• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

ahdurian

I'll never understood people...

Won't move to the back of the streetcar when there's like 5people worth of room, and then yells at people for delaying them because those people can't get on.
Like just move back and they wouldn't cause the issue bruh
Hate TTC and rush hour

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'll never understood people...

Won't move to the back of the streetcar when there's like 5people worth of room, and then yells at people for delaying them because those people can't get on.
Like just move back and they wouldn't cause the issue bruh
Hate TTC and rush hour
Poorly designed streetcar...

I haven't been on the new ones though and I wonder if they're easier to get out of if you're stuck in the back and it's crowded.

At the rate they're going, I may never be on the new streetcars...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Poorly designed streetcar...

I haven't been on the new ones though and I wonder if they're easier to get out of if you're stuck in the back and it's crowded.

At the rate they're going, I may never be on the new streetcars...
Are you saying you'll die before you're able to?

GdfI81i.jpg

rinse82

How busy does Snakes and Lattes get (College location) on a Saturday night?

Going out to dinner with my wife and hoping to stop by there on Saturday night afterwards, around 9:30pm

Going out to dinner with my wife and hoping to stop by there on Saturday night afterwards, around 9:30pm

It looked full when I was walking back from the meetup, and I know from experience it's always full during the day. Wish that place would take reservations.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Extremely busy. Last time I just went in for a seat and coffee and there was a huge line up. Definitely something more businesses can do.
UPX price slash to $12 incoming, reportedly

good job, good effort, to everyone involved
Pfft. I'm still not confident it'll get the numbers it needs.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Even better, people getting on at Bloor or Weston pay GO train prices (less than 6 bucks), so it'll be a really crappy Relief Line!
Funny since we could've spent money building a relief line instead of the UPX. I should just take it one day to see how it is...but it would require transferring twice instead of once at Kipling.

zroid

Banned
Private companies: "UPX isn't going to be profitable. We're not going to finish this project."

Politicians: "Hey, you guys promised! Well, fine, we'll just build it ourselves."

*years later*

Politicians: "Shit, this isn't profitable!"

Even better, people getting on at Bloor or Weston pay GO train prices (less than 6 bucks), so it'll be a really crappy Relief Line!

I am not too far from Bloor so this may come in handy once in a while.

$6 for one way doesn't beat the TTC though.

Any Stephen Chow fans in here? I just found out over the weekend that he has a new movie, Mermaid, that just opened in China for the Lunar New Year... and it's actually playing here! Cineplex at YDS, or one in Markham. It even has the UltraAVX 3D treatment, which I usually don't see for imports (Tsui Hark's last couple films were 3D but only screened here in 2D).

I didn't care much for Conquering the Demons, but this is a return to form. Seeing it in a packed theatre with a receptive crowd of Chow fans (went Sunday night at the YDS location, was probably the only white guy there haha) was a great experience, the whole theatre was in hysterics, just tons of energy. I haven't laughed this hard since, well, Shaolin Soccer. I had tears streaming down my face.

Highly recommended, don't sleep on it.

(NB: Chow directed it, but does not appear in it unfortunately.)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Any Stephen Chow fans in here? I just found out over the weekend that he has a new movie, Mermaid, that just opened in China for the Lunar New Year... and it's actually playing here! Cineplex at YDS, or one in Markham. It even has the UltraAVX 3D treatment, which I usually don't see for imports (Tsui Hark's last couple films were 3D but only screened here in 2D).

I didn't care much for Conquering the Demons, but this is a return to form. Seeing it in a packed theatre with a receptive crowd of Chow fans (went Sunday night at the YDS location, was probably the only white guy there haha) was a great experience, the whole theatre was in hysterics, just tons of energy. I haven't laughed this hard since, well, Shaolin Soccer. I had tears streaming down my face.

Highly recommended, don't sleep on it.

(NB: Chow directed it, but does not appear in it unfortunately.)
Yeah, I've heard of it. The one scene I saw of it was pretty funny, but every Asian film I've seen for the past few years have been absolute garbage. Older stuff is great but new stuff... :'(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Don't fret. Once everyone starts taking the UP Express, it'll be back to $30 by 2020.
$30? You mean the TTC?

Also a bit early, but do we have any volunteers for the next meet up thread? We're 2 for 2 this year! We gonna stick to our resolution or give up like all people who have resolutions?

Pacbois is coming for Mar 21-29, but that's Easter weekend...

John Blade

Just finish the entire Jury Duty today. Man...almost the whole day wasted for it. Did actually go into the court and go through the process but didn't get pick. Still, I need to go back tomorrow as a back up if for some reason they can't find the right people for jury. Sigh...

Just finish the entire Jury Duty today. Man...almost the whole day wasted for it. Did actually go into the court and go through the process but didn't get pick. Still, I need to go back tomorrow as a back up if for some reason they can't find the right people for jury. Sigh...

I'm going to do the same thing next month. 😢

dluu13

$30? You mean the TTC?

Also a bit early, but do we have any volunteers for the next meet up thread? We're 2 for 2 this year! We gonna stick to our resolution or give up like all people who have resolutions?

Pacbois is coming for Mar 21-29, but that's Easter weekend...

Well, unless somebody asks me to go out of town or something I'll be there.

Kraftwerk

What's the best way to get to billy bishop airport?

I have a meeting at king and Bathurst tomorow noon. Then have to go to billy bishop to meet a friend.

Quick

Banned
This might sound very general, but what's the job landscape like for administrative work?

I don't even know if such a job would be in demand at all.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
D: ahdurian, check your PMs
Your work place tomorrow? Weekend meet somewhere? You just want to mail it?

This might sound very general, but what's the job landscape like for administrative work?

I don't even know if such a job would be in demand at all.
I see a bunch of these advertised all the time. If you're looking, they should be available.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Woke up this morning to nothing, light snow/rain as I drove into work and I hear it's gonna hit 3 degrees and be rain. I thought to myself : "I love Kave Man, I truly love him"
Who doesn't love Devon? I called him that twice now and he corrected me both times and I still keep forgetting

I KNOW WHAT IT IS BUT YOU DON'T COME OFTEN ENOUGH TO HELP ME REMEMBER IT!

Top Bottom