• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Sober

Quoting for opinions since this post was at the bottom of last page.

So I wanted to revive discussion about having a TO-GAF FB page or IRC channel or whatnot...

Been looking into Discord, and it seems fairly low maintenance on everyone's end. I haven't used it in earnest but it looks like making a server and setting up things is relatively easy and its basically free. Also seems like there's mobile support and all that as well or even just regular browser support. Pretty much like a VOIP app and IRC-like client rolled into one.

Quoting for opinions since this post was at the bottom of last page.

I can vouch for Discord being pretty good. Me and my friends moved around from Skype, to TS, to Mumble, and so we've somehow ended up with Discord after all that and we're all pretty satisfied with. It works, it's free, it has all the features I'd wager most people need out of that type of communication client. Whenever we're at home and want to play something like CS, Rocket League, or Insurgency we just jump on the voice channel, and when we're all away on our phones we just use the text chat ala IRC. It's pretty good, for where it is now.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather not use FB to be honest.

Ok, so I got a response back from one of my applications(yay). But I'm not sure what to do with it. There was no company name when I applied, which made me a bit uneasy at the time. Now that I have the name of the company, they are completely unsearchable on Google. There is a website but I can only get to it by the direct address. Plus, the area code for the phone number does not match their location at all (completely different city). The money is actually better than what I was making before. Something feels really wrong with this and my gut is saying no. Thoughts?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Ok, so I got a response back from one of my applications(yay). But I'm not sure what to do with it. There was no company name when I applied, which made me a bit uneasy at the time. Now that I have the name of the company, they are completely unsearchable on Google. There is a website but I can only get to it by the direct address. Plus, the area code for the phone number does not match their location at all (completely different city). The money is actually better than what I was making before. Something feels really wrong with this and my gut is saying no. Thoughts?

Did they say what you would be doing?

If you're already suspicious, I'd say don't bother. Unless these guys are super new and are just getting a start up together, I'd say use an agency and look for an established company.

dluu13

How did you apply to a place without a name? That is a little sketchy. What does this company do?

Mupod

If you're already suspicious, I'd say don't bother. Unless these guys are super new and are just getting a start up together, I'd say use an agency and look for an established company.

oh boy let me tell you about startups

on that note I might actually be getting almost half of what I'm owed from the job I quit a little under a year ago today. Ministry of labour has actually been going after him pretty hard. It'll pay for my next PC build if it happens.

yyzjohn

Banned
Well my interview was postponed today, I didn't get the message until AFTER I fucking drove to work in a suit. Oh well at least I get to leave early when the storm hits.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Had a major issue with our app today, so I decided I'd head in 45 minutes early. I ended up arriving about the same time I always do. TTC, please.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

How did you apply to a place without a name? That is a little sketchy. What does this company do?

It's how it was posted on Workopolis. And yes, they told me what I'd be doing which is not the problem. They aren't super new according to them but I can't find anything about them anywhere. Only if I go to the direct link.

Sigh. I don't think I'll respond to them but it's difficult to ignore. Thanks for the extra perspective.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I might take a snow day tomorrow if it's bad when I get up at 5am. I already told some coworkers that if I don't come in I'll be at home playing videogames in my underwear. :p

Mupod

I took tomorrow off!

...so that I could bust my ass getting the house in order and doing fun things like assemble my bed. And now I guess I can add 'shovel the driveway' to that.

jokkir

It was so nice on the weekend. Now this shit. Sigh...

Don't worry. 15C next week

ECG6fVA.jpg

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
On the heels of getting a somewhat questionable response from a job I applied for, I got a message from a recruiter with the possibility of a position not far from me. This seems far more legitimate and fingers crossed that it leads to something.

Kraftwerk

Guys..

I legit might be going vegan.

I did it for 6 months due to a health thing 2 years ago, and have never been able to achieve that level of happiness and fitness.

So, no more Korean bbq or KFC joints for me. Ill join you guys for Kraft Water and Kale

EDIT : FUCK

I just realized I am not even Vegan but have started to tell people about it

Goddamnit.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Guys..

I legit might be going vegan.

I did it for 6 months due to a health thing 2 years ago, and have never been able to achieve that level of happiness and fitness.

So, no more Korean bbq or KFC joints for me. Ill join you guys for Kraft Water and Kale

EDIT : FUCK

I just realized I am not even Vegan but have started to tell people about it

Goddamnit.
how is alcohol not vegan...?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
More the fact that I just want to stick to a healthy diet. I will only consume red wine once a week.

Yeah. My doctor actually told me to have a small glass of red wine once a week. So I'll give it a try.
If they're implying you should get antioxidants and resveratrol, just drink green tea and buy the resveratrol supplements then.

Or go deep throat an icicle, I dunno...

zroid

Banned
I signed up too late, missed the free game lol

I did get that Vita for $150 a couple months after it launched tho

Did my taxes and for the first time ever I owe money. $1500. Fucking hell. This is what having two jobs gets me? The hilarious part is that if I had made $1500 less this year I likely would have been eligible for the WITB.

dluu13

Did my taxes and for the first time ever I owe money. $1500. Fucking hell. This is what having two jobs gets me? The hilarious part is that if I had made $1500 less this year I likely would have been eligible for the WITB.

Did you put anything in RRSP? I don't think it's too late to invest unless you already filed it, or maybe it's still even possible and you can submit some extra paperwork.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Did you put anything in RRSP? I don't think it's too late to invest unless you already filed it, or maybe it's still even possible and you can submit some extra paperwork.
The deadline for contributions was Feb 29th. It's too late.

Top Bottom