• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Mupod

I brought this up on the meetup but I saw an ad for a gaming convention that claims to be Canada's first?

http://eglx.ca/

It says its on April 29 to May 1st at the International Centre.

I think I mentioned this a while ago. Even though I'll probably lose instantly I'm planning on going for the SFV tournament - the international centre is right next to where I work. Keep forgetting to buy my ticket but yeah I'll try and get that done tonight.

Apparently it was scheduled for last november originally but got pushed to April because it ended up being bigger than expected? I'm a bit wary but still interested.

krae_man

Apparently LRT construction may have cut some master line and last time they did that another part of the city didn't get internet back for a day and a half.

At least the Rangers won last night so we don't have Game 5 going on sale today.

Edit: and I get to go home early.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
there is absolutely nothing wrong with hitting up popeyes bro

At least I like fried chicken. I don't even try anymore lol.

Not gonna lie, I love the Popeyes biscuits but I can't have Popeyes more than once per month. Shit is just too heavy of a meal and I feel all fucked up the next day lol.

Poeyes is pretty awesome as a side. Full meal of it would be pretty heavy.

Don't get me wrong, Popeye's isn't bad, just with all the choices there and yeah it's super heavy.

Better than KFC at least

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I had Popeye's this weekend. The one in Mississauga was surprisingly good. Like at least 10X better than your typical KFC experience. Which is weird since they sort of just leave their chicken on a big pile behind the counter.

Mupod

when I desperately need fried chicken I go to Mary Brown's. Popeye's is alright. KFC is one of the few things on this planet that's ever given me food poisoning so even though I don't hate it, it's a nasty association for me.

zroid

Banned
I got a bunch of Taco Bell coupons in the mail, so I ended up trying those Cheetos Crunchwrap things.

it was... actually pretty good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Cheetos don't really add anything to them though, they're just kinda there

dluu13

I got a bunch of Taco Bell coupons in the mail, so I ended up trying those Cheetos Crunchwrap things.

it was... actually pretty good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Cheetos don't really add anything to them though, they're just kinda there

I still haven't ever tried Taco Bell before. Back when I lived in Vancouver, the nearest one would be half an hour + toll bridge away...

zroid

Banned
I still haven't ever tried Taco Bell before. Back when I lived in Vancouver, the nearest one would be half an hour + toll bridge away...
I'll say this... don't have it in the States. It's absolutely disgusting there. I think fast food in general tastes worse in the US, but it's especially bad with Taco Bell lol.

Up here it's alright

Anony

anyone interested in april metropass? mine is 125$ vs whatever the regular/discounted price is, i think it might be like 140$

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
taco bell fries supreme are the best worst thing. Also god dammit I need to stay out of this thread when I'm hungry
We talking about the best worst thing? McDs poutine.
anyone interested in april metropass? mine is 125$ vs whatever the regular/discounted price is, i think it might be like 140$
This is tempting... :(
Burger talk: how is South St. Burger?
About as good as Hero Burger.

Sober

If it's a ground beef patty I usually don't care unless you make it super awesome or fuck it up super bad. I think Hero Burger is just meh for me because it's really just an angus patty and I hate the consistency/texture of that.

Maybe I'll give it a try since nicked some coupons off the lunch room at work.

Mupod

I am going to make some god tier burgers once our barbecue is up and running. Need to get a guy to hook it up to the gas line though and we've been busy with the last of the moving-out proceedings.

GAF ads are reading my posts and I'm seeing ads for EGLX now. Guess I'll start poking around and finding out who else is interested in going.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I am going to make some god tier burgers once our barbecue is up and running. Need to get a guy to hook it up to the gas line though and we've been busy with the last of the moving-out proceedings.

GAF ads are reading my posts and I'm seeing ads for EGLX now. Guess I'll start poking around and finding out who else is interested in going.
I demand pics!
What's the best area to stay in for a quick trip to Montreal? And what areas should I avoid (hotel-wise)?
That...depends on what you're going for...

I stayed near old port cause it was close to the train station and has tons of stuff to do and see nearby.
There are enough restaurants near old port but even most of the bigger ones are within walking distance.

zroid

Banned
When I went to MTL last year we stayed at The Hotel Gouverneur, which is directly above Berri-UQAM station. It's perfect if you're planning to take the Metro at all.

Need some advice from you fine folks.

I need to get a suit, but my budget isn't that much (~500 bucks).

Anywhere in the city I should check out?

Suit Supply in Yorkville. Some of the models run as low as $429. Not too sure on the quality of those models but I wear the Sienna line which fit a lot slimmer but run closer to $700.

Quick

Banned
Suit Supply in Yorkville. Some of the models run as low as $429. Not too sure on the quality of those models but I wear the Sienna line which fit a lot slimmer but run closer to $700.

I'll second Suit Supply. I've only been there once, but I liked the atmosphere and the staff provided good service, and were very knowledgeable. They also do tailoring in-house, in case there's any alternations that need to be made before you walk out the door (optional of course).

I bought a suit, and needed to get the pants hemmed - that took about 15 minutes. I could've probably done it elsewhere for less money, but I wasn't in a big rush and it wasn't that much more than going to your dry cleaner's or something.

I actually did my alterations at Suit Supply as well. Costs more than other places but their staff seem very knowledgeable and in-tune with fashion trends so I felt they provided better advice on how short to hem something, how much to taper, etc. When I'm dropping that much money on a suit, I want it to look absolutely perfect.

Although if you're just buying a suit to wear once in a blue moon, you could probably get away with something cheaper like Express, Topshop/Top Man, Zara, etc.

Quick

Banned
I actually did my alterations at Suit Supply as well. Costs more than other places but their staff seem very knowledgeable and in-tune with fashion trends so I felt they provided better advice on how short to hem something, how much to taper, etc. When I'm dropping that much money on a suit, I want it to look absolutely perfect.

Although if you're just buying a suit to wear once in a blue moon, you could probably get away with something cheaper like Express, Topshop/Top Man, Zara, etc.

I'll also add Banana Republic factory stores to this. Their fits aren't quite in-tune with modern fashion trends, but the suits are cheaper at least - just get it altered after.

I bought a navy suit from the BR factory store, while it was cheap, it wasn't such a good fit. I had to buy it last-minute for my job, and the pants looked huge on me. Their fits are generally pretty big.

Blackhead

Redarse
they called my references, I had three interviews with different managers, it was looking so promising... then they said I didn't get the job :/

hey at least the CAD is recovering slowly

dluu13

they called my references, I had three interviews with different managers, it was looking so promising... then they said I didn't get the job :/

That's how it goes lol I've been jerked around a couple of times during my internships too. I still haven't had to get a job outside of school yet but that sounds like a bad time.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Wtf. I fucking hate when that happens...

I also don't care about the dollar until gaem prices go down.

Mupod

well I got a ticket for that EGLX thing, I entered the SFV tournament (I will probably lose badly). I don't follow Smash but it seems like they got some names for that...don't see anything about who is gonna be there for SFV.

regardless, looking forward to trying out some VR stuff.

ahdurian

man, ive been spending too much time on Miitomo...
12439455_10154041043211870_6929053977241213300_n.jpg

Top Bottom