• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kraftwerk

Hadn't gone to zakushi in a while. Kinda disappointed at some of the stuff they have changed. Such as the hot towels, the beer combos, items not being on menu and alight price increase. All of these are small changes, but it affected my enjoyment overall.

Will still recommend the place. Just an observation I had after going back.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
jg9543M.jpg

You go back to your igloo!

Hadn't gone to zakushi in a while. Kinda disappointed at some of the stuff they have changed. Such as the hot towels, the beer combos, items not being on menu and alight price increase. All of these are small changes, but it affected my enjoyment overall.

Will still recommend the place. Just an observation I had after going back.
So, no hot towels...?
Beer combos more expensive or different items?
Which missing items?
Price increase is a given considering they're always full as fuck. Not sure any other place in the city is comparable unfortunately.

Kraftwerk

So, no hot towels...?
Beer combos more expensive or different items?
Which missing items?
Price increase is a given considering they're always full as fuck. Not sure any other place in the city is comparable unfortunately.

Yeah. Beer combo was more expensive and they dont even give you the tuna anymore :(

Again, overall small changes, but together it became noticeable.

soultron

Banned
Went to Broncos (Strachan & Adelaide) last night. Good beer menu and simple slider offerings. Pretty tasty.

Had the Skinny Dipping oatmeal stout. So good.
Jerk chicken, buffalo fried chicken, fish taco, and cheeseburger sliders.

I'd definitely go again. It's a good little snack-bar style experience. Sliders go for 3-5$ and the beer ranges in price. It's a nice quiet spot too.

Check it out if you have the chance.

explodet

I'm pretty glad I don't have a single pang of desire for VR. I need to save my money for all those AAA games that eventually hit $20.

Although I guess it's now $25-$30 thanks to the crappy CAD.

Azih

If we go to the States for Holidays this year it's going to be a total ghetto crash with family style vacation that's for sure.

Mupod

Looks like the old 2500k is going to have to last another year.

At least I have every single upcoming game I want preordered, except Persona 5.

dluu13

Went to Broncos (Strachan & Adelaide) last night. Good beer menu and simple slider offerings. Pretty tasty.

Had the Skinny Dipping oatmeal stout. So good.
Jerk chicken, buffalo fried chicken, fish taco, and cheeseburger sliders.

I'd definitely go again. It's a good little snack-bar style experience. Sliders go for 3-5$ and the beer ranges in price. It's a nice quiet spot too.

Check it out if you have the chance.

Speaking of bars, I only first tried Village Idiot and Sin and Redemption on the corner of McCaul and Dundas a few weeks ago. They're also pretty quiet, but that may have been the nights I went. They serve a whole ton of import beers so that was nice.

Speaking of bars, I only first tried Village Idiot and Sin and Redemption on the corner of McCaul and Dundas a few weeks ago. They're also pretty quiet, but that may have been the nights I went. They serve a whole ton of import beers so that was nice.

Yeah, they have good beer menus, particularly if you're a fan of Belgian beer. I'm not sure how reliably they have it in stock, but when my brother and I went to Village Idiot a year ago they even had the Westvleteren XII.

dluu13

Yeah, they have good beer menus, particularly if you're a fan of Belgian beer. I'm not sure how reliably they have it in stock, but when my brother and I went to Village Idiot a year ago they even had the Westvleteren XII.

There were a few things that we tried to get that weren't in stock, but even then there were still a bunch of things to try.

My friend was looking for Westvleteren 12, which was why we went but they said that beer is no longer being exported...

I've been working 8 hours in the office and 5 hours at home since October. I can't wait for this project to end. Gonna just drink and take drugs non-stop for a month brehs.

Quick

Banned
I've been working 8 hours in the office and 5 hours at home since October. I can't wait for this project to end. Gonna just drink and take drugs non-stop for a month brehs.

I don't work as many hours, but I do work six days a week. The grind is slowly getting to me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I kinds think the world governments are tanking oil prices to try and bankrupt Putin.
Well, it didn't help Harper out a lot of money into our oil industry...which is bullshit since he worked for them.
We'll make it back to $60 games one day.

One day.
If we switch over to the American currency, sure :(
There were a few things that we tried to get that weren't in stock, but even then there were still a bunch of things to try.

My friend was looking for Westvleteren 12, which was why we went but they said that beer is no longer being exported...
I've had it and besides saying you've had it (it was 40 dollars), there are much better beers out there.
#fordformayor

I don't work as many hours, but I do work six days a week. The grind is slowly getting to me.

I guess I shouldn't complain when I work a regular shift M-F 9-5 with a great boss and was able to work from home over the holidays where I spent most of it online playing Rocket League with said boss. I still hate the travel since I rely on TTC and this company is so broken...

Quick

Banned
I guess I shouldn't complain when I work a regular shift M-F 9-5 with a great boss and was able to work from home over the holidays where I spent most of it online playing Rocket League with said boss. I still hate the travel since I rely on TTC and this company is so broken...

I generally don't mind my job, but for as routine as it is, some stupid shit just happens with paperwork and all. I felt the grind hard in December. Not just because it was almost time for the holidays, but because everything stupid was happening.

I have good hours, I'll be honest. Six days, but not 9-5 - pretty sure that's illegal anyway. It pays well enough, I guess.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm pretty glad I don't have a single pang of desire for VR. I need to save my money for all those AAA games that eventually hit $20.

Although I guess it's now $25-$30 thanks to the crappy CAD.

500 is a ludicrous price.

I was interested but I'm not willing to pay anywhere near that.

Guess I'll wait and see how much PSVR costs. Though I've heard some interesting leaks about new PS4 hardware for VR.

I actually don't mind being busy. I did 8 months as an analyst for the federal government and I probably did 2 hours of work in a week. It was harder for me to figure out which sites I was going to visit for the entire day than it was to do my job.

Mupod

I'm really happy that I was able to find something that doesn't require me to use the TTC, just a 10-15 minute drive. My car had some brake issues in the third week or so and I was shocked at how my travel times went up over an hour and a half + double fares because I work across from the airport.

And GAF meetups, well, there's a reason I've been late to every single one.

But hey, at least there is transit. Where I'm from there was literally nothing. Your best bet was to drive 15 minutes a place where you could take a transcab to catch a bus to Sudbury that comes once every 4 hours.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really happy that I was able to find something that doesn't require me to use the TTC, just a 10-15 minute drive. My car had some brake issues in the third week or so and I was shocked at how my travel times went up over an hour and a half + double fares because I work across from the airport.

And GAF meetups, well, there's a reason I've been late to every single one.

But hey, at least there is transit. Where I'm from there was literally nothing. Your best bet was to drive 15 minutes a place where you could take a transcab to catch a bus to Sudbury that comes once every 4 hours.
The bigger a city becomes, the more solid a public transportation system it needs (Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong). There are still cars around, but it's MUCH more convenient and faster to take transit. I'm not sure if Toronto will ever become that reliant on the TTC though...especially with the strike happy and crappy Union they have here.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm not sure if Toronto will ever become that reliant on the TTC though...especially with the strike happy and crappy Union they have here.
The TTC is an essential service so they can't strike. If they win their fight in court (pretty sure that's still happening) then that'll change.

I'm in a bizarre universe where I cannot buy tickets for an event taking place at the fucking Galleria Mall. When can I wake up? When can I go home?

Galleria Mall.

I would go there every other weekend as a kid. My mom would buy me a video game from Towers or that shady electronics store right beside Towers.

Good memories.

Top Bottom