• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Quick

Banned
lol was talking to someone and was told i wasn't really from "toronto" cause i reside in north york. ok there bro.

On that note, it has always bothered me that drivers licenses are inconsistent when it comes to the addresses in the City of Toronto.

I've seen licenses from people on the same street, and one states "123 Anywhere Street, Toronto, ON" while the other would be "124 Anywhere Street, North York, ON".

I wish Service Ontario actually corrects these.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
On that note, it has always bothered me that drivers licenses are inconsistent when it comes to the addresses in the City of Toronto.

I've seen licenses from people on the same street, and one states "123 Anywhere Street, Toronto, ON" while the other would be "124 Anywhere Street, North York, ON".

I wish Service Ontario actually corrects these.

I live on the mean streets of Thornhill. I get mail with my city being Thornhill, Concord, Vaughan, and Markham.

I've just accepted it at this point.

soultron

Banned
Damn this weak body. Can't do gaming marathons anymore.

Same. Hell, I can't even stay awake until 1 or 2 in the morning anymore. Tried to stay up playing FO4 last night once it unlocked and only made it to the point where you get out of the vault, which is like 30 minutes in. :(

Even after starting work full time and waking up at 6:30 in the morning I could easily stay awake till 3am on any given night. In fact I have to force myself not to.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I had to stay up til 6am for work today and woke up at 8:30 for more work

Being an adult fucking sucks

You all just need more gamer fuel

I'm ready lol

LEpyrmf.jpg

Anth0ny

Even after starting work full time and waking up at 6:30 in the morning I could easily stay awake till 3am on any given night. In fact I have to force myself not to.

I notice I get tired at work

I get tired when I come home from work

I get tired at around 11PM

but then from 11:30 to 3AM I'm wide fucking awake

people ask me why I don't try to fix my sleep schedule

JGjH9Cs.jpg

I feel like Yonge & Eglinton and all the blocks around it are just being completely fucking uprooted now. The amount of sidewalks being ripped out for whatever reason is making me confused as to which side of the street I should walk. They're even adding a new intersection at that intersection where Duke of Kent is.

I notice I get tired at work

I get tired when I come home from work

I get tired at around 11PM

but then from 11:30 to 3AM I'm wide fucking awake

people ask me why I don't try to fix my sleep schedule

JGjH9Cs.jpg

This. This is my life right now. Enhanced by coffee and Diet Coke.

It's actually quite productive and relaxing for me. Because I can go on for longer days (while slowly dying at work/school) I have more than enough time to easily balance video games and homework. It's okay, I didn't need my youth for much anyway. The positives of only needing 4-5 hours of sleep to function

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I used to get super tired around 5-6pm and tell myself I'd be going to bed early. Then I'd get home and get a burst of energy so I'd stay up later than I should.

In the past couple of years, I've taken more naps than ever have. When I do, I set an alarm so they don't turn into sleeps.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I used to get super tired around 5-6pm and tell myself I'd be going to bed early. Then I'd get home and get a burst of energy so I'd stay up later than I should.

In the past couple of years, I've taken more naps than ever have. When I do, I set an alarm so they don't turn into sleeps.

I have the amazing gift of not not being able to nap for long. When I get home from work, I'll go for a nap and it'll be like 15-20 minutes. I'll turn on an episode of a typical half hour show and I'll wake up before it's over.

It's never really had an effect on me being able to get to sleep at night either, thankfully./

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I don't understand people who can just wake up in the morning and not feel like total dogshit. My wife can just get up and be bright and cheery, while I feel like Han being released from carbonite everyday. It takes me like an hour to get my mind in order every morning.

fuck mornings really

cocopuffs

Banned
I don't understand people who can just wake up in the morning and not feel like total dogshit. My wife can just get up and be bright and cheery, while I feel like Han being release from carbonite everyday. It takes me like an hour to get my mind in order every morning.

fuck mornings really
sleeping too much makes me feel like shit in the morning.

sleeping too little makes me feel like shit in the morning.

there's no solution, mornings suck.

explodet

Normally I can get my ass out of bed when I need to, but it gets harder when the cold weather comes.

I woke up at 5:30am this morning by accident, and decided to play video games until I had to go to work, just because I knew I had the time to myself. I'm not doing so hot right now, but that's what the coffee is for.

Quadratic

Wow, I guess I'm the opposite of you guys.

I wake up every day at 5:30am and I start work at 8am daily to 3:30pm. I used to do evenings but I vastly prefer these morning shifts.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't understand people who can just wake up in the morning and not feel like total dogshit. My wife can just get up and be bright and cheery, while I feel like Han being released from carbonite everyday. It takes me like an hour to get my mind in order every morning.

fuck mornings really

I'm guilty! I wake up on a dime every morning at 7am. The most I dawdle is a few minutes where I check my phone to see if anything big happened while I slept.

I'm still going strong having not taken even a sip of coffee in my life.

Renewed

Cars stop past the line too much today, c'mon. Lemme cross without worrying about getting hit. :(

I'm guilty! I wake up on a dime every morning at 7am. The most I dawdle is a few minutes where I check my phone to see if anything big happened while I slept.

I'm still going strong having not taken even a sip of coffee in my life.

I can't take coffee either, and I wake up just fine. Back when I used to share a bunk with my brother I'd be pumped and wake up to hit my head on the upper bunk. Too much energy for my own good!

Anth0ny

I had my first coffee two weeks ago. Was shaking. It was pretty awesome to feel so alert and awake but I don't want to become dependent on that stuff. I know people who smash two coffees a day and still look like this at all times

ltr5k.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Now that it's free at work, I have 4-5 cups per day (up from 2-3). It doesn't give me a buzz, or high at all, it's simply what I need to drink to so I don't get withdrawal.

Having gone cold turkey off coffee for 4 months though, the first cup back is amazing.

I never have a problem getting up in the morning. If I haven't slept well, or much, that fact won't catch up to me until like three or four hours later. Which usually means I end up using my lunch break to nap.

Now I'm working the graveyard shift though so all bets are off, although I did actually manage to sleep well today (from roughly 8:30am to 4:30pm, almost exactly 8 hours). Getting regular sleep is usually a struggle on this schedule. I've been so worn out and exhausted at work sometimes I've actually been sleepwalking(working?) which I've never experienced before in my life. That's something rare that has only ever happened twice, though, thankfully.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Wow, I guess I'm the opposite of you guys.

I wake up every day at 5:30am and I start work at 8am daily to 3:30pm. I used to do evenings but I vastly prefer these morning shifts.
Same. I'm up at 5am and start work at 7. I kinda wish we were allowed to start earlier just so I could drive home in less traffic.

cocopuffs

Banned
I had my first coffee two weeks ago. Was shaking. It was pretty awesome to feel so alert and awake but I don't want to become dependent on that stuff. I know people who smash two coffees a day and still look like this at all times

http://abload.de/img/ltr5k.jpg[/Im][/QUOTE]
first????

coffee literally does nothing to me anymore anyhow, i just drink it because like evilmario said, the withdrawal effects suck plus i like how it tastes.

Quick

Banned
I rarely drink coffee, but when I do, it's either I feel a bit of a boost or I don't. Guess there are factors involved in making sure it works for me or not.

I also drink it black when I do. Adding anything just makes it taste worse.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well this ones new. The TTC will be stopping for 2 minutes of silence at 11AM tomorrow for Remembrance Day

http://www.ttc.ca/News/2015/November/1110_remembrance_day.jsp
I'll take the low hanging fruit..,

Must be Remembrance Day for the TTC everyday.

I never wake up fully rested on account of the beetus messing with my sleep. I'll either wake up at the worst time to go to the washroom or wake up an hour before I normally get up so I'm stuck between nap or just get up.

I drink several types of cinnamon tea to help regular the ol glucose though I'll have the occasional latte or cappuccino as well. I try to avoid my mochas now and all those syrupy specialty drinks that cost way too much for what you get. Though at the other end of the spectrum, I'll never get a double double again. Holy fuck I was wired and in shock all fucking day the last time I had it.

Goddamn this weak body...just can't stay up and shoot more things...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BigJ, Alpha did you guys not have any cable/internet working this morning?

Woke up and my cable wasn't working at all. :(

Top Bottom