• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Divvy

Gonna get Peking duck tomorrow

aXHJP5M.gif

Spl1nter

Lets go to Phil's in Waterloo, if it still exists

Talk about grimy. Some good times have been had at phils. But no matter what you feel dirty when you leave.

Stickiest floors ever and those dancing poles.....

I would consider it a fucking institution for Laurier and UW. Of course it's is still around.

Kraftwerk

Man. The school system is such a scam.

Just to apply for one school is 250. Plus additional costs of printing my work and giving it to them since they don't want it digitally. So in total it will cost me 400 to apply to one school, and no refunds, and I might not get in.

Also, not to shit on the colleges. Why is Sheridan and Humber the same price as ryerson? I mean. You would think a smaller college would be cheaper than one of the bigger universities. But nope, same price. Bizzare.

dluu13

Just to apply for one school is 250. Plus additional costs of printing my work and giving it to them since they don't want it digitally. So in total it will cost me 400 to apply to one school, and no refunds, and I might not get in.

Also, not to shit on the colleges. Why is Sheridan and Humber the same price as ryerson? I mean. You would think a smaller college would be cheaper than one of the bigger universities. But nope, same price. Bizzare.

That's crazy. Has it gone up? I remember back in late 2013-early 2014 when I was applying, it was either UBC or UofT that was only $90. It may have been $110, but definitely not $250.

Divvy

Sheridan is a university now and it's grown pretty big. It's pretty comparable to Ryerson.

Quadratic

Sheridan is a university now and it's grown pretty big. It's pretty comparable to Ryerson.

I had 3 friends got to Sheridan for animation and it's a very competitive and prestigious program. They all came out successful. One works at ILM and the others are self employed.

Sober

Had Harvey's today, don't think I ever had it before.

Wasn't that special. Feel like I should've had something else though.

zorbsie

Was in Windsor this weekend. Went to Motor Burger. Good burger, great poutine. Anyone else try that place? I would rank it high up there with Toronto burger places. Also they brew their own beer. We need a burger joint that makes it's own beer.

Divvy

I had 3 friends got to Sheridan for animation and it's a very competitive and prestigious program. They all came out successful. One works at ILM and the others are self employed.

That's the program I came out of too

Working on Disney shows now

Although the program was slowly going to shit before I graduated

soultron

Banned
Whoa, Sheridan is a university now? Damn. I always wanted to go there for illustration (and then animation) before my dad forced me to study engineering at McMaster. Still hope that if I win the lottery I can retire early and become a student there.

zroid

Banned
about how many rows back should you sit to get the best view in a Cineplex VIP theatre? Last time I went to VIP screening was years ago, can't remember how it's set up.

Quick

Banned
about how many rows back should you sit to get the best view in a Cineplex VIP theatre? Last time I went to VIP screening was years ago, can't remember how it's set up.

Sit either at the middle or the top. I sat at the top, and had a good view.

I was at the Don Mills location, and views don't seem to be a major issue, since the theatre's tightly packed (less seating, so there's no need for a wider space. Front seats have a recliner, so people can see properly.

zroid

Banned
Sit either at the middle or the top. I sat at the top, and had a good view.

I was at the Don Mills location, and views don't seem to be a major issue, since the theatre's tightly packed (less seating, so there's no need for a wider space.

ok cool :D

will try to get something near the back then

ahdurian

same

really annoyed at my work at the moment. they're changing a lot of the procedures and our workload is increasing to meet with the regulations that are being put on the bank.so what normally could take us a week, we have to get done in a day or so, otherwise it gets escalated to our department's director and/or vp.
coming back from a 2 day sick leave+ weekend, I knew that my coworkers weren't going to cover any of my work since they're jackasses when it comes to that. If they're away, i always at least try to make time to help out with their backlog. whenever I'm away though, they complain they're "too busy" to even try.
on top that of that, we got a new employee on Monday, and my managers asked me to train her.

didn't touch any of my work actual work at all during the actual work day. had to stay +2 hrs overtime everyday to just catch up on the stuff i had. didn't touch any of the new work they gave me from Wednesday on

Weekend was too short. Not ready to go back to the grind...
same....same...

It feels like the weekdays last 3 times as long and the weekends only half as long. Insane.

same

really annoyed at my work at the moment. they're changing a lot of the procedures and our workload is increasing to meet with the regulations that are being put on the bank.so what normally could take us a week, we have to get done in a day or so, otherwise it gets escalated to our department's director and/or vp.
coming back from a 2 day sick leave+ weekend, I knew that my coworkers weren't going to cover any of my work since they're jackasses when it comes to that. If they're away, i always at least try to make time to help out with their backlog. whenever I'm away though, they complain they're "too busy" to even try.
on top that of that, we got a new employee on Monday, and my managers asked me to train her.

didn't touch any of my work actual work at all during the actual work day. had to stay +2 hrs overtime everyday to just catch up on the stuff i had. didn't touch any of the new work they gave me from Wednesday on
that sounds shitty as fuck

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

Which ILM studio is your friend at ? San Fran, Vancouver, London or Singapore ? Just curious because I worked at the Vancouver studio for a few years :) I graduated from Vancouver Film School and have heard only good things about Sheridan amongst the professional artists I interact with. Very cool that Toronto has a prominent art institute but I guess now it's now a university. Similar to Emily Carr University here in Vancouver, eh ?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
same

Had something similar happen to me on Friday. Someone on my team transferred a ticket to another team without checking anything. Person on other team calls me because I actually know stuff and I tell him it shouldn't have gone to him so he should send it back to us. Tell my coworker exactly what to do and if he can fix it and he tells me to take care of it cause he's busy. I stand firm and tell him he's gotta learn from this and all he says is thanks for telling him but that I've already taken it and that I should finish it for him (wtf?). I assign it directly to him and tell the boss.

I need a change from this place...

Which ILM studio is your friend at ? San Fran, Vancouver, London or Singapore ? Just curious because I worked at the Vancouver studio for a few years :) I graduated from Vancouver Film School and have heard only good things about Sheridan amongst the professional artists I interact with. Very cool that Toronto has a prominent art institute but I guess now it's now a university. Similar to Emily Carr University here in Vancouver, eh ?
Whoa a special Vancouver guest!

Top Bottom