• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Anony

man, it's raining right now and it's jan 8
this weather is so unnatural

but

in 5-10 years, this is probably going to be the normal weather due to climate change
it's fucking mind boggling thinking about

ahdurian

Are they a chain? I've only been to the one on Queen.

one at Queen/McCaul, one at Yonge/Gerrard, and one at Yonge/Bloor

Never really my liking. If I was going for KBBQ in the downtown core, I'd usually prefer "Grill Time" at Yonge/College. $2 cheaper and the meat was marinated a lot better

dluu13

one at Queen/McCaul, one at Yonge/Gerrard, and one at Yonge/Bloor

Never really my liking. If I was going for KBBQ in the downtown core, I'd usually prefer "Grill Time" at Yonge/College. $2 cheaper and the meat was marinated a lot better

According to google, that one is permanently closed :(
I guess I won't be able to try that one.

ahdurian

According to google, that one is permanently closed :(
I guess I won't be able to try that one.

Grill Time?

Yeah, they' closed down almost everything on that side of the street on the block, since I think they're building another condo there. sad really. it was so good.

yyzjohn

Banned
man, it's raining right now and it's jan 8
this weather is so unnatural

but

in 5-10 years, this is probably going to be the normal weather due to climate change
it's fucking mind boggling thinking about

You're saying I should sell my snow thrower while I still can?

84ma0oY.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It was nice to see the return of some old faces that had been MIA for a while and some new people too. Pretty sure everyone that attended for a prize, right? krae confirmed best meetup organizer.

krae_man

Oh god, how did it go from 7 degrees, calm and raining to -10, snowing and 80kph wind gusts in 3 hours?

I only have a spring jacket on. My bus was 10 minutes late and I was welcoming death.

N° 2048

Oh god, how did it go from 7 degrees, calm and raining to -10, snowing and 80kph wind gusts in 3 hours?

I only have a spring jacket on. My bus was 10 minutes late and I was welcoming death.

bahaha I just txted this to my gf too:
ah Toronto, the only city that it can rain, be sunny and snow in the same fucking day lol

dluu13

I know, I had just gotten home from lunch not long ago before this craziness started. The snow doesn't seem to be sticking though.

Sober

Kuro please post if you're okay.

If not I assume the weather killed you and therefore we need to celebrate our victory.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
We're planning a Japan trip for the fall

At this rate, we'll just go to Uncle Tetsu's downtown instead

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah, dollar isn't fun times right now.

There'll reach a point where the dollar will be so low that people will start investing back into Canada because of how cheap the dollar is and then it'll bounce back up.

I hate to say it, but 0.85-0.87 is the sweet spot.

ahdurian

yeah, i was supposed to go to Singapore for a wedding at the end of March, and then go to Japan to visit my brother, his wife and my new niece

guess it's all out of the question now

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
We're planning a Japan trip for the fall

At this rate, we'll just go to Uncle Tetsu's downtown instead
Lol I think even Uncle Tetsu is feeling it. Could be they're more efficient or just fewer customers but it's definitely not an hour plus wait anymore. Maybe winter will scare a few more folks off.
I was planning a Korea or Japan trip for next year. Uh... Guess that ain't happening. I guess I'll go visit Montreal or that other place Vancouver and see what's up over there.
Montreal can be cheap if you drive, bus, or take the train there. I prefer Via since it drops you off right in the middle of downtown within walking distance of most of the big restaurants and it's easy to get to old port as well.
Yeah, dollar isn't fun times right now.

There'll reach a point where the dollar will be so low that people will start investing back into Canada because of how cheap the dollar is and then it'll bounce back up.

I hate to say it, but 0.85-0.87 is the sweet spot.
I'm not so sure about that. Lot of people seem to be too wary to spend money let alone invest. Jobs are being cut, and I'm not sure I see people opening up factories here.
I was also planning a trip to Japan. Less inclined to leave the country now, tbh.
Yeah. Same with me. Besides Japan, I'm not sure where I'd want to go. Europe and America seem too costly.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Lol I think even Uncle Tetsu is feeling it. Could be they're more efficient or just fewer customers but it's definitely not an hour plus wait anymore. Maybe winter will scare a few more folks off.

Montreal can be cheap if you drive, bus, or take the train there. I prefer Via since it drops you off right in the middle of downtown within walking distance of most of the big restaurants and it's easy to get to old port as well.

I'm not so sure about that. Lot of people seem to be too wary to spend money let alone invest. Jobs are being cut, and I'm not sure I see people opening up factories here.

Yeah. Same with me. Besides Japan, I'm not sure where I'd want to go. Europe and America seem too costly.

Iceland is really great place to visit,cheap to fly to and stay in. The food is expensive though.

At least my plan to buy a condo this year won't be affected by this. :)
Can you wait a year? My prediction is that in 2017 the Canadian housing market takes a stumble. It will hold ok in 2016. I know what I'm talking about - I watched The Big Short.

There are still countries doing decent versus the Canadian dollar for vacations, but gotta look at south america like Brazil.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Where you at, brah?

I won't really begin the whole process until about March/April when I go to the banks and shit and probably won't start looking for a place until August but as of now looking at Queens Quay area, I've been enamored with it.

But all that can change with one open house visit I'm sure.

dluu13

I've been to Vietnam a bunch of times with my parents. Everything is super cheap there. The problem is that unless we are in the Chinese districts, I'm basically lost cause I can't speak Vietnamese.

Anth0ny

Cheapest ticket for NBA All Star Saturday night I can find on resale sites is $540

+ $140 in fees

and that's for the 300s

and that's all in american dollars

the dream is dead. ever since I was a kid I always wanted to go to the all star game when it came to toronto. but I can't justify these fucked up prices. I guess I always figured I'd be a rich white businessman by the time the all star game came to toronto. what a shame. I kinda doubt they'll ever come back to Toronto, too :p

Brinbe

The 3-pt shootout/dunk contest and the ASG are all usually a bore, so you won't miss out. I bought a pair of tix for 30 each to the rising stars game on Friday and that's usually a much better watch. Can see Wiggins and Porzingis dunk all over team USA. Try to get tix to that if you can =)

Azih

I'm really thinking hanging around the ACC will be way more of a fun time then going into the building. Toronto's got a pretty good "hang around outside to watch shit" culture going.

Top Bottom