• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Lexxism

Nawaii-Taro at Yonge and Finch is the best in the city imo
Oh. Looking at the link, they have the Okonomiyaki + 4 Takoyaki for 6.99. That's not quite bad. I think I might visit tomorrow.

How about Taiyaki? Do they have one? Or any good store?

edit: Also, are they quite busy? Any good time to come?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh. Looking at the link, they have the Okonomiyaki + 4 Takoyaki for 6.99. That's not quite bad. I think I might visit tomorrow.

How about Taiyaki? Do they have one? Or any good store?

edit: Also, are they quite busy? Any good time to come?

They don't have taiyaki. It's not so much that it's busy, more like the place is a tiny hole in the wall. they have like 8 seats.

They open at like 1:30 even though the sign on the window says noon. It's weird

It's not that busy because nobody knows about it

HOW HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF THIS PLACE BEFORE

So close!

North York-GAF meetup!

It opened last year, and it's very easy to miss. But it's goddamn amazing. The Katsu curry is absolutely the best in the city.

Jesus Christ. Downtown is turning into J Town. Sansotei, Uncle Tetsu, a sushi place, Tsujiri. It was crowded as fuck and I wasn't going to wait 40+ minutes for a green tea dessert.
Edit: Lolwtf. Walking on Yonge and there was one of those people shouting about Jesus. Except in this case, he shouted "GOD DAMN JESUS!" I guess the hesitation would change the meaning. GOD, DAMN JESUS. GOD DAMN, JESUS. GOD DAMN JESUS!

Lol walked by Tsujiri today as well. Huge ass lineup to the end of the block. All Asians in line of course.

Ended up going to Hanmoto for dinner. Cool place.

dluu13

Lol walked by Tsujiri today as well. Huge ass lineup to the end of the block. All Asians in line of course.

Ended up going to Hanmoto for dinner. Cool place.

I just walked by Tsujiri today and the lineup was all the way down to the end of the block. Does anybody know if it's actually good, or is it all hype?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I just walked by Tsujiri today and the lineup was all the way down to the end of the block. Does anybody know if it's actually good, or is it all hype?
You're the closest amongst all of us I believe. Why don't you line up and let us know :D

It's Japanese and new so it's bound to be hot for a bit at least.

Speaking of hot, I also went to Hot Star, that Taiwanese fried chicken place, and it was pretty good but messy as fuck. I understand not cutting it for you but at least give me a fucking knife to cut it myself so I'm not a barbarian. It's too bad this place is too small cause it court definitely be a post meet up place.

dluu13

You're the closest amongst all of us I believe. Why don't you line up and let us know :D

It's Japanese and new so it's bound to be hot for a bit at least.

Speaking of hot, I also went to Hot Star, that Taiwanese fried chicken place, and it was pretty good but messy as fuck. I understand not cutting it for you but at least give me a fucking knife to cut it myself so I'm not a barbarian. It's too bad this place is too small cause it court definitely be a post meet up place.

Maybe I'll wait a few months before going, or at least til the line looks tamer :p
I did not even try Uncle Tetsu's until this December, actually.
I also have not been to Hot Star although there has been talk of going there with some friends.

It's kind of sad how many places there are around me that I have not been to.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'll wait a few months before going, or at least til the line looks tamer :p
I did not even try Uncle Tetsu's until this December, actually.
I also have not been to Hot Star although there has been talk of going there with some friends.

It's kind of sad how many places there are around me that I have not been to.
Uncle Tetsu you can at least go to the cafe next to it. The line up is generally shorter there. Hot star there was no line up at all but I went in the afternoon and I imagine it's more of a late night snack type.

dluu13

Uncle Tetsu you can at least go to the cafe next to it. The line up is generally shorter there. Hot star there was no line up at all but I went in the afternoon and I imagine it's more of a late night snack type.

Yeah, I've never seen a lineup at Hot Star either but I've never been there late night.
And speaking of Uncle Tetsu, there's that Angel Cafe place opening up a few shops down from Tsujiri.

Dr.Acula

Banned
This new Mexican sandwich place in Kensington looks good. The bread comes from Blackbird across the street.

http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/torteria-san-cosme-toronto

Pa1X0Jo.jpg

9i7JAXV.jpg

ssWTp6r.jpg

Funny story about a dude who tweeted this and was visited by the cops:

0T56rnF.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Torontoblu...gers_reported_me_to_the_toronto_police_and_i/

CBC and others picked up the story, throw my statue into river if old.

I walked by Tsujiri earlier this evening and there was no line. I should have gone in! Oh well. I still haven't tried Uncle Tetsu, either.

All I can think about now is that Mexican sandwich place tho, damn that looks good.

Sober

Good (not good) to know you can harass women on twitter and get away with it but threatening a statue will get the police's attention.

krae_man

Toronto police Const. Allyson Douglas-Cook said Rogers Centre security alerted authorities about Kharshoum's threat and at least one other. Both threats were investigated by the cyber crimes unit.

The second tweet, which has since been deleted, was posted by someone using the handle @Corytrevor22 and contains more threatening language.

"Remember who made you rich," the tweet, addressed to Rogers, said.

"If you fail to pay @JoeyBats19 we will ruin you. I will burn every Rogers vehicle I see. Don't f**k us

Not signing Joey Bats is serious business.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, when put into that sort of perspective it really pisses me off.
Yeah! I troll you all the time and haven't had the police come bother me yet!

I don't know what the police were thinking here. Is it against the law? Yes. Are they going to follow up every complaint they receive about online harassment? No. Odd that they chose this specific one to investigate since I've heard plenty of stories of people getting stuff stolen and other crimes that have already been committed and the police not doing anything about it.

@Wreck

Good (not good) to know you can harass women on twitter and get away with it but threatening a statue will get the police's attention.

well i guess money = police involvement

and shame

vpn is not going to help him now, he would have to:

get vpn service (turn it on)
make twitter account
then troll rogers/bat

I walked by Tsujiri earlier this evening and there was no line. I should have gone in! Oh well. I still haven't tried Uncle Tetsu, either.

All I can think about now is that Mexican sandwich place tho, damn that looks good.

There wasn't a line at Tsujiri? Damn, I was thinking of going but forgot since I was so tired. I'm definitely gonna go to this Mexican sandwich place on Kensington as well. Looks purdy good

That Rogers money is too sweet to just give up

yyzjohn

Banned
not sure if that's a good thing besides not having to wear that much to go out, but sure.

In other news, I now have my very own copy of Your Ward News.

I've often said that when I retire I'd like to be in a warm climate for the winters like Florida. If Toronto turns into Florida for the winters, problem solved.

dluu13

I've often said that when I retire I'd like to be in a warm climate for the winters like Florida. If Toronto turns into Florida for the winters, problem solved.

I'm not saying that I like the cold winters here but when I see some stats like that combined with all the talk about climate change and how even average temperatures rising by a couple of degrees worldwide can destroy ecosystems I start to get concerned about the future in that respect.

Any of y'all going to see The Protomen at the velvet underground on 4/20

If I wasn't working that day + had a research essay to do, I'd totally be going. I'll settle with Motion City Soundtrack playing the Phoenix Theater one final time in June though, I guess.

FairyD

God damn I feel like I just dodged a bullet. I'm actually quite happy despite the fact that I lost a bid for a townhouse. My final bid was 526k for a 2 bed 3 bath home. I lost out to a bid close to 540k.

mr.rager

God damn I feel like I just dodged a bullet. I'm actually quite happy despite the fact that I lost a bid for a townhouse. My final bid was 526k for a 2 bed 3 bath home. I lost out to a bid close to 540k.

540k for a townhouse is mind boggling to me. Where is this located?

FairyD

It was in the Keele and st Clair area. close to my sisters place and not far from home. So the location was ideal for me.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Wait

Wait wait wait wait

I love that area, have a few friends around there.

But

But

Almost a million for a condo, not even a house in that area. And plus the 1k a month fees, plus God knows what else?

And it's super shitty too. One of the bedrooms looks like it might as well be a closet

Top Bottom