• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Every opportunity given to them, literally. Oh well. It was a fun run, but it's tough to stomach when you had so many chances.

TIll next time, Toronto-gaf
wtzgU.gif

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well, there is next year, but I'm not sure the Jays are a sustainable product as they are constructed. The great year and the spending to get here though hopefully re-enforces ownership to continue to spend and bring in talent, that's where the hope is.

I'm just glad the Jays didn't go out in some lame shameful way. For once there's actually next year

Back to making fun of the Maple Leafs then.

Anth0ny

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*inhale*

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cocopuffs

Banned
Well if there's anything this series did, it turned someone who rarely ever watched baseball into a fan of both the sport and the Jays. Here's to next year.

Quick

Banned
This exactly. I've never watched so much baseball (didn't watch a lot, but still). Was cool to see the city into it.

Feels good to see the city into it all.

I remember 10 years ago or so, people barely acknowledged the Jays. When I mentioned them, people just brushed it off and talked about the Leafs or the NBA (not even specifically Raptors talk lol). Then seeing SkyDome half-full, or even dipping so low in attendance. Those were the times.

A dude on the subway started talking to me today out of the blue. (Weird I know but I have a very approachable face and some kickass new shoes everyone keeps asking me where I got them - The answer is Hush Puppies bro)

Tried being nice since I had nowhere to go.

Asked him if he saw the Jays game last night. He said no. But he had to have heard about it though, right? Yeah he says. Then he said he was watching the Toronto FC game and that it was sad the Jays had gotten all this attention over them.

Looked at him and said LOL CHILD PLEASE MLS. Got off two stops too early. Waited for next train.

What a scumbag.

Gonna talk to me bout friggen MLS after a day like yesterday. Toronto FC best player is a notch below waterboy on the Italian National Team. He cleans jockstraps k.

Go ahead and talk about the Jays.

Hurts man. This was the year. Chemistry was so good. Felt like destiny. Almost pulled it off. A base hit scores two. You go to game 7 with all the momentum in the world. Then the StroShow.

It was that close to the World Series.

I am leaving this city again most likely for good in 3 months and may never get an opportunity to feel what it was like to live in this city during this run.

Bank tellers, TTC drivers, carpenters, electricians, dishwashers, floor cleaners, lawyers, doctors, fuckin' politicians, CBC employees, principals, people who paint the lines on the fuckin' roads...just everyone saying "Go Jays Go!" as I'd walk away from them.

Every one bleeding blue and white
not THAT blue and white you losers
during these last few months.

I am legit sad.

andraia

Neo Member
Guys I'm bad with the economics but can our dollar ever improve enough that stuff like videogames start going back to reasonable prices? Has that ever happened before?
Yes, it can improve, but companies are a lot slower at lowering prices when CAD goes up than they are at raising prices when CAD goes down. Here's a 25 year chart against the USD from fxtop.com:
PjHpIq2.png

dluu13

ok I just saw what that guy did after searching on the internet, and it's not the first time that has happened. Why don't stadiums add a buffer zone between the seats and the playing field?

ahdurian

holy shit is the TTC a shit mess right now

• Multiple line mergers at random times,depending on who directed you.
  • No one watching lines to make sure people are cutting lines (which they are).
  • Waiting lines going from bus level, down two levels to track level.
  • Attendants and police standing around not even trying to control crowds, but standing around just watching the mayhem.
  • Not controlling major intersections (St.George and Keele) to ensure buses can go.
  • Buses making every single stop in between stations.
  • Over packing buses so that people that AREN'T at St.George or Keele are completely out of luck.
  • Police blocking all of one side of Bloor for Halloween parades

Anony

holy shit is the TTC a shit mess right now

• Multiple line mergers at random times,depending on who directed you.
  • No one watching lines to make sure people are cutting lines (which they are).
  • Waiting lines going from bus level, down two levels to track level.
  • Attendants and police standing around not even trying to control crowds, but standing around just watching the mayhem.
  • Not controlling major intersections (St.George and Keele) to ensure buses can go.
  • Buses making every single stop in between stations.
  • Over packing buses so that people that AREN'T at St.George or Keele are completely out of luck.
  • Police blocking all of one side of Bloor for Halloween parades

after going to hong kong and japan, you just realize how shitty and inconsiderate most of toronto's commuting people are
ttc is half the problem, the people are the other half

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The first thing I noticed when riding the various subway lines in Tokyo was there was no trash all over the place after an evening commute. Really quite clean.

Taking the bus back from the airport and boarding at Lawrence West Station, the TTC car we get on at around 8pm is just covered in Tim's cups and newspapers, among other trash. It was a good reminder.

i-Jest

The first thing I noticed when riding the various subway lines in Tokyo was there was no trash all over the place after an evening commute. Really quite clean.

Taking the bus back from the airport and boarding at Lawrence West Station, the TTC car we get on at around 8pm is just covered in Tim's cups and newspapers, among other trash. It was a good reminder.

Different cultures different values. It's my understanding Japan takes garbage and waste disposal very seriously.

after going to hong kong and japan, you just realize how shitty and inconsiderate most of toronto's commuting people are
ttc is half the problem, the people are the other half

It's crazy how clean the MTR in Hong Kong is. People over there actually respect their transit system. I'll never understand why people in North America are perfectly fine destroying their own transportation systems by leaving garbage, putting shoes ON seats, and vandalizing/destroying vehicles. Half the buses in Vancouver have taped up seats because people just keep cutting them up... like why?

dluu13

Going for a long walk and then to Pho Pasteur downtown for some Pho. Feel free to join me if you're around.

Oh wow, I've never noticed that place. How does it compare to the ones on Spadina (Pho Hung and the place across the street from it)?

I'll be around too, but I already have lunch plans. I might check it out some other time.

It's crazy how clean the MTR in Hong Kong is. People over there actually respect their transit system. I'll never understand why people in North America are perfectly fine destroying their own transportation systems by leaving garbage, putting shoes ON seats, and vandalizing/destroying vehicles. Half the buses in Vancouver have taped up seats because people just keep cutting them up... like why?

Oh god during rush hour on the skytrains, there are those free newspapers (24h, metro) all over the floor and the Canada line trains develop a weird smell as well.

Oh god during rush hour on the skytrains, there are those free newspapers (24h, metro) all over the floor and the Canada line trains develop a weird smell as well.

I actually find the TTC to be way cleaner than the Skytrain. Granted, I took the skytrain every single day for like 3 years when I worked in downtown Vancouver whereas I take TTC maybe twice a week.

On another note, went to Miku this weekend.

Thought it was great. Highly recommend the Miku signature ($36) which is a sample of 10 pieces of sushi. Loved all of them. "The Takeover" ($15) was a real nice, light cocktail too. I think the highlight for me was the dessert though. We got the warm matcha chocolate fondant ($14) which was basically a matcha lava cake with jasmine tea ice cream. It was very moist and probably one of the top 5 desserts I've had at a restaurant in Toronto so far. The ice cream actually has a lot of tea taste and IMO way better than the "HK milk tea" gelato at kekou which I thought was pretty meh.

dluu13

I actually find the TTC to be way cleaner than the Skytrain. Granted, I took the skytrain every single day for like 3 years when I worked in downtown Vancouver whereas I take TTC maybe twice a week.

I had to take the Canada Line every day for a little while to work in Richmond. Part of the problem I think is all of those free newspapers everywhere. I always took them off the train with me, but I know a lot of people would just stuff them into the side of the seats. One thing I will say though is Vancouver's transit is better than everybody gives it credit for.

ahdurian

Going for a long walk and then to Pho Pasteur downtown for some Pho. Feel free to join me if you're around.

Oh wow, I've never noticed that place. How does it compare to the ones on Spadina (Pho Hung and the place across the street from it)?

I'll be around too, but I already have lunch plans. I might check it out some other time.

I loved that place
would rather go there than Pho Hung.
Most of my friends just tend to go to Train though

I had to take the Canada Line every day for a little while to work in Richmond. Part of the problem I think is all of those free newspapers everywhere. I always took them off the train with me, but I know a lot of people would just stuff them into the side of the seats. One thing I will say though is Vancouver's transit is better than everybody gives it credit for.

Ah, Canada line isn't so bad. I lived in actual Vancouver so I took the expo line........

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
On another note, went to Miku this weekend.

Thought it was great. Highly recommend the Miku signature ($36) which is a sample of 10 pieces of sushi. Loved all of them. "The Takeover" ($15) was a real nice, light cocktail too. I think the highlight for me was the dessert though. We got the warm matcha chocolate fondant ($14) which was basically a matcha lava cake with jasmine tea ice cream. It was very moist and probably one of the top 5 desserts I've had at a restaurant in Toronto so far. The ice cream actually has a lot of tea taste and IMO way better than the "HK milk tea" gelato at kekou which I thought was pretty meh.
Fack! Need to get to this place...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I still got until the summer or so next year for when I'm hoping to move out from the mean streets of Thornhill.

Queens Quay has been enticing me and I don't know why!

Top Bottom