• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You guys should see what passes for a "den" in newer condos.

I'm more annoyed at what passes for kitchens these days. Galley kitchens can gtfo

This is the life I'm trying to head into this year. *pukes*

Already know I'm getting a small place, my hope is just finding a smart enough builder who utilizes the condo space well.

In my line of work I've seen some builders who were very smart with the space pushing cabinets into the walls or push the bedroom as far off to the corner as possible to make the living/kitchen area as spacious as possible.

Sigh...

Kraftwerk

At the end of the day, if someone wants to buy a condo, then it's their choice.. But I would rather spend that few hundred thousand and buy a house outside of Toronto.

Some folk mention traffic, but going from Fairview Mall to King street would take an hour in the morning, sometimes more, and my friend who has a house in mississauga also drives for an hour to get downtown.

I just like having a yard and a basement too much.

explodet

This is like the first afternoon that wasn't completely cloudy and I hadn't realized how much daylight savings time has messed me up this year.
I keep wanting to sleep in until 10:30am or something.

Renewed

Was sick in bed on my birthday. Who or what do I blame? At least I avoided the flash storm as I'd be coming home at that time.

krae_man

FLASH FLOOD!

No flood here, just hail!
zVdtnKL.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Can we please do a meetup involving playing hockey?

I wanna team up with Kave.
I'd totally be down for street hockey or if someone could get a gym somewhere.

Ice hockey...I have no equipment and I can't skate and I'm afraid of playing against Dustkave Byfugiman

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I applied for a job yesterday and got a call at 8am this morning to arrange a phone interview which is happening in a couple of hours. :O

Yay me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, he's only 46? I thought he was older than that.
With the lifestyle he leads, I don't think age particularly matters. Drugs, excessive booze, eating out with random women, and excessive food is gonna wreck you at any age.
I applied for a job yesterday and got a call at 8am this morning to arrange a phone interview which is happening in a couple of hours. :O

Yay me.
Good luck. If you get the job, pitcher of Coors on you ;)
Wish you luck.....
to fail the phone interview so you don't get the job and be unemployed
Reverse jinx! Reverse jinx!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for all the best wishes! It must be something good if they call first thing in the morning the day after I apply. I've been preparing this morning for the interview. Crossing my fingers that it goes to the next stage.

dluu13

Tried dominoes due to the deal they have and.... It's not bad at all. Has pizza pizza lowered the bar for everyone?

One of the first things one of my friends told me after I moved here was to not eat Pizza Pizza. I think I have only had it a couple times since I got here.

Mupod

Tried dominoes due to the deal they have and.... It's not bad at all. Has pizza pizza lowered the bar for everyone?

dominos has been my go to for cheap pizza for the past year or so, I go once in a while but not often. My new place is surrounded by pizza though so I haven't bothered with dominos lately - but I'll go for 50%. There's one so close I can see it from my living room window.

as I say in every pizza thread my mind is blown by how mediocre my experience with toronto pizza has been. How you guys allowed this pizza pizza market dominance to happen, I'll never understand.

But hey there's actually a Toppers maybe 20 minutes from my house now. Doubt it'll be exactly the same as the Sudbury ones but I'm curious. I really do miss that place and the crazy amount of toppings you could get for cheap. Even with the 50% coupon dominos can barely match it and they give you less.

as I say in every pizza thread my mind is blown by how mediocre my experience with toronto pizza has been. How you guys allowed this pizza pizza market dominance to happen, I'll never understand.

lol, 100% agreed. Toronto pizza is on a whole other level of shitty. And actually, I'd easily take Domino's Pizza over Pizza Nova, Pizzaiolo, Pizza Pizza, etc.

I had a Pizza Nova right downstairs from my condo and every time I bought a slice there, I'd immediately regret it.

Note: I'm not talking about sit-down pizza places like Terroni. Only pizza-by-the-slice / takeout pizza places.

Mupod

Pizza Nova is a step up from Pizza Pizza for sure, but that's not saying much, still worse than Dominos and costs quite a bit more for some reason.

My roommate's son really likes FBI Pizza and it is pretty good but holy shit expensive.

Once in a while my roommate will bring back a donair pizza from halifax donair and pizza out in milton. Now THAT is fucking amazing. Kind of cheating though and pricey (but very worth it).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Pizza Nova was formerly our go to cheap pizza place, but we've since stopped getting take out pizza altogether. We order from Dominos when they have the deal and it's usually pretty decent, maybe just a bit on the greasy side. But as a twice a year thing, it's good.

We do every once in a great while, usually when friends are over and request it, we have the $10 XL pepperoni from Pizza Pizza. Our local place isn't horrible (ie; doesn't taste like cardboard) and it's a sub-5 minute walk.

Making your own pizza is the way to go. You can even buy pre-made dough from practically any grocery store, if you're afraid you'll screw that up.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Having not really had pizza elsewhere, I'm really curious about how terrible our pizza is. I do prefer to make my own.

Phone interview is done. Forty minutes. D:

I think I did okay but I can never really tell. I'll find out by Tuesday if I'm moving on. It's less money than I was making but it's something.

Mupod

I'd love to make my own pizza, family used to do it all the time, but not really feasible to get all those ingredients for just one person. And I only eat pizza like once or twice a month tops.

40 minute phone interview sounds exhausting. But yeah, gotta take what you can get. I was slightly uppity about low salary when I finished my contract at the college which may have hurt my job search early on...why take $15/hr when I'm getting more than that from EI alone? At the time wasn't expecting the job market to be so horrible that EI would run out before I found anything at all, but there you go.

krae_man

I used to to Little Ceasers but they kept the $5 price point too long and now their pizzas are pure crap. Not to mention the 16 year olds making them don't give two fucks and often can't keep up with the demand.

Dominos is good for cheap pizza. Locally Pepi's is expensive but godlike.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm mentally drained. I'm just going to watch Daredevil.

And I knew I wouldn't be making as much. The only reason I was making what I did was because I was there for so long. I'd rather be working full time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm mentally drained. I'm just going to watch Daredevil.

And I knew I wouldn't be making as much. The only reason I was making what I did was because I was there for so long. I'd rather be working full time.
COORS ON SHADOWKAT!

You can always keep applying while working at that place. Nothing stopping you from doing that.

Eleuin

Ill make my monthly fuck ttc post topical by saying I could've eaten half of my large dominos pizza in the time it took for my bus to come

I only ate 3, but its the potential that matters

zroid

Banned
I'm having Dominos right now because of the 50% off :lol

is Panago good? I've heard it is but there aren't any nearby in my little pocket of the GTA

I'm having Dominos right now because of the 50% off :lol

is Panago good? I've heard it is but there aren't any nearby in my little pocket of the GTA

There's a new condo development around the corner from me and they have a Panago, which means I've had it once a week so far this month. There used to be one down the street from my old place in CityPlace, too. It's certainly my favorite of the chains and I'm always glad to see one around. There's a Pizza Nova literally across the street from me and like Junior Mint, I'd hit that up way too often in a pinch and eventually my soul would just cry.

But as everyone has said, even being the best of the bunch is... well, it's pizza and you live in Toronto. Whattaya gonna do.

Make your own.

(Move to Detroit, if the thread I'm reading right now is any indication.)

Top Bottom