.

I wasn't sure if this was just me or a global thing. I've noticed there is a huge correlation between those who walk slow and those who cannot walk straight. Makes passing them a treat. Seems the unspoken, ignorant rule is groups don't have to move for an individual.

In addition to that, I've noticed lately a lot of "bros" seem to think that moving over a bit when someone is walking towards you is a competition or a game of chicken, when really it's just common courtesy. I'm positive they think they're being alphas, but really the rest of intelligent society doesn't want to get involved in their low-class, less evolved antics. Personally I just really don't like being super close to someone when it just isn't needed. This has also occurred when holding a door for someone behind you, and they don't extend their arm and instead just walk through. I just let the door close on them now, because I'm not the doorman at the Royal York.

TL;DR: People suck, investing in black dog ASAP.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Black cats are awesome.
e37.png
:(

Top Bottom