• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I should've worked from home OR I should've brought my 3DS in.

Team winter bukkaked all over the city.

Just one final load before we fade away for another 8 months.

Note; I'm pretty much as against freezing rain as I am 35c with humidity because I am not insane.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just one final load before we fade away for another 8 months.

Note; I'm pretty much as against freezing rain as I am 35c with humidity because I am not insane.
http://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/man...ultiple-times-in-leslieville-police-1.2830466

This would be you
or Kraftwerk
if you came to my hood and said that to my face.

I walk along this stretch of street pretty much weekly and my wife is around the area getting coffee. I'm also pretty sure this was the same stretch where a woman was sexually assaulted a few months ago too.

This winter is making everyone nuts.

SPRING

I feel bad for Pacbois
Nothing says welcome like a big white wet load to the face.

dantehemi

Had a chance to try Tsujiri last night with the girlfriend after a great bowl of ramen from what I think is he best ramen places in the city (sensotei)

I had the Tsujiri sundae which was pretty awesome, the matcha soft serve is great and not too sweet and just the right amount of bitter. I'm not sure what those white balls were on top but I loved them and that brown rice at the bottom was great...damn I want another one right now haha. The girlfriend is simple and just went with the matcha soft serve in a cup and she said it was probably the best green tea ice cream she has had (and green tea ice cream is her fav)

Overall a great food night and with this weather we're having now I would love a big bowl of ramen right about now! Has anyone had better than sensotei in the city? I've also been to momofuku, Kenzo and Kinton. Kinton being a close second and Kenzo just being garbage, momo a good middle ground.

mr.rager

Had a chance to try Tsujiri last night with the girlfriend after a great bowl of ramen from what I think is he best ramen places in the city (sensotei)

I had the Tsujiri sundae which was pretty awesome, the matcha soft serve is great and not too sweet and just the right amount of bitter. I'm not sure what those white balls were on top but I loved them and that brown rice at the bottom was great...damn I want another one right now haha. The girlfriend is simple and just went with the matcha soft serve in a cup and she said it was probably the best green tea ice cream she has had (and green tea ice cream is her fav)

Overall a great food night and with this weather we're having now I would love a big bowl of ramen right about now! Has anyone had better than sensotei in the city? I've also been to momofuku, Kenzo and Kinton. Kinton being a close second and Kenzo just being garbage, momo a good middle ground.

Sansotei is the best. Isshin ramen is a close second with Raijin ramen holding down the third spot.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Ramen Isshin is definitely up there. Sansotei is really freakin good though

Sober

Only paid attention to that for a few days but yeah it seemed like he (sadly) had it in the bag. Maybe that's all that he'll win back though? I really doubt court of public opinion will side with him on this one?

Only paid attention to that for a few days but yeah it seemed like he (sadly) had it in the bag. Maybe that's all that he'll win back though? I really doubt court of public opinion will side with him on this one?

Maybe Gawker will release a sex tape. It's done wonders for Hogan.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
He'll have a new show in a year.

I left class and ice is falling from the Ryerson SLC. I almost got whacked by a fairly big piece of ice outside. Team Winter is LITERALLY trying to kill me now

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We had Tsujiri yesterday too. The line was basically nothing and we managed to get seating for our group of 5. It didn't disappoint either. I don't think I'd stomach more than a twenty minute wait for it, but I was happy with our experience.

Pacbois

Hey guys I took a pretty good selfie during my visit downtown today.

jack-nicholson-shining.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
He'll have a new show in a year.
I think he's done and it would take more than a year if ever. You wanna bet a pint on this, fuzz face?
I left class and ice is falling from the Ryerson SLC. I almost got whacked by a fairly big piece of ice outside. Team Winter is LITERALLY trying to kill me now
I nearly slipped and cracked my head open.
We had Tsujiri yesterday too. The line was basically nothing and we managed to get seating for our group of 5. It didn't disappoint either. I don't think I'd stomach more than a twenty minute wait for it, but I was happy with our experience.
Hmmmm...too bad I expect the line ups to be worse this long weekend. Still, I don't have anything super pressing to do besides find another company, so maybe I should try it out.
Walking to work this morning wasn't as bad as I expected. It was more slush then ice.
It's worse than Victory Cafe cider...

Pacbois is team warm! REPRESENT!!!
Now you can say you traveled to Canada and got the obvious stereotypical experience.
Someone didn't move out of the way and make space while he was walking on the side walk???

Also, because Divvy suddenly became poor, I went to Shoushin to try it out. Should hopefully post details later.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Also, because Divvy suddenly became poor, I went to Shoushin to try it out. Should hopefully post details later.

I bought a townhouse cuz I'm a moron, and I need to start paying for it! D:

Post pics!

I'll post Alo picks whenever I can steal my wife's phone.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

LOL. Poor Pacbois, visits during an ice storm. A couple of weeks ago it was 18C.

I'm sitting in my car getting ready to clear off the ice for a second time today. :/

edit: I suppose freezing rain is more accurate than ice storm.

Quick

Banned
I was clearing ice off my car, and my scraper slipped and I ended up scratching the hood. Nice long scratch, but it wasn't deep. Just really annoying to look at.

Anyone had those new flaming hot Cheetos that's making the waves? My sister brought a bag in and I guess it was a bit hot. More zesty than hot though.

Pacbois

Obviously coming from a city where everything below zero is considered nuclear winter and where we never have anything close to an ice storm, i'm sort of #TeamWarm

To be honest, i don't really care about clouds, rain, snow or ice. It's just the wind that is the absolute worst, especially Downtown.

dluu13

Obviously coming from a city where everything below zero is considered nuclear winter and where we never have anything close to an ice storm, i'm sort of #TeamWarm

To be honest, i don't really care about clouds, rain, snow or ice. It's just the wind that is the absolute worst, especially Downtown.

Humidity in the cold is also pretty bad. Luckily Toronto winters are pretty dry, but my skin complains.

explodet

So last night I discovered my arcade stick has a bum down directional, which means no Street Fighter for me this long weekend. And due to the holiday no place is open to search for a replacement joystick.

On the other hand, according to this thread there are new hot cheetos I need to try.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Blech. Terrible experience at ka chi today for some pork bone soup. The pork bones I had barely had any meat and what was there was hard to get. Oh, and the extra long black hair was also a nice touch...

dluu13

Blech. Terrible experience at ka chi today for some pork bone soup. The pork bones I had barely had any meat and what was there was hard to get. Oh, and the extra long black hair was also a nice touch...

pork bone soup always starts with me trying to use chopsticks only and devolves into savagely pulling all the bones apart with my bare hands.

korean restaurants having those flat metal chopsticks don't help much either.

explodet

I remember going to Ka Chi last Good Friday because our usual Korean place was closed. The pork bone soup wasn't great then either.

dantehemi

So we don't like blog TO? I've been to some places that they recommend and haven't been disappointed, but they also said nirvana Indian restaurant in Saugua was highly ranked and that place was garbage!! So far up in Saugua (GF lives there, I'm in Woodbridge) Bombay bhell and avani seem to be the best Indian I've had there, what are some Toronto Indian spots I should hit up..I'm being introduced to a whole new world of food ever since I started going out with my GF (she's phillipino I'm Italian) Korean, Thai,Indian, ramen, bubble tea ohh the bubble tea (bubble republic is tops) first time trying curry was like a new world was opened up to me my god!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So we don't like blog TO? I've been to some places that they recommend and haven't been disappointed, but they also said nirvana Indian restaurant in Saugua was highly ranked and that place was garbage!! So far up in Saugua (GF lives there, I'm in Woodbridge) Bombay bhell and avani seem to be the best Indian I've had there, what are some Toronto Indian spots I should hit up..I'm being introduced to a whole new world of food ever since I started going out with my GF (she's phillipino I'm Italian) Korean, Thai,Indian, ramen, bubble tea ohh the bubble tea (bubble republic is tops) first time trying curry was like a new world was opened up to me my god!
Nah, blogto has the best restaurant reviews. Their best of lists are just popularity contests though.

dantehemi

A buddy of mine once told me that our friend (who owns a bakery) paid blogTO to get put on the list, not sure the truth behind this but it seems like something this guy would have done.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Once upon a time Chippy's was among the best of on BlogTO. It's a popularity contest, you can use it for a basic reference guide, but you need to do extra research to avoid landmines.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Once upon a time Chippy's was among the best of on BlogTO. It's a popularity contest, you can use it for a basic reference guide, but you need to do extra research to avoid landmines.
I only view it really to see how poorly they rate everything but they always seem to have some place or other in the reviews that I've never heard of that I try. It's good for hearing about new places opening up, absolutely horrid for ranking otherwise though. It's the same with the Toronto Life Food and Drink guide I get, I only use it to learn about places I might not find out about otherwise.

Top Bottom