• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Quick

Banned
OH MY GOOOD THE TTC BROKE AND I HAVE AN EXAM IN AN HOUR FUCK

Currently walking to downtown from Yonge and Eglinton. Oh God what did I do go deserve this. No Uber or taxis in sight either

Can't you send an Uber your way via the app? You don't call them from the street, right?

Can't you send an Uber your way via the app? You don't call them from the street, right?
Currently at Davisville and it says no nearby Ubers. I'm hoping that the trains start running by the time I hit Summerhill

Apparently a dog or something is involved at Davisville. Jesus Christ why today why now

Sober

OH MY GOOOD THE TTC BROKE AND I HAVE AN EXAM IN AN HOUR FUCK

Currently walking to downtown from Yonge and Eglinton. Oh God what did I do go deserve this. No Uber or taxis in sight either
Wow fuck the TTC, jesus christ. Good luck man. Shit is nasty when it happens.

There isn't even any snow on the ground.

Sober

Wake up at 7am, leave the house by 9am. Shower the night before, work out and dog walk in the morning, eating up most of my time. Don't have any coffee until I'm into work. Sleep by 11pm, or I'm a zombie the next day.
I love (read: hate) shift work sometimes. This week - tonight - I have to work from 4pm to midnight, then I have to basically get home, shower then sleep almost immediately to be awake enough for a shift that starts at 9am tomorrow, which means I usually wake up at 7am.

Also I just started 2 jobs at about the same time to scheduling is gonna be so much fun to figure out.

Preferably I want my 6 hours though on a work night but I can survive on 5 or even 4 but not on a regular basis.

I'm usually at odds with most of my friends on vacations because they want to sleep in until noon while I'm up and atom at 8am.

This is me. Most of my friends start work at 10-11am so they have no problem staying up till the wee hours then sleeping in till 1 or 2. I can't do it and feel like I've wasted the whole day since I get up at 5am for work everyday.

Went to bed at 430am Sunday morning after an xmas party and got back up at 8am Couldn't stand sleeping in any longer.

I killed that exam, so easy. But then on the train back I got stuck at Davisville for like 10-15 minutes, as the train slowly crawled towards Eglinton. Just... Well, fuck you too TTC. No notice, no alert, just general TTC bullshit, at least I was stuck in a place with phone signal. God I just want to crawl into my bed and die now

Least you guys are getting some sleep.

I've been tossing and turning and then wake up at 4 am and have to try to get rest for another 3 1/2 hours.

Not sure what's going on if it's stress from this job or the beetus
I'm the same way. It's on and off. On a lot of nights I'll be tossing and turning every 20 minutes. On weekends it goes away for the most part. I'm sure it's something in the back of my nagging mind.

Geez...you know you're tired when you try to open the front door of your house with a subway token...

I do a thing in the early morning where I mistake my building entry key-card for my metropass, swipe it, get bodied in the gut by the turnstile, and then realize "wait fuck what the fuck am I doing jesus"

Dr.Acula

Banned
http://www.cineplex.com/Showtimes/any-movie/cineplex-cinemas-varsity-and-vip?Date=12/25/2015

Hateful Eight 70mm tix are up! Just got mine.

Only 4 theatres in Canada have the 70mm version (one in Toronto, one in Vancouver, two in Montreal), which is ~6 minutes longer and features alternate cuts, and overture, and an intermission.

Running time of the Road Show version:
• 3 hours, 7 minutes (187 mins) 70mm version with 3 min 48 sec overture, including 12 min intermission
• 2 hours 55 minutes (175 mins) normal DCP Version without intermission

Wide release run time
• 2 hours 47 minutes (167 mins)

jokkir

Just saw this. I assume it's bad....?

An image:
uUTIXE3.png

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
And nothing will happen until a gigantic expose exposing everything bad about it and it gets media attention comes to light because Canadians are pretty passive until something smacks them in the face.

What...?

These companies own and run the media...?

Fuck...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
And nothing will happen until a gigantic expose exposing everything bad about it and it gets media attention comes to light because Canadians are pretty passive until something smacks them in the face.

What...?

These companies own and run the media...?

Fuck...

Something almost happened that one time but then they used our weakness against us:

Pointing out a competitor was American. Ooooohhhh we hate that!

Sober

Surprisingly despite starting 2 retail jobs recently I have this weekend off.

So I would like to see Star Wars but opening weekend would be :lol regardless.

krae_man

Super sad about wind. I gotta figure out a way to keep unlimited US roaming if they ever get rid of it. That shit is Boss on trips.

I don't want the $50 plan now and my tab is too big to switch anyway.

dluu13

Everybody who likes or is interested in classical music should check out this site:
http://tsoundcheck.tso.ca/

Toronto Symphony Orchestra will release greatly reduced price tickets ($16) about a week before their concerts for people between the ages of 15-35. The great thing is that you can bring a friend, and only one of you has to be in that age range. I've seen five of their shows that way and it's a great show each time. The only downside is that your exact seating is somewhat up to chance because they are just selling leftovers. However, it's still possible to get awesome seats. The only place I've seen that is consistently unavailable is the centre mezzanine.

yyzjohn

Banned
Love, love, LOVE this warm weather. Looked at the long range forecast and it seems we'll be over zero on Jan 1, 2016. Oh yes my lovelies, oh yes, we'll have this winter beat in no time.

Love, love, LOVE this warm weather. Looked at the long range forecast and it seems we'll be over zero on Jan 1, 2016. Oh yes my lovelies, oh yes, we'll have this winter beat in no time.

Count me in. I hate winter.

Unfortunately a winter with a late start usually means it hangs on far too long.

This month's been the equivalent of it never going above 10 degrees in July. It's not normal and I really don't think it's something we should be happy about. I really don't know why meteorologists on TV are happy about it, either. They're supposed to be scientists.

cocopuffs

Banned
Yeah it's kinda worrying. Weather is way too warm for mid-December, and above 0 on the first of January? I was going to buy a new winter jacket but honestly my fall jacket has been working fine.

Plus hey I like snow. :(

Zynx

This month's been the equivalent of it never going above 10 degrees in July. It's not normal and I really don't think it's something we should be happy about. I really don't know why meteorologists on TV are happy about it, either. They're supposed to be scientists.

Are they? I thought of them more like TV "reporters" - just presenting the information they've gotten from other sources.

I bought a new winter jacket which is actually unreasonable to wear now unless I seriously just wear a thin shirt underneath. Bless and damn you El Nino!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Someone was telling me there was gonna be snow? Good to know more warmth.

yyzjohn

Banned

Nobody cares if you don't like it.

Someone was telling me there was gonna be snow? Good to know more warmth.

Probably some warm weather hater just trying to feel good about himself. Revel in this weather man. In fact, tell him to go to Edmonton, it feels like -19 there right now. Go son!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
#TeamSummer in 50 years when the earth is experiencing all sorts of environmental disaster, bringing humanity to its knees and causing massive wars over resources:

XruFVvb.png

#TeamSummer in 50 years when the earth is experiencing all sorts of environmental disaster, bringing humanity to its knees and causing massive wars over resources:

XruFVvb.png

This is fine. It isn't such a bad way to go. At least I'll be in comfortable shorts and a short-sleeve shirt instead of freezing my ass off miserable and cold

dluu13

I'm liking the warm weather, but it's definitely not normal. I walked my friend all the way to the subway station on Monday night wearing only jeans and a t-shirt.

Top Bottom