• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kraftwerk

So i posted something for sale on craigslist. electronic device. Perfect working condition etc.

Guy was supposed to pick it up yesterday so I waited for him, didn't come. I had some appointments today, and he said he can only pick it up today now. I told him to go pick it up from my friend since he lives by me and could grab it form my house.

Friend says the guy inspected everything for 10-15 minutes and agreed for the sale and left.

Now he is texting me how there are things missing in the box...stuff i am 100% certain were in there. And again, he went through everything for a good 10 minutes.

I tell him that and he says I am scamming him or some bullshit. Jesus christ people will do anything these days. Im not worried, as I had everything in the box, and my friend is a witness.

Just cant figure out what his end game here is. I mean, lets say hypothetically I did scam him,. just for the sake of argument. Cops wont give a shit, and the sale was for $250...so yeah. I guess he is trying to fuck with me. Sigh

tiijj

He's aiming for you to give him a "discount" since the item is not complete. Some people will just do that just to avoid the hassle of dealing with him.

Kraftwerk

He's aiming for you to give him a "discount" since the item is not complete. Some people will just do that just to avoid the hassle of dealing with him.

Well..it is complete though. He claims the charger and something else is missing...but they were in the box. My friend even said he fiddled with the charger aswell to check it over. Not sure what discount he is looking for. Im not gonna give him shit even if he hassles me. Hell, I might call the cop on him.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
In my experience selling / buying on craigslist / Kijiji, once the money exchanges hands and the product is accepted, that's it. I'd say the guy is shit out of luck and is just trying to get a discount.

On a side note.. Happy Halloween.

OeGq4Tw.png

ahdurian

Ended shift at 10pm, starting tomorrow at 7am... fffuuuu I need to find something to do this weekend other than games.

what's wrong with playing games?

That's what I'm planning to do since I just bought Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Uncharted Collection and Tales of Zestiria....

......oh god....

Renewed

I'm pretty sure there will be events around the city due to Halloween being this Saturday.

I'll find something particularly spoopy and have someone ask if I'm of legal drinking age.... it's happened before. :(

what's wrong with playing games?

That's what I'm planning to do since I just bought Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Uncharted Collection and Tales of Zestiria....

......oh god....

I'm waiting for that fabled downtime where I can blitz through a bunch of games. Literally buying more than I can play at this point thanks to E3 sales.

Willectro

Banned
Well..it is complete though. He claims the charger and something else is missing...but they were in the box. My friend even said he fiddled with the charger aswell to check it over. Not sure what discount he is looking for. Im not gonna give him shit even if he hassles me. Hell, I might call the cop on him.

I wouldn't even respond or entertain this shit. Golden rule (on his part) on kijiji is to not buy something unless you can afford to lose the money. Hence, buyer beware. Fuck people too.

In my experience selling / buying on craigslist / Kijiji, once the money exchanges hands and the product is accepted, that's it. I'd say the guy is shit out of luck and is just trying to get a discount.

On a side note.. Happy Halloween.

OeGq4Tw.png

Smashing that pumpkin would be glorious.

I hope I won't be fucked tomorrow morning. I have a mid term at 8AM and I'm not looking forward to the wide distance between my apartment and Eglinton station.

dluu13

I live in a basement apt.

... I hope you have good plumbing. My parent's house in Vancouver flooded way back in 2005 during heavy rainfall. We just happen to live in a small valley too. We were lucky to only have flooded once, because some of the houses around mine flooded three times. Government finally got the hint and upgraded the sewers in the area after the third time.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If it's anything like the last super rain storm we had a few years ago during the Summer, multiple sections of the city will be without power for days as transformer stations flood.

soultron

Banned
http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on61#191751671131143628201510270503

"Rainfall amounts of 45 to 55 millimetres are expected"

Yo that's not a lot right... Right? It only seems like a lot cause it's in mm? Fuck
Considering the fact that when 50mm or more is expected in a single day that it requires Environment Canada to issue warnings, I'd say it's a cause for mild concern. Nothing major, just be aware of it and plan your return trip home from work accordingly.

dluu13

If it's anything like the last super rain storm we had a few years ago during the Summer, multiple sections of the city will be without power for days as transformer stations flood.

My work had some extensive construction done to supposedly help with drainage during rain storms. Hopefully it was effective.

Willectro

Banned
I've noticed on r/Toronto in the last couple months that many people (maybe legit, maybe assholes) complained that taxis smell and are dirty, when comparing them to Uber.

So last night I'm taking an Uber and when I initially get in the car it appears to have just been detailed and smells like some type of generic, flowery air freshener. The trip took about 20 minutes and I didn't really notice the smell too much as a window was cracked. An hour later a friend asked me why I stunk like air freshner. I smelled my shirt and noticed that he was right, I smelled like the damn car. Is there no happy medium? lol

I just hope ttc doesn't fuck me....bout to leave soon.

I'm a bit worried about the subway on the way home. Hopefully there isn't any flooding.
There will be.

So I did my midterm and had to go back home to get my notebook

While walking home suddenly the winds started REALLY picking up and there was like this fucking torrent or wave of rain that came crashing down and just anhillated everyone with an umbrella. It lasted probably like 10 seconds before receding. My pants, underwear socks, and shoes are all TOTALLY soaked. I need to change clothes before I got out again. Fuck.

N° 2048

Holy shit how ignorant are landlords?

My downspout has been crushed and sealed for the past four years and they always ignore my requests.

I finally decided to give them until the end of Nov or else I go to the LTB and send them the bill for the repair.

I hate threatening people but enough is enough. It's a basic repair.

dluu13

So I did my midterm and had to go back home to get my notebook

While walking home suddenly the winds started REALLY picking up and there was like this fucking torrent or wave of rain that came crashing down and just anhillated everyone with an umbrella. It lasted probably like 10 seconds before receding. My pants, underwear socks, and shoes are all TOTALLY soaked. I need to change clothes before I got out again. Fuck.
Guess I won't bring an umbrella today then...

Top Bottom