• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

It's still pretty chilly this morning :3

I was so excited for Spring that I left my window open and didn't use my extra warm blanket when I slept last night. I woke up wanting to die a happy death in front of a fireplace.

I even bought a bunch of nice new spring clothes yesterday and was hyped to wear them today.

Jeez i went outside with my winter jacket, immediately started cooking in it. Turned around and got my spring jacket instead. Apparently there's a high of 12 today as well. We did it gents.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was so excited for Spring that I left my window open and didn't use my extra warm blanket when I slept last night. I woke up wanting to die a happy death in front of a fireplace.

I even bought a bunch of nice new spring clothes yesterday and was hyped to wear them today.
SPRING HYPE!

Only thing that sucks is this DST shit on Sunday. I want my hour back...!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's that time of year when it's 7c outside and #TeamWarm is claiming victory. Whereas if it were October, they would be crying that it's freezing.

Lexxism

It's that time of year when it's 7c outside and #TeamWarm is claiming victory. Whereas if it were October, they would be crying that it's freezing.
Just wait when it turns 30+ with humidity and claiming how great it is while they are inside a building with air conditioner.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's all about perspective; it should be cold and snowy these months but it's not.
Just wait when it turns 30+ with humidity and claiming how great it is while they are inside a building with air conditioner.
So #teamwinter doesn't use the heat...? What, are you from Vancouver?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm wearing shorts today so no complaints. Spring time is best time
giphy.gif

LevelNth

Banned
Saw on the news that there were some serious complaints about the Amber Alert on Sunday because I guess it impacted 4 seconds of people's TV watching... It's really come to this hasn't it?

Glad to hear the boy is safe, and I hope they raise the volume of the beep next time.

dluu13

Saw on the news that there were some serious complaints about the Amber Alert on Sunday because I guess it impacted 4 seconds of people's TV watching... It's really come to this hasn't it?

Glad to hear the boy is safe, and I hope they raise the volume of the beep next time.

I didn't see it myself, but people here say it lasted an hour with noise.

edit: nvm i read Fuzzy's post again and he said it was just during testing. I have no idea what it was like.

Four seconds. It was an hour with constant noise on mine this past Sunday.

It's a good idea, I am not complaining about them doing it but I think there could be improvements to the service that won't result in people turning their TV off since it's rendered useless for actually watching TV.

The alerts run software side on the box and are not part of the actual broadcast. They can overlay even if you're watching something on PVR. They should set it so that after it plays once and you read it you can confirm that you read it and disable it until there is an update with important new information uploaded to the system. Any new update would push a klaxon alert that would also have to be read in its entirety and another confirmation for disable would have to be put through.

Otherwise, people will just turn off their TV or switch to playing a video game or something. That means if there is an important update, they won't see it.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Phone interview done. I think it went well. I should find out within a couple of days if I'm moving forward to the next interview, which is a more in depth phone one. Fingers crossed. A bit worried since it seems like they would book you for the next interview right away if they wanted you but we'll see.

Quick

Banned
Phone interview done. I think it went well. I should find out within a couple of days if I'm moving forward to the next interview, which is a more in depth phone one. Fingers crossed. A bit worried since it seems like they would book you for the next interview right away if they wanted you but we'll see.

Fingers crossed for you, kat!

I've been doing a bit of job searching the last week, nothing concrete has really come up. But on that note, it does feel nice to be able to update my resume a bit to reflect on my newly acquired job experience within a full-time setting, rather than having just my part-time work on it.

LevelNth

Banned
Four seconds. It was an hour with constant noise on mine this past Sunday.

It's a good idea, I am not complaining about them doing it but I think there could be improvements to the service that won't result in people turning their TV off since it's rendered useless for actually watching TV.

The alerts run software side on the box and are not part of the actual broadcast. They can overlay even if you're watching something on PVR. They should set it so that after it plays once and you read it you can confirm that you read it and disable it until there is an update with important new information uploaded to the system. Any new update would push a klaxon alert that would also have to be read in its entirety and another confirmation for disable would have to be put through.

Otherwise, people will just turn off their TV or switch to playing a video game or something. That means if there is an important update, they won't see it.
Rogers boxes enabled pushing 'Exit' to turn off the alert. I'm guessing you're with Bell? Sounds like you should be upset with them.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Fingers crossed for you, kat!

I've been doing a bit of job searching the last week, nothing concrete has really come up. But on that note, it does feel nice to be able to update my resume a bit to reflect on my newly acquired job experience within a full-time setting, rather than having just my part-time work on it.

Thanks! I'm a bit concerned that I don't have enough experience in one of the areas they are looking for but I'm have tons of experience in the other areas. Just have to wait.

Rogers boxes enabled pushing 'Exit' to turn off the alert. I'm guessing you're with Bell? Sounds like you should be upset with them.

I am with Rogers and I'm not upset with anyone.

Could be the box I have. It's an older one. No option for exit came up.

dluu13

Thanks! I'm a bit concerned that I don't have enough experience in one of the areas they are looking for but I'm have tons of experience in the other areas. Just have to wait.

I don't think that's too big a deal. I've heard that even if you only satisfy 50% of the job requirements you should go ahead and apply anyway. It's hard to find somebody who has 100% of the skills needed for the job on day 1. Add the fact that most companies have unique procedures, they've pretty much prepared to train you anyway.

Blackhead

Redarse
any asian restaurants with patios?

what's the nice new restaurant near yonge & finch/sheppard that everyone was talking about recently?
trick question

last good meal before I start the ramen budget diet

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think that's too big a deal. I've heard that even if you only satisfy 50% of the job requirements you should go ahead and apply anyway. It's hard to find somebody who has 100% of the skills needed for the job on day 1. Add the fact that most companies have unique procedures, they've pretty much prepared to train you anyway.

That's what I'm hoping.

I also got this in the mail today. I don't know what to think.

Top Bottom