• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

zroid

Banned
It was a blizzard this morning, which eventually transitioned into light rain, and now it's pouring. Slush everywhere.

yyzjohn

Banned
It was a blizzard this morning, which eventually transitioned into light rain, and now it's pouring. Slush everywhere.

I must have driven in at the right time. Between 7:20-8:20 I had no issues whatsoever. Just very very light rain/snow mix was starting to happen but it didn't affect my drive at all. Drove down Yonge from Richmond Hill to Finch.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
This might sound very general, but what's the job landscape like for administrative work?

I don't even know if such a job would be in demand at all.

There's a bunch of advertising for it, in varying capacities.

source: Me, looking for admin work

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
And I gotta go to immigration with my wife tommorrow since she has to do an interview so she can get her goddamned PR card renewed.

Fuck this weather. Fuck it all to hell!

Kraftwerk

I don't think coming to an airport with a beard holding a duffel bag and wearing a camo jacket was the best idea.

So many cops and security just staring at me.

Ayy lmao.

soultron

Banned
I don't think coming to an airport with a beard holding a duffel bag and wearing a camo jacket was the best idea.

So many cops and security just staring at me.

Ayy lmao.

Is the duffel filled with
Coors Light
? Because, if so: someone arrest this man
for the crime of poor taste!

I feel bad with the weather being what it is, that i had to order delivery, especially with that recent thread, but damn i ain't going outside right now.

plus Congee Queen is charing me 40 dollars for 3 items. holy shit.

dluu13

Whaaat it's not even that bad outside. The rain has washed even the slush away, and I would barely call this rain anyway.

Whaaat it's not even that bad outside. The rain has washed even the slush away, and I would barely call this rain anyway.

maybe where you are not where i am for most of the day. There's nothing but thick, slippery slush over here. damn you #teamwinterrain

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Went to Neil Degrasse Tyson's show tonight and it was amazing. One of the best speech/lectures I've ever attended. If you can secure seats for tomorrow night's show, I'd highly recommend it.

John Blade

Well....it isn't about Toronto but we discuss a bit once a while here and it's the phone company and the cell phone plan. I am almost up with mine (Wind Mobile) in four months and want to find what other choice I have right now in the market. I know they is new phone coming up and wondering which company should I go next as the Wind choice isn't as good for me if my co-worker need to call me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well....it isn't about Toronto but we discuss a bit once a while here and it's the phone company and the cell phone plan. I am almost up with mine (Wind Mobile) in four months and want to find what other choice I have right now in the market. I know they is new phone coming up and wondering which company should I go next as the Wind choice isn't as good for me if my co-worker need to call me.
Not sure you have much else to choose from besides Robelus here.

I have Rogers myself and my work pays for Bell and I do get better reception with Bell. My wife had Telus before and they were ok...all are pretty bad with customer service
Before you think of Mobilicity, Rogers owns them IIRC so you'd end up with Rogers regardless...though hopefully they let people keep their unlimited plans.

Azih

It seems like reception is what you're looking for and for that I think you have to go to either Robbers or Hell.

Lexxism

If you don't mind prepaid service, you can go Public Mobile. It's cheap and it has Telus network. The only catch is they don't have a number to call if there's a problem. It's all email or use their community.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've been stuck in basically a dungeon with no windows the entire day. I'm hearing from people coming into my little dungeon area here at work that it's pretty bad outside?

Someone confirm for me please.

@Wreck

I've been stuck in basically a dungeon with no windows the entire day. I'm hearing from people coming into my little dungeon area here at work that it's pretty bad outside?

i'm in richmondhill its nothing big, weak flurries!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Crown Royal Norther Harvest

is showing up in large quantities at lcbo now

second round stuff!
Still found it hard to believe it was hard to buy back then. There were lots but shipments were being held back it seems.

Was out earlier. If you like white stuff blowing in your face, it's the weather for you.

zroid

Banned
FNsMCHv.png

why

Renewed

I had a good walk today. Almost slipped on some hidden ice on the way home. I always get flashbacks to high school where someone I passed slipped on some ice and was knocked out. Please let it be warm soon!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I had a good walk today. Almost slipped on some hidden ice on the way home. I always get flashbacks to high school where someone I passed slipped on some ice and was knocked out. Please let it be warm soon!
Someone slipped and got knocked out...? More than once....? I've seen people slip and fall and get injured. Hell, I've seen someone fall on the escalator and cut himself, but I've never seen anyone knocked out.

Renewed

Someone slipped and got knocked out...? More than once....? I've seen people slip and fall and get injured. Hell, I've seen someone fall on the escalator and cut himself, but I've never seen anyone knocked out.

It was really far off from me and a few people were around him as he wasn't moving. If he wasn't knocked out, I imagine it was enough that he wasn't going anywhere for a while. I guess it comes with the uphill walk there.

dluu13

It was really far off from me and a few people were around him as he wasn't moving. If he wasn't knocked out, I imagine it was enough that he wasn't going anywhere for a while. I guess it comes with the uphill walk there.
I slipped once a couple of years ago and decided to break my fall by sticking my arm straight out. I'm glad I didn't break my wrist.

@Wreck

Still found it hard to believe it was hard to buy back then. There were lots but shipments were being held back it seems.

I agree but, i think it will disappear soon, again, my friend just bought a case 12 right away what a pimp

got to get that liquor before wynne taxes that

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I agree but, i think it will disappear soon, again, my friend just bought a case 12 right away what a pimp

got to get that liquor before wynne taxes that
Case of 12?! Jeez...well I actually can't say anything since I bought that many Bulmer's when they were available here. I miss Bulmer's :'(

Forget that lame rye whiskey, we got more sour beer coming:

Lindeman's Cuvee Rene. I've never had it myself, but it's a gueuze (so like a super lambic), dry, fruity and super tart.

I can't wait to drink it and think about how much I still prefer Rodenbach over everything.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Forget that lame rye whiskey, we got more sour beer coming:

Lindeman's Cuvee Rene. I've never had it myself, but it's a gueuze (so like a super lambic), dry, fruity and super tart.

I can't wait to drink it and think about how much I still prefer Rodenbach over everything.
Oh man, now you're speaking my decrepit pancreas!

Blackhead

Redarse
Where to buy girl scout cookies in Toronto?
iweFYBJ.jpg

Saw The Mermaid movie. Typical Chow fare. Also saw The new Crouching Tiger... on Netflix. Both got me thinking: what do feminist Chinese movies look like? The Assassin?

Both got me thinking: what do feminist Chinese movies look like? The Assassin?

It doesn't have a blatant feminist message or anything, but sure, I guess? It follows wuxia conventions, but it's at least a genre known for powerful women (or women who are more active in the plot, even if that means disguising themselves as men). Flowers of Shanghai is another good one from the same director.

For real tho: Tsui Hark's early films. Peking Opera Blues is a good primer, maybe even the gold standard. Shanghai Blues is also a lot of fun.

I dunno about that new Crouching Tiger movie. I'll probably watch when I've had a few to drink.

Top Bottom