• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What are you getting? Condo? House? And how much?

Condo in the 300s, 1 bedroom.

Not really planning to move out until end of summer though but I figure might be time to get this part done with instead of waiting until like June like I originally planned.

Anony

300k for a 1 bedroom
goddamn, how the hell are single income people suppose to afford that

also, stop making the meetups on a saturday -_-

explodet

Ugh, I've been waffling on starting to look for a condo, I need at least a 1 bedroom+den and prices are just going to go up.
Dat down payment, tho

Blackhead

Redarse
It's a beautiful day

HVVViA0.jpg

Lexxism

Yup. It's definitely a beautiful day.

Not really planning to move out until end of summer though but I figure might be time to get this part done with instead of waiting until like June like I originally planned.
Wow 300s for a 1 bedroom condo. Damn this city. This province really need to start the basic income or I'll live the rest of my life in apartment lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
300k for a 1 bedroom
goddamn, how the hell are single income people suppose to afford that

also, stop making the meetups on a saturday -_-

Ugh, I've been waffling on starting to look for a condo, I need at least a 1 bedroom+den and prices are just going to go up.
Dat down payment, tho

Yup. It's definitely a beautiful day.

Wow 300s for a 1 bedroom condo. Damn this city. This province really need to start the basic income or I'll live the rest of my life in apartment lol

I know it makes me sad but such is the life. Just saving up the last of my downpayment now. I got lucky that my parents will loan me some money towards it as well. :D

Yes I am spoiled and I don't care.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ayy, what a day around my area for the TTC. Subway is out between St George and Lawrence for maintenance and shuttle buses replacing 512 St Clair streetcar. This makes all local buses run like shit too. This normal 45 minute trip will likely take two hours.

On condos; We were looking in the 270-290 range around Humber and there are plenty of options. They're pretty damn small though, so we decided to wait a year and get into the 310-330 range for a larger place.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ayy, what a day around my area for the TTC. Subway is out between St George and Lawrence for maintenance and shuttle buses replacing 512 St Clair streetcar. This makes all local buses run like shit too. This normal 45 minute trip will likely take two hours.

On condos; We were looking in the 270-290 range around Humber and there are plenty of options. They're pretty damn small though, so we decided to wait a year and get into the 310-330 range for a larger place.

I've just been browsing on my own currently, found some decent looking ones down by the water on Queens Quay and Lakeshore/Dan Leckie etc.

Once I hire my real estate agent that's the first area I'm gonna tell them to look in. I'm looking forward to getting run over by a street car if I do get a place there.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've just been browsing on my own currently, found some decent looking ones down by the water on Queens Quay and Lakeshore/Dan Leckie etc.

Once I hire my real estate agent that's the first area I'm gonna tell them to look in. I'm looking forward to getting run over by a street car if I do get a place there.

Yeah, I've no desire to be that far downtown, so it's a tiny bit cheaper in areas I'm looking. Chris' family is on the west end too and we've lived in the area before.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ultimately if I fall in love with a place it won't matter to me too much where it is. I just need to be "close enough" to the subway aka like 20 minute walk away or so.

I do work in North York but I don't mind if I have to wake up a bit earlier than I do now.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You just have to be careful of how a condo building has been managed and how old it is. A building with some big upcoming expenses with an under funded reserve fund = trouble.

Samyy

Dude I was in an Uber with a lawyer and he was explaining to us how shitty a lot of these condos have been built, like the builders gave no shits and of course this lawyer helped them draft the arrangements that will protect the builders from getting sued etc.

I would be super careful about where you buy.

Oh and I'm going to be renting a room in that area, we're gonna be neighbours!!!

Quick

Banned
Dude I was in an Uber with a lawyer and he was explaining to us how shitty a lot of these condos have been built, like the builders gave no shits and of course this lawyer helped them draft the arrangements that will protect the builders from getting sued etc.

I work with pre-construction developments around Toronto, and I definitely second this.

May not apply to you, but if you do go with pre-construction/new purchase, you get a 10-day period to cancel with pre-construction condos - use that time wisely. Get all your questions and requests in writing (and answered as such), and have a lawyer look through your agreement - it costs money, but it's worth being thorough.

Renewed

I am morbidly curious to try that Cheetos thing at Taco Bell...

I thought that was a joke, what was I thinking. I think I've had Taco Bell once in my life so maybe I'll give it a shot now. Apparently there's a place further along my street, damn.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Oh and I'm going to be renting a room in that area, we're gonna be neighbours!!!

I work with pre-construction developments around Toronto, and I definitely second this.

May not apply to you, but if you do go with pre-construction/new purchase, you get a 10-day period to cancel with pre-construction condos - use that time wisely. Get all your questions and requests in writing (and answered as such), and have a lawyer look through your agreement - it costs money, but it's worth being thorough.

Don't worry I also work in the building industry. I am well aware of how shitty builders can be. Any place I do end up looking at I'll be doing heavy research on what I can.

Quote to understand as I don't normally like to say where I work for reasons.

Quick

Banned
Don't worry I also work in the building industry. I am well aware of how shitty builders can be. Any place I do end up looking at I'll be doing heavy research on what I can.

Quote to understand as I don't normally like to say where I work for reasons.

DAMN KAVE.

Kraftwerk

If you guys want to see crazy, this is the price list for a new pre-construction condo in False Creek Vancouver

Wait

Walt

Wait. Wait

You buy a condo for an absurd price, and they don't let you take the bicycle upstairs...

But

You have to pay 3000 for a shitty locker to put your bike in, a locker that people get their bike stolen from all the time since security is shit, and if it's stolen they don't hold any responsibility.

Ok

OK

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just saw there was a major accident this morning in the financial district, one of the cars involved was operating as an Uber vehicle.

Sober

This would've never happened with cab drivers! ... because you'd be too busy trying to find one who would accept your debit or credit card.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
An Amber Alert was issued here in Toronto for a 3-month old baby boy after a car was stolen. Rogers got rid of the loud alarm bell so it's not annoying any more. Hope they find the kid.

The toddler, who has short dark hair, was last seen in a tan, four-door 1997 Toyota Camry, with the licence plate BRWC 161, heading northbound on Highway 27 at Albion Road in Etobicoke.

His alleged abductor is described as a white male, between the ages of 20 and 25, with short blond hair, medium build and a height of five foot 11.

explodet

I know it makes me sad but such is the life. Just saving up the last of my downpayment now. I got lucky that my parents will loan me some money towards it as well. :D

Yes I am spoiled and I don't care.
I'm pretty sure I've got standing offers from family to help out too, but there are no specifics and I haven't a clue how to even start to ask for that kind of money.
It's not like I'm asking to borrow the car for the night.

If you guys want to see crazy, this is the price list for a new pre-construction condo in False Creek Vancouver
Yeah, we've got (almost) nothing on Vancouver. Their housing angst is legion.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There's a small chance I will have to stay home and be a family man for this meetup, but I'll try my damnedest to make it.

Quadratic

I'm going to MeNami (udon bar) tonight with a couple of friends. I'll post a review later. I've been meaning to try it ever since it opened.

ahdurian

what up nerds
finally feeling healthy(ish) again
stomach flu + pneumonia + 2 1/2 weeks = the deepest hell
I wouldn't even wish it on Kuro
good god

Speaking of Kuro, Kuro check your dms

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to MeNami (udon bar) tonight with a couple of friends. I'll post a review later. I've been meaning to try it ever since it opened.
You'd goddamned better. I keep meaning to go but plans keep falling through
It's pretty good! The curry udon was one of the better things there
D: you again!

...now go to Shoushin and the new Zen Sushi place.

what up nerds
finally feeling healthy(ish) again
stomach flu + pneumonia + 2 1/2 weeks = the deepest hell
I wouldn't even wish it on Kuro
good god

Speaking of Kuro, Kuro check your dms
Come to the meet up and we'll get you some suicide wings and put you back in the deepest hell.

Top Bottom