• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Anth0ny

fyi: star wars marathon tickets are on sale for scotiabank theatre toronto

just got two tickets right in the middle of the theatre :)

shit starts at 4:45am... good luck to anyone who actually wants to get there that early and watch the prequels.

Quick

Banned

shit starts at 4:45am... good luck to anyone who actually wants to get there that early and watch the prequels.

How to quickly burn out on Star Wars. I cannot fucking do this. and I'm a big Star Wars fan.

That said, I'm not sure if I should get my tickets now, since my schedule is up in the air at that point.

Anth0ny

I literally just got back from watching BTTF 1 and 2 in one sitting at my local theatre. Felt great.

I think I've always been good at watching movies back to back/marathon without getting burnt out. Considering Empire and Star Wars are my #1 and #2 favorite movies of all time, with Jedi somewhere in the top 20, I'm certain that I can watch the Star Wars trilogy in one sitting without burn out. Also, I've never seen them in a theatre! I'm almost more excited to see the trilogy on the big screen than I am to see episode VII.

The prequels would kill me, though. No doubt. That's why I'm skipping them.

60 fucking dollars? Lol

Plus tax? Jesus Christ - though not sure why I thought it would be like $30 or something.

No thanks.

I recently marathoned all 6 in July and the episodes were painful to get through. I doubt I'd sit through them in the theatre. They'd just be a big buzz kill leading into the force awakens.

Edit: This price includes the Force Awakens which I didn't initially think of but still a bit too much plus wasting an entire day at the movies.

Sober

You probably pay for the extra swag they'd give you.

Also lol prequels early in the morning, no one is gonna watch em, poor movie theatre employees forced to come in early though...

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I was defending the captain!

Thank you for appreciating me. :D

See?

Eh, I was tempted to do this but I hate the prequels.

I just do my own marathon of the original trilogy (unedited DVDs) before I see The Force Awakens. I already have my tickets for that.

Have you guys tried out Airbnb? Any experiences you can share?
As a company they are great. No issues and customer service is very good from my experience.

In all my travels I have yet to have an issue with any of the hosts. The review system works pretty well and I have made some lifelong friends through it. Met some very great hosts.

I have a refferal link if you want you can get $25 off the first booking lol. You can find millions of these on google but I wouldn't mind if you used mine. I think I also get $25 off my next booking if you use it.

Rinoa

(sorry I am late responding)

How's it compare to JaBistro? Been like 2 years since I last went to Miku lol.

Similar aburi, I like Miku better because there is a pastry chef who makes those amazing desserts that came just for this Toronto location. I need to end meals with nice presentation in dessert.

The bottom right plate looks like you were eating the Jack in the Box mascots face.

Cake and ice cream with jellies, the plate seems to have grooves made for the dessert.

I was asking for impressions on your FB :(

There are comments on each pic + replied!

I've actually been looking for some good rich people food lately

anyone have any suggestions? I'm making a list of places to check out

miku looks god damn delicious

Places that aren't necessarily rich ppl but I find tasty: Patria, Canoe, Scaramouche, Auberge, Chase

Have you guys tried out Airbnb? Any experiences you can share?

I used airbnb once because SF is fully booked during Dreamforce, the host actually worked for Airbnb and it was amazing. (rented this place as a whole https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1042292 )

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Went to Branca, that Argentinian barbeque place on Dundas and Lansdowne yesterday and holy shit was it good.

We had the short rib, the lamb, the chicken and the skirt steak and they were all cooked perfectly. The portion sizes could certainly have been larger for how expensive it was, but you get full really quick from all the protein. The sauces were the highlight however, with both the chimichurri and the harissa being delicious, and paired very well with the meat.

I took some pictures, but it was so goddamn dark in there that they turned out kind of shit. Oh well

Went to Branca, that Argentinian barbeque place on Dundas and Lansdowne yesterday and holy shit was it good.

We had the short rib, the lamb, the chicken and the skirt steak and they were all cooked perfectly. The portion sizes could certainly have been larger for how expensive it was, but you get full really quick from all the protein. The sauces were the highlight however, with both the chimichurri and the harissa being delicious, and paired very well with the meat.

I took some pictures, but it was so goddamn dark in there that they turned out kind of shit. Oh well
This is the first restaurant post in the history of generic asian Toronto GAF that has me intrigued. Usually talk in here is about aburi, sashimi, kyukyoku and other foods no one has ever heard of.

This one though sounds good. Argentinians know meat.

Will look into this place. All of that sounds delicious.

Stet

Banned

Yeah I liked Branca. They don't have it on the menu, but they make a hell of a Toronto cocktail.

Divvy

What's a Toronto cocktail?

I am not a hard liquor drinker. I ordered the pinkest thing on the cocktail menu

It tasted like sugary gasoline

DxmxrtM.png

What'd you get? I'm sorta in the market for a new phone. I have a Galaxy Nexus, which is a 2011 phone.

Nexus 5x. Google announced this and the 6p late last month. Mine finally came in the mail. I previously had a Nexus 4 but it was getting battery and signal issues lately.

Sober

5X is too rich for my blood. I'm also not a big phone user, mostly just as phone/text/browser type use so I'll probably still be avoiding phones at the 500$ mark unless there's a good reason. Mine's just been getting really sluggish over the years but it's been getting frustratingly unresponsive these days, especially since I updated even the default google apps.

Lexxism

5X is too rich for my blood. I'm also not a big phone user, mostly just as phone/text/browser type use so I'll probably still be avoiding phones at the 500$ mark unless there's a good reason. Mine's just been getting really sluggish over the years but it's been getting frustratingly unresponsive these days, especially since I updated even the default google apps.
What's your budget? There's Moto G (3rd gen) for 249 (outright or 149 wind tab). It will probably suffice your need.

You can get just the plain Nexus 5 for very cheap now. It's IMO still a great midrange phone.

Also the Moto G series are also very affordable.

Divvy

You were right. Did you take that pic with a toaster? D:

Might give it a try though may be overkill on the meat.

It was dark as fuck, it's a miracle you can even see anything in that picture.

Can't wait for daylight savings time. This darkness by 7 pm crap is killing my day

Sober

What's your budget? There's Moto G (3rd gen) for 249 (outright or 149 wind tab). It will probably suffice your need.
Little wary about even the 3rd gen Moto G cause Canada only gets the 1GB RAM/8GB storage version. I've never had external sd cards with my phone but I don't think it'll be a deal since it's only gonna be for music/photos/etc more than apps (though I worry about having only ~4GB storage for apps) and 1 GB RAM seems a little low.

But fuck if it isn't hard to find a plain unlocked Android phone still.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It was dark as fuck, it's a miracle you can even see anything in that picture.

Can't wait for daylight savings time. This darkness by 7 pm crap is killing my day
1. There's no s, it's daylight saving time.
2. We're currently in daylight saving time. We switch back to standard time next weekend.

I thought GAs were supposed to be smart.

krae_man

Little wary about even the 3rd gen Moto G cause Canada only gets the 1GB RAM/8GB storage version. I've never had external sd cards with my phone but I don't think it'll be a deal since it's only gonna be for music/photos/etc more than apps (though I worry about having only ~4GB storage for apps) and 1 GB RAM seems a little low.

But fuck if it isn't hard to find a plain unlocked Android phone still.

Wind has a lightly loved sale now. Maybe you can find a 2nd gen Moto X or a Z3 or something.

Freakin Canadian dollar man. An iPhone is like $900 now.

Guys I'm bad with the economics but can our dollar ever improve enough that stuff like videogames start going back to reasonable prices? Has that ever happened before?

Top Bottom